Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by chrysti198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got tracking! My starlooks starbox is on it's way! It hasn't been updated yet, but I'm excited just to get the tracking email
biggrin.gif

No tracking e-mail for me yet! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No tracking e-mail for me yet! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully soon!
Same here!  =(

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  anyone else get a tracking email?

I haven't yet...

It doesn't seem that anyone except the one person who made the comment about it has.  Weird :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my tracking number on Monday as well.  I am in Canada and probably won't get mine till the end of the month.

Maybe it's just anyone outside of the US who has extra long shipping has shipped and those of us in the states haven't started shipping yet. On Facebook someone asked about shipping and they said it would start on the 20th, so I am guessing that's when they began sending the non-US ones.

Geez...It's the 22nd of January, though. I don't understand why they ship their boxes so late in the month. I haven't received my tracking info yet, I'm just hoping I get it before February lol

Geez...It's the 22nd of January, though. I don't understand why they ship their boxes so late in the month. I haven't received my tracking info yet, I'm just hoping I get it before February lol
As long as they don't ship DHL now like everyone else, I am ok with not having tracking yet LOL If it were DHL, i'd be freaking about how I wouldn't have it until mid February the way they are haha.

I am being an optimist today and feel like we will get tracking today *crossesfingers*

This is the other sub I picked up last night while perusing the forums til 3am.  I'm pretty excited about this subscription box.  How is the quality?

December was my first box and I LOVE the palette that they sent out - I reach for it everyday now... just don't like that they take the money on the 1st and it's almost the end of the month and it still hasn't shipped.

I have always gotten my Starbox during the month that it is intended for.

Quote: Originally Posted by rebstl82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  December was my first box and I LOVE the palette that they sent out - I reach for it everyday now... just don't like that they take the money on the 1st and it's almost the end of the month and it still hasn't shipped.

I keep seeing this same complaint in the thread and I'm not sure what the issue is.  No offense, but all of this is covered in their FAQ:

"You will be billed automatically for your Starbox on the 1st of each month."

"
All Starboxes always ship within the 3rd and 4th week of each month."

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep seeing this same complaint in the thread and I'm not sure what the issue is.  No offense, but all of this is covered in their FAQ:

"

Oh I have as well. I just don't understand why the chosen time to ship out a box is at the end of the month it's intended for. As a blogger, I like to get my monthly subscription box reviews up in the same month they were sent to me, and I'm always cutting it pretty close as I want to give an accurate review of the products as well as the box itself. Didn't mean to bother you or anything. Just find it strange that they're sent out so late in the month.

"

I don't think it is a complaint in regards to not knowing how it works. I think it is more of an annoyance in memory. Once or twice I've ordered things, been billed immediately, and a month later suddenly remembered the order and wondered where it is! Completely my fault for not keep better track of my finances, but it is just easier when things ship right around billing because it does not give you the chance to forget. And this is a monthly box and I have no doubt it will ship, but if it were to get lost in the mail there is a chance (if not for MUT) that I might forget about it at the end of the month and never get it, thus throwing away money.

It does also give you less time to think about keeping the service if you receive the last week of the month and are billed the next week. Again, not a surprise since they are upfront about the time frame, just a minor annoyance.

Oh I have as well. I just don't understand why the chosen time to ship out a box is at the end of the month it's intended for. As a blogger, I like to get my monthly subscription box reviews up in the same month they were sent to me, and I'm always cutting it pretty close as I want to give an accurate review of the products as well as the box itself. Didn't mean to bother you or anything. Just find it strange that they're sent out so late in the month.
I like the later shipping for the sole fact that it kind of staggers receiving different subs, since most come beginning to mid month, it's nice to have something to look forward to later in the month. I am just starting blogging and totally sucking at getting things posted in the month I got them anyways LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like the later shipping for the sole fact that it kind of staggers receiving different subs, since most come beginning to mid month, it's nice to have something to look forward to later in the month. I am just starting blogging and totally sucking at getting things posted in the month I got them anyways LOL

I would totally agree if my other subs actually came early in the month! LOL All of the ones that are supposed to come mid month always come at the end. I think the only exception is Birchbox and Ipsy, which come mid month for me. While 90% of people already have their Pop Sugar box, mine isn't scheduled to be here until next week, as well as a few other boxes. I guess that's true though, they're one of the few subscriptions that ship at the end of the month. The good thing about Starlooks for me is that, when they DO ship, they always get here really quickly, at least for me!

"
I didn't notice that on the site and couldn't find it actually.  My december one came really early, shipped in the first week and arrived in the 2nd week of december - must have been a fluke!

I apologize for any annoyance I caused.

I didn't notice that on the site and couldn't find it actually.  My december one came really early, shipped in the first week and arrived in the 2nd week of december - must have been a fluke! I apologize for any annoyance I caused.
Yeah, it was shipped earlier than usual in November and December due to the holidays. Mine usually ship between the 19th and the 22nd every month, although it was the 24th in June.

Quote: Originally Posted by rebstl82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't notice that on the site and couldn't find it actually.  My december one came really early, shipped in the first week and arrived in the 2nd week of december - must have been a fluke!

I apologize for any annoyance I caused.

No, no, no.  I wasn't annoyed!  I was just addressing the same complaint I've seen over and over, just to try to clear things up, lest people believe the subscription itself is flawed.  I was just pointing out that, at the bottom of the page, there is a link to the FAQ, where "when will I be billed" and "when will I receive my Starbox" are both covered.  If it's just that some people are annoyed by their policy, they should contact Starlooks.  Maybe they would be willing to amend their policies to change it?  I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you were annoying me in any way.  I had seen the same complaint repeatedly, so I was hoping it would clear things up.

It has been earlier the past couple of months in preparation for the holidays, but it really is the exception and not the rule.  I personally like this, since I get some staggered sub boxes throughout the month.  It's nice to have a little present at the end of the month to still look forward to.  YMMV though.

Sorry if I gave off the impression that I was annoyed though.

Back