Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a "You're Getting a Referral Box!" email before my regular shipping notification.  Now THAT is something that hasn't happened before...

I was the one who posted that I had received my tracking on Monday. I am in Canada, so maybe, like Ipsy, they send tracking to Canadian customers first, since they mail them out first, because it takes so long for them to get here. I just checked my tracking and it hasn't updated since it passed through the sort facility in Irvine. It hasn't made it through customs yet, or been passed on to Canada Post.

I wish Starlooks did spoilers, cause I am so incredibly excited to see what's in my box. I'm hoping for something a little different this month...

it isn't much a jan. box if we don't get it until feb!!  I don't understand that type of thinking - you would think that they would send out earlier in the month - after all - don't they do themes for the month? 

what good are those themes if the month is over?  oh well.

The 2 boxes I've been really waiting for - starlooks and glossybox - are just letting me down this month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 As a blogger, I like to get my monthly subscription box reviews up in the same month they were sent to me, and I'm always cutting it pretty close as I want to give an accurate review of the products as well as the box itself.

I'm in the same boat, totally agree. I always feel like I need to use the product for almost a week before I feel comfortable with giving a full review, but when the boxes go out this late I either try to rush through it in 3 days or so or just post late after the month is over.
icon_confused.gif
Either way, I get all anxious about it! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am dyyyying here!
Me too!

Ooh, fingers crossed that the Instagram photo about this year's eye trend is a sign of things to come in our boxes. I'm done with oranges and golds.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, fingers crossed that the Instagram photo about this year's eye trend is a sign of things to come in our boxes. I'm done with oranges and golds.
what instagram is that?

Lip Gloss in Coy Lipstick in Tory Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure Lipstick in Cherry Rose   And a small eyebrow comb
Spoilers above.

Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Lip Gloss in Coy Lipstick in Tory Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure Lipstick in Cherry Rose   And a small eyebrow comb
Spoilers above.

interesting.....nothing of what I would have thought the Jan box would have been!    I will have to look up those colors now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks!

Spoilers above

Thanks for sharing!  I'm excited to get those... they'll all get used!

Spoilers above.

so strange. I really thought it would be some sort of an eye product. I wonder how they're connected to the LooksBook... Cherry Rose looks really pretty, Tory not so much. Coy and Guilty pleasure both look wearable though. 3/4 ain't bad!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Interesting.  It's basically two of the ipsy complete-the-look sets.

Coy gloss and Tory lipstick (ipsy Bare set):  http://starlooks.com/products/bare-lip-set
Guilty Pleasure gloss and Cherry Blossom lipstick (ipsy Tickle Me Pink set):  http://starlooks.com/products/tickle-me-pink-lip-set

Yea I noticed the same thing. Can't say I'm not a bit bummed on that. I feel like the Starboxes should feel a little bit exclusive, and not like leftovers from an Ipsy set. I mean, I'll definitely use everything, but not a very exciting month.

The card basically says did you know makeup can be used for other areas beside those intended? Lipstick as creme blush, blush as eyeshadow, etc. It also says to remember if you ever receive duplicates contact customer service and they will take care of you. Which isn't true at all since this has happened to me and their response was that they have noted the problem. Surprising month I think.

Oh wait, the card also says that everyone will be getting something different this month!!!!! So maybe they are getting rid of stock?

Back