StarBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the looks for next months box. It looks like a very colorful box. My guesses are the orangish eyeshadow yellowish eyeshadow and maybe the lipstick. It seems like the models have the same lipstick on. I really like how early they put out the looks for the box!

So basically 2 eyeliners, a brush and 1 eye shadow? All in the most generic neutral shades I've seen in a while. We ALL have a ton of neutrals. What about the promo page on their site with all the colorful items? The box looks packed full. This would fit in an envelope!!! I have an order out with them. Can we return boxes? I will be really ticked off if this is what they send me after all their splashy ( in more ways than one) ads. IMO, every Subscription Box out there has a great first box, then it's downhill a bit, or a lot, depending. The people who got the first Starlooks Box got a great box.
I dont see anything wrong with the box. It's filled with make up and it's well rounded, everything youd need almost for a full eye look. Maybe the box just isn't for you.

Is there a website I can stalk for more info? Vee's pics have got me curious and it looks promising!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are the previews for the July box if you're interested too. It doesn't show the product but the products on models so its just speculation at this point :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Whoa, super bright pops of color and love the lips!! Aaggh..I should pocket my money and wait lol, but it's tempting. I have similar colors in a palette and haven't even used them yet lol.

I dont see anything wrong with the box. It's filled with make up and it's well rounded, everything youd need almost for a full eye look. Maybe the box just isn't for you.
I looked at all of their eye colors, and it appeared to me that they sent the drabbest color they have to their primo customer base. It's summer, not fall. Beachy, pretty colors would have been better than a greenish- brown shadow with a stark black eyeliner pen.

I think the eyeliner pencil is blue from a YT video I saw.

Who among us doesn't have the eyeliner pencils we want in basic colors?

BTW, in their shop, I could not find any face products such as blush, or foundation or tinted moisturizer. I think the hair care boxes are coming soon. I really hope this is not Cosmetique, take 2, but I will keep on subscribing and hope for the best for now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sorry that I don't find a single shadow in drab olive to be a " full eye look". Some may still be into the smoky eye look with a lot of liner, but I;'m not in the summer months.

Here are the previews for the July box if you're interested too. It doesn't show the product but the products on models so its just speculation at this point :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for this link. If you go to their site, there is an eye quad with a lot of gold and orange. I think they are shipping this, and 1 or 2 bright lipsticks in the next box. Speculation only, but they should promote their eye quads, plus those are the colors I wear all summer long.

While there is no way I'd sub to this, I actually can see the point of sending neutrals to customers on occasion: it ensures the widest possible utility for customers: look how often we all fuss when a sub has some specific color that simply does NOT work for them. Also, if I were part of a sub that did send out more neutral stuff, my thought process would be, "Great, now when I go to buy makeup, I can spend it on something fun". Everyone's needs are different, after all.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While there is no way I'd sub to this, I actually can see the point of sending neutrals to customers on occasion: it ensures the widest possible utility for customers: look how often we all fuss when a sub has some specific color that simply does NOT work for them. Also, if I were part of a sub that did send out more neutral stuff, my thought process would be, "Great, now when I go to buy makeup, I can spend it on something fun". Everyone's needs are different, after all.
LOL, you're a little late. Did you see the discussion about the upcoming box? Not neutral, it would seem.

Send me your addy in a PM and I will send you all the neutral eye and face colors you will need for the rest of your sweet, darling life, OK?

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL, you're a little late. Did you see the discussion about the upcoming box? Not neutral, it would seem.

Send me your addy in a PM and I will send you all the neutral eye and face colors you will need for the rest of your sweet, darling life, OK?

...Seriously, do you go through every thread looking for people to argue with/make rude comments to or something?

