Sugar + Cleanser = Clean and Fab Face!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think that it would be fine to scrub with it everyday as it's not to rigorous. I've been doing it every evening and then just using my cleanser on it's own in the morning and I've had no problems. The sugar is quite gentle so you shouldn't be doing any damage by using it often. Or at least I wouldn't have thought so but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

wow, whodduthunk? I'm definitely trying this tonight!
biggrin.gif

thanks a bunch, i never tried sugar before, just baking soda..

definately be trying it out soon!

I think I'm going to try this soon.

I usually use a baby brush and cleanser to gently exfoliate, but this sounds interesting.

Probably won't try the olive oil version though, it might irritate my face.

The honey one sounds good though.

I use brown sugar with my cleanser. and sometimes when my skin is dry, I mix the brown sugar with olive oil. It feels realllly slimmy on the skin but after you rinse and pat dry, your skin is sooooooo soft! I mean, it's like silk! Love it.

I've been doing this also and it's fantastic!...I use it all over.....I'll have to put a drum of sugar in my bathroom now!....I hadn't thought of mixing it with olive oil, thanks ladies for the great tip!

I will try this this morning with my cleanser.
smile.gif

Someone also told me about this for hands, using a dab of oil (whatever oil is okay), then taking brown sugar and scrubbing your hands, then adding a pump of Softsoap and then adding water and scrubbing your hands under the water till everything is rinsed off. Its supposed to work kinda like Mary Kay Satin Hands.

I've used sugar as an exfoliator and it works great. I also use epsom salt when I don't use sugar.

I've been using finely granulated sugar as a scrub for my face, and it makes my skin so soft afterwards. But I never thought of adding it to my cleanser. Thank you for the tip, I'll do it right now!
g.gif

wow, this is the first time im hearing this...

i will so try this out.

thanks!!!!

Back