Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am dying to know what's in the January box and when I can expect it. I received a gift subscription for Christmas, so I'm not getting tracking emails. Anybody know if they've shipped yet or around what time they typically ship?

I am dying to know what's in the January box and when I can expect it. I received a gift subscription for Christmas, so I'm not getting tracking emails. Anybody know if they've shipped yet or around what time they typically ship?
Usually the third full week of the month, which would be next week.

I totally forgot about Starlooks this month! I just had to log into my account to check that I had even paid for this month 
laughing.gif

They are really playing up the coffee thing, so it wouldn't be TOO crazy to get a coffee mug, whoever suggested that. Or perhaps they mean more in a color sense? Would love something for brows, perhaps a brow palette? Also, desperately need makeup remover, so bring it on!

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I totally forgot about Starlooks this month! I just had to log into my account to check that I had even paid for this month 
laughing.gif

They are really playing up the coffee thing, so it wouldn't be TOO crazy to get a coffee mug, whoever suggested that. Or perhaps they mean more in a color sense? Would love something for brows, perhaps a brow palette? Also, desperately need makeup remover, so bring it on!
I would actually be totally excited about a coffee mug, but I think they'll stick to their own makeup/ whatever can fit into one of their Starlooks boxes. The brow palette is something I was thinking too. Because they play up the model's eye area a lot in the Looks Book photos. We should all be getting shipping notifications soon so we'll know before you know it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last year they sent the brow palette (april or may?) and it was my first and only brow item. I really like it. Before getting it I just never did anything with my brows and now it's something I do most days. It'd be nice if they add a brow gel or something like that and send it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now that it has been nearly a year since the last mascara and they added new formulas, I wonder if we'll be getting one soon.

I'd definitely like if they send a brush this month (maybe the liner/brow angled brush since the eye area seems like a focus in the looksbook...unless you guys have gotten that recently), since I really do like their brushes, but I just can't justify the cost of them in general (though I am trying to buy more "quality" makeup related items, instead of just going for quantity, so maybe at some point I will splurge). The blush/contour brush they sent out is the only blush brush I use. I love it.

The brow palette was in May (with that scary-looking brown blush that turned out to be amazing), although prior to that, I think they also sent out a different brow set in November 2012, so the pacing would fit, although I'm hoping against another one since I'm barely making a dent on the May palette! I would love a brow pencil, though, so I could keep it in my makeup bag for those mornings (most of them!) when I miss my brows when I'm doing my makeup before I leave for work at ass o'clock in the morning. Given how heavily they have been focusing on eyes (four months in a row) lately, though, my guess is that this month will be makeup remover, primer, and a basic lip liner that will go with just about anything or can be worn all by itself. (Please not the Bare liner that went out in ipsy last spring! I have it, and it's just not flattering!) As for coffee, I could see it being represented in the box by a facial scrub. Or it could just be a random prop that really has nothing to do with anything we end up receiving, like the headbands back in April.

I wouldn't mind a primer or a makeup remover, and I wouldn't turn my nose up at Skincare either. I feel like starlooks is gonna run out of new things that are flattering for most people soon, I mean don't they have to eventually? Sometimes I wish that they would send out different colour variations of the same products for different people, rather than give everyone the same items. Maybe the coffee is an extra that will be included in our boxes? Either way, I'm excited to get my box this month!

I haven't even made a dent in the brow palette yet, either, and I use it so much, so I'd like it if there was a brow product that it wouldn't be another palette but a pencil, gel or brush.

I would really like to try their primer. I've only tried two face primers and haven't liked either one, so it would be nice to try theirs.

So excited to be back with Starbox, hence all the rambling posts LOL.

my brows are a nice dark brown.  I have no need of a brow palette....unless I can use it as an eyeshadow as well...

my brows are a nice dark brown.  I have no need of a brow palette....unless I can use it as an eyeshadow as well...
The May palette could be used for either. There's one shade in there (an eggshell) that I can't imagine ever wearing as a brow shade, but as a browbone highlighter? It looks like it was *made* for that.

I feel like a pencil may be difficult as there's people all over the eyebrow color spectrum. I have dark brown hair, but it would suck to be blonde and get a darrrrrk pencil. At least with a palette, there's more variety in shades. Perhaps it will just be a brow gel OR brow brush of sorts? 

Does anyone remember when they normally ship by? I know December was a bit early so it has me feeling like my Starbox is late, but isn't it normally the 3rd week of the month? I know once it ships out it's usually really fast to get here (at least for me) but I'm so impatient, I need it nowww!
11.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone remember when they normally ship by? I know December was a bit early so it has me feeling like my Starbox is late, but isn't it normally the 3rd week of the month? I know once it ships out it's usually really fast to get here (at least for me) but I'm so impatient, I need it nowww!
11.gif

Should be the 3rd full week of the month, which is next week.  Bear in mind that Monday is a holiday, so nothing will be moving on that day.

I would love it if they sent a foundation brush. I also miss the Why Marci? videos.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would love it if they sent a foundation brush. I also miss the Why Marci? videos.
I didn't see the "Why Marci?" videos until after they stopped making them. I have NO idea why companies don't continue to do interactive things like this, though. I do know that Marci responds to e-mails frequently though, I would shoot her a message and ask her if she's going to make them again!

I didn't see the "Why Marici?" videos until after they stopped making them. I have NO idea why companies don't continue to do interactive things like this, though. I do know that Marci responds to e-mails frequently though, I would shoot her a message and ask her if she's going to make them again!

Where there's a makeuptalk problem, there is a makeuptalk solution!  She has a PM box here :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish tomorrow wasn't a holiday, so that we would atleast have the possibility of shipping :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish tomorrow wasn't a holiday, so that we would atleast have the possibility of shipping :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
haha I know I was just thinking that! I'm waiting on a few packages and my Starlooks shipping notification and now I have to wait another day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha I know I was just thinking that! I'm waiting on a few packages and my Starlooks shipping notification and now I have to wait another day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have a small Julep package I am waiting for and it was transferred to USPS in KY last week, so on a normal week I may have gotten tomorrow, but now I have to wait lol. I also made my first Sephora purchase online Friday and I am waiting for that to be able to ship. Since this is my first month back with Starlooks, I am sooo eagerly anticipating shipping.

Back