Wow..that was incredibly rude..like many of your other comments. Sounds like TallCoolTexan has a twin! Do you live in a bubble, too?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow..that was incredibly rude..like many of your other comments. Sounds like TallCoolTexan has a twin! Do you live in a bubble, too?
You know, the interesting thing about this is TallCoolTexan's last post on the board is 6/17/12 6;27pm, and Laura Brooks first post is 6/17/12, 7:32pm. (times local for me, i assume)

Both say they don't use facebook for privacy reasons and are very intense about offline privacy (which is whatever, reasonable).

Both say they stay at home as they have rich hubbies.

They have similar writing styles... and both seem to be professional victims. Everyone is always taking everything the wrong way!  We all must just be too sensitive.

I've got to be awake a few more hours...  hmm... I think I'm going to need to see the receipts on this one to believe they are NOT the same person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

edit:

more similarities:

TCT: " I have 2 Clarisonics, and believe in them.." (profile)

LB: "When I got my first Clarisonic a few years ago [...] It works just as well with my larger Clarisonic Plus." July BB thread, post #333

LB: "Now I use my CellCeuticals cleanser which is also low- foaming and not a soap" July BB thread, post #333

TCT: Lists CellCeuticals as a favorite product on her profile

TCT mentions here being 50+.

LB makes reference to being a beauty queen a "Long long time ago" and her username is, of course, reference to a show that hasn't been on in decades. We can probably safely assume that LB is of similar age to TCT.

I'm just sayin', guys.

I have been wondering the same thing, especially after reading so many posts the person in question has made recently and the words used/tone conveyed. If you want drama and interesting reading, follow the posts lol. I don't get it; debate is good, but insults and whatnot? We are only on the internet, people. Don't be so rude to the computer screen!

Originally Posted by SetToStunning /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, the interesting thing about this is TallCoolTexan's last post on the board is 6/17/12 6;27pm, and Laura Brooks first post is 6/17/12, 7:32pm. (times local for me, i assume)

Both say they don't use facebook for privacy reasons and are very intense about offline privacy (which is whatever, reasonable).

They have similar writing styles... and both seem to be professional victims. Everyone is always taking everything the wrong way!  We all must just be too sensitive.

I've got to be awake a few more hours...  hmm... I think I'm going to need to see the receipts on this one to believe they are NOT the same person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's hilarious because I actually just thought offhand a few days ago "Man, this one is as irritating and condescending as that LongCoolTexan chick..." Never thought to actually look into it!

You know, I have been nothing but polite to you, even when you PMed me, accusing me of being mean to you. I was merely adding TO the discussion, not attacking you, but your condescension is downright crass and offputting, frankly.

Originally Posted by SetToStunning /img/forum/go_quote.gif

edit:

more similarities:

TCT: " I have 2 Clarisonics, and believe in them.." (profile)

LB: "When I got my first Clarisonic a few years ago [...] It works just as well with my larger Clarisonic Plus." July BB thread, post #333

LB: "Now I use my CellCeuticals cleanser which is also low- foaming and not a soap" July BB thread, post #333

TCT: Lists CellCeuticals as a favorite product on her profile

TCT mentions here being 50+.

LB makes reference to being a beauty queen a "Long long time ago" and her username is, of course, reference to a show that hasn't been on in decades. We can probably safely assume that LB is of similar age to TCT.

I'm just sayin', guys.
 A few things: I did work. I have 2 broken legs ( compound fractures) from a riding accidentt in a dressage event  last month.

My step mom told me about the site. She did post here as TallCoolTexan  but when I moved in with after I got out of the hospital and felt well enough to be onshe told me about this site. However, Zadidoll ( Yasmin) , the moderator wouldn't let us both post from the same house,. 

My step mom  encouraged me to read here, and she also gave me her subscription boxes.. She's very generous towards me. I don't care that much about makeup or anything else right now because I am hurting very badly physically and I am tired of not being able to get around well or do the sports, hobbies I am used to doing, and I miss being able to participate in my career at present, too..

If you read my initial post, I tell how I got hurt. After I have healed more, I will have to go to inpatient physical therapy rehab for probably a long time..

She thought that while I am home, I might like to interact with people my age, so she told me about the site and said you all were nice but mostly a lot younger than her. I'm young enough to be her daughter, actually she's older than my mother and father were. She was married to my father when I was young. He's deceased, and I don't have any other family. None. My husband is away a great deal of the time, so I couldn't stay by myself. I didn't want private nurses in our home.

++My step mom gave me the CellCeuticals skin care kit, and most of the beauty subscription boxes. I had never heard of them until recently.

++I was not alive when Peyton Place was on TV. IF you read what I said, I said that I have the show on DVD.

++I have never said what my husband does for a living, nor have I ever mentioned money in connection with his occupation/ career, etc.

++ What I feel  is because I am new, and because you didn't like her, you are putting meanings on my posts about EVERYTHING which was never intended. You take something that was meant to be nice and twist and turn it into something mean or weird.

Just because I'm new here.

When I said I would send neutral colored cosmetics to a fellow poster, I meant something nice, not something bad. If someone has a question about what I mean, or if you think it's something mean, why not ask? I don't ever mean to post anything mean to anyone about anything at all.

What is there to be competitive about regarding talk about makup?

I don't understand at all why this site is so competitive about words, posts, who gets what makeup, or how long you've been on this site. It's about makeup.

Take it or leave it, this is who I am. Since I am being stalked around this site and my posts are being cut apart and compared to my step mom's,  I will refrain from posting in the future unles I have a question which I can't find the answer to elsewhere.

Laura

A few things: I did work. I have 2 broken legs ( compound fractures) from a riding accidentt in a dressage event  last month.

My step mom told me about the site. She did post here as TallCoolTexan  but when I moved in with her last week, the moderator wouldn't let us both post from the same house,. She  encouraged me to post and also gave me her subscription boxes.. She's taking care of me while I'm injured.

If you read my initial post, I tell how I got hurt. After I have healed more, I will have to go to inpatient physical therapy rehab for probably a long time..

She thought that while I am home, I might like to interact with people my age, so she told me about the site and said you all were nice but mostly a lot younger than her. I'm young enough to be her daughter, actually she's older than my mother and father were. She was married to my father when I was young. He's deceased, and I don't have any other family. None.

My step mom gave me the CellCeuticals skin care kit, and most of the beauty subscription boxes. I had never heard of them until recently.

I was not alive when Peyton Place was on TV. IF you read what I said, I said that I have the show on DVD.

I have never said what my husband does for a living, nor have I ever mentioned money in connection with his occupation/ career, etc.

What I see is because I am new, and because you didn't like her, you are putting meanings on my posts about EVERYTHING which was never intended. You take something that was meant to be nice and twist and turn it into something mean or weird.

Just because I'm new here.

When I said I would send my neutral colored cosmetics to a fellow poster, I meant something nice, not something bad. If someone has a question about what I mean, or if you think it's something mean, why not ask? I don't ever mean to post anything mean to anyone about anything at all.

What is there to be competitive about regarding talk about makup?

I don't understand at all why this site is so competitive about words, posts, who gets what makeup, or how long you've been on this site. It's about makeup.

Take it or leave it, this is who I am. Since I am being stalked around this site and my posts are being cut apart and compared to my step mom's,  I will refrain from posting in the future unles I have a question which I can't find the answer to elsewhere.

Laura
Sorry for your accident, but that doesn't excuse anything.  Neither does being new...Common courtesy and manners extends to all aspects of a person's character, doesn't just fall short at a keyboard. Your commentary towards others was not appropriate and quite offensive, CLEARLY. So please don't turn around and deny your commentary that is clearly posted. Funny that many people were able to find such a close correlation between you and the above mentioned poster. I think for future reference, everyone could benefit from scrutinizing and editing before hitting the "submit" button, probably myself included. Maybe you specifically should go over the MUT rules regarding etiquette.

Oh yes, Apologies, JMO

Back