Starlooks Starbox May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep wondering if it is a primer, so that the colors are more vibrant?
Maybe! Hadn't thought about it that way, but the wording could be referring to something like that.

Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe! Hadn't thought about it that way, but the wording could be referring to something like that.
This is my first box this month so I am not all sure what to expect and what has been in the previous boxes. I am just guessing :)

I am curious about trying Starlooks.

I thought I would purchase the April box first.

Was the lipstick full size?

Thanks!!!

Edit: I just researched Starlooks a bit more and ALL the products are full size?!!!! That's nuts!

How is the quality? This looks like an awesome sub!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am curious about trying Starlooks.

I thought I would purchase the April box first.

Was the lipstick full size?

Thanks!!!

Edit: I just researched Starlooks a bit more and ALL the products are full size?!!!! That's nuts!

How is the quality? This looks like an awesome sub!

VERY good. I got the February box, and everything was terrific. I was really amazed at how great the blush was even in the smallest dab. Definitely worth the money and very high quality. The customer service is also one of the friendliest groups I have ever dealt with. That alone justifies the price to me.

The closest thing to a sample they have sent since January (actually, looking at previous boxes, in *any* of them, but I've only received the Jan-Apr boxes, so those are the only ones I can personally verify) was the lip scrub in March, and even that's not a sample.  It's just a tiny jar (you barely need any, so the size is appropriate for the product.  It's about the diameter of a nickel and, oh, maybe half an inch tall), and that's the size they actually sell (and the price is appropriate for the size:  two bucks!).

Quality:  Great!  The only thing I have really been disappointed in has been one gel liner (Chancy, the shimmery purple), and I think it's actually user error since it's the first shimmery gel liner I've tried to use as liner (I use the Princess Diaries gel liner from the February box in a completely different way than this one should be used, and it seems to be a completely different consistency, too).  I definitely need more practice with it because I'm still not quite sure about the best way to apply it.  I'm very scared of the day they launch their new and improved swatches because I know my wishlist will just *balloon* as soon as I see all of the pretty colors.

(I have to confess that one added touch shows me just how much thought goes into the whole subscription package:  Even the box itself is coordinated to go with that month's selections.  February's pinkapalooza was in a pink box with purple metallic elastic holding it closed.  January with the metallic green liner and green bracelet went out in a green box.  April's neutrals had a blue bottom and brown lid, like the earth and sky turned upside down.  I forget the colors of the bands holding those other three months' boxes closed, but I do remember that they matched.  I'm looking forward to seeing the May box almost as much as seeing what's *in* the May box!)

As everyone has said the quality is great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a good value for the price of subscription, since you end up paying drugstore prices for higher quality items ($15 box w/ 3-4 items ends up being $5 or less per item!). My absolute fave so far has been the HD Fluid Blush from Feb's box. I pretty much never wore blush before and now I rarely walk out the door without that on! I stopped working last month, but I'm hoping to find another job soon, and if I do I so want to get another shade of it.

I only started subscribing in February, but so far, there has been a lot of variety and we've gotten to try some of their new products before they sell them on their site.

I'm getting anxious for May's box to arrive! Should probably ship next week!

Also, I thought I remember reading or hearing somewhere that June is like the anniversary for Starbox, so I'm already getting curious about whether they might do something a little *extra* special next month lol.

I received a package with 3 foundation samples I am so happy with the shades that were sent to me. I am also wondering what is in store for June, I love everything I have tried from them so far.

OMG a starlook mystery box for only 8 dollars
scream3.gif
whipping.gif
http://starlooks.com/collections/featured/products/mystery-item

I'm still debating how many to get!  

In future box news, I really hope we get a kohl eye pencil.  I think I want one, but I can't remember whether they work well for me or not, so I'm hesitant to *buy* one without trying one first.  I'm also holding out until they new swatches go up because none of the current pictures look like good colors for me, but I *know* there must be some winners in there that I'm just not able to see given the current pictures.

Back