Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh wait, the card also says that everyone will be getting something different this month!!!!!

So maybe they are getting rid of stock?
lol

oh well - I guess it will be a complete surprise!! 

Oh wait, the card also says that everyone will be getting something different this month!!!!!

That actually makes sense given the theme!  They're reflecting on what they need to cleanse from their inventory for a fresh start with new stock.  They seem to have been doing that with their birthday boxes already, and I was thinking that might be what they're doing with the loyalty boxes since they haven't had one of those mystery sales in a while.

I really like Cherry Rose and Guilty pleasure, definitely wouldn't mind getting those. Not as into the Tory, but I'd wear it lol and I like Coy.

It'll be cool to see everyone's reveal with the possibility of them being different.

Oh that's kind of awesome! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm fine with them getting rid of stock if they are giving everyone a kind of "mystery" box. Plus since you got 4 items that means most likely the rest of us will too, so that's also a bonus considering we usually get 3. Now I'm excited to get mine and see everyone else's reveals! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dianaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't wait to see what I get. I hope not as much lip products as I already have plenty.

err....you might be disappointed this month then....

I won't receive my first box until February.  I can't wait to see what everyone gets this month!

The card basically says did you know makeup can be used for other areas beside those intended? Lipstick as creme blush, blush as eyeshadow, etc.

It also says to remember if you ever receive duplicates contact customer service and they will take care of you. Which isn't true at all since this has happened to me and their response was that they have noted the problem.

Surprising month I think.

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

err....you might be disappointed this month then....

The parts I've bolded in jenniferrose's posts make me think we won't know what we're getting -- not a product type or part of the face -- until we open our boxes.  It's Mystery Month!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The parts I've bolded in jenniferrose's posts make me think we won't know what we're getting -- not a product type or part of the face -- until we open our boxes.  It's Mystery Month!
OH!!! I totally missed that post....oh thats pretty exciting!  

I kind of like that they tricked us...we were all going on about how we couldn't guess what products could be in the box and then BAM we find out it's because it could be ANYTHING!!! It's kind of fun. It might be a fun way to start every year of Starboxes off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There are quite a few of the lip sets that I wouldn't mind getting parts of (like the Red, Light Pink, Bold Pink and Berry Holiday Sets)

Haha I'm all for mystery month (especially since I got that nude lip gloss in a referral box last month), but what exactly was the point of the look book?  So bizarre!

Hoping I get my box tomorrow or Saturday.  I also have another referral box coming this month.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Can't wait to see what other people get!!

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just would like to get my starlooks box!!  A shipping notice would be nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The person that posted she got her box said she never even received a shipping notice.  So I'm going to be optimistic and pretend mine is already on its way :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ah, I just found the clues in the looksbook that should have told us what was coming:  

Quote: Starlooks encourages you to add our motto to your list of resolutions this January - Surprise Yourself.
And then a little later:

Quote:  And before you head out to start your day, try that new, unused eye shadow, lipstick, liner, or piece of makeup you never thought you could pull off, and watch the heads turn and the complements flow… you won’t regret it, we promise
To my eye, the looksbook has a model with more or less a blank canvas face.  No liner, no blush, no shadow.  I think we were supposed to look at her face ready for the day's makeup and think about what *could* be done if imagination was set loose.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ah, I just found the clues in the looksbook that should have told us what was coming:  

And then a little later:

To my eye, the looksbook has a model with more or less a blank canvas face.  No liner, no blush, no shadow.  I think we were supposed to look at her face ready for the day's makeup and think about what *could* be done if imagination was set loose.

There ya go! I was totally puzzled when I looked at the model pics again but after reading your comment it just clicked and I was like AHA!!! Brilliant @meaganola!
claps.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There ya go! I was totally puzzled when I looked at the model pics again but after reading your comment it just clicked and I was like AHA!!! Brilliant @meaganola!
claps.gif

I agree, good find!  I would never have gotten that.  Here's to hoping we all get the unique snowflake boxes of our dreams.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine wasn't in the mail today, I was kinda hoping it would be, even though I am not actually expecting it til next week (we're getting crazy weather, so I am just kind of assuming all the mail I'm expecting will take an extra day or two).  Can't wait to see what is in it, though!

Mine surprised me this afternoon. I got the same lippies as was talked about yesterday.
The Cherry Rose lipstick is gorgeous! I've been needing that exact pink for a while now. I'm really excited about this one. The Guilty Pleasure gloss is a pretty Mauve pink & I will use it. The Tory lipstick just at first glance isn't my favorite. It looks like a cross of nude & orange, but Starlooks has a way of pleasantly surprising me by forcing me out of my comfort zone. The Coy I will probably gift or trade. It's too nude & will look like clear gloss on me. I already have a gloss in that color family & it never gets used. The eyelash comb is kind of dumb. It reminds me of those cheap combs you get from the photographer for school picture day. (Anybody remember those?) I can't see myself using it. There are some coupon codes though which look good: BEMYLS40 = 40% off Starlooks lipstick through February 7th 20% off pencils - NEWYEARGEM20 - gem pencils NEWYEARK20 - kohl pencils NEWYEAREP20 - eye pencils NEWYEARLL20 - lip liners 14% off all orders - NEWYEAR14

Received my box as well! Same thing as ya'lls, the two lipsticks and two glosses. Maybe they're going out in waves?

My box also showed up . . . same as everyone's. I think I'm going to end up trading ALL of them. Eh. I feel like we got Ipsy leftovers.

Latest posts

Back