Sugar + Cleanser = Clean and Fab Face!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously?! I guess it makes sense with all the popular sugar scrubs out there. Since it's cheap and easy I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for posting this!

T

Wow, that sounds really weird but I will give it a go! I shall try it tonight.

I'm gonna try this tonight! Thanks so much for sharing
biggrin.gif

I'm going to try this soon! I'm paying $25 for a micro-exfoliator now and i'd love to get the same results for a lot less money!

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm also going to try this tonight. Can you use Real extra virgin olive oil from the kitchen with it or where do you buy the olive oil? Get extra virgin olive from the grocery store.

This is the first I have heard of this!!

But my face hates me so much, I am afraid it wouldn't work for me...but maybe I will give it a try.

I'd never actually thought of doing this before. Couldn't hurt to try giving my cleanser a bit of a boost though. I'm going to try this tonight. Hoping it might make my skin nice soft and glowy but I'll see what the results are like tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the tip!! I'd heard of making your own body sugar scrub, but never thought of doing this for the face.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOVE this idea, I'm a HUGE fan of EVOO for MANY uses!!

Originally Posted by lesliemostly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE to mix some sugar in a little olive oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate the face and body. And honey makes it even better!

Originally Posted by noodlenoodle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use olive oil, sugar and honey. It does wonders for the skin and great at replenishing moisture to the skin. Originally Posted by Bobbi John /img/forum/go_quote.gif Olive Oil Sugar ScrubCame across this on the internet----
eusa_whistle.gif

Here is the recipe I use to make my Olive Oil Sugar Scrub. It is very good for dry skin and acne. Also, it helps heal blemishes too and retains natural moisture in your skin. No the olive oil will not clog your pores. Ancient Greeks used to wash their faces with Olive Oil and Italian women swear by this natural miracle product.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons of EXTRA Virgin Olive Oil - Must be extra virgin, not virgin olive oil or regular olive oil and for goodness sake you cannot slather on frying grease on your face...are you crazy?!

1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar - I swear if I hear one more person asking me if they can use splenda instead I will slap a hoe!

2 tablespoons of Honey - Any honey is fine, and if you are allergic to honey, DO NOT use it! Substitute it with aloe vera.

Mix it all together in a plastic container with a lid (that way you can save the rest for next time).

The mixture should not be too liquidy, oily or grainy. It should feel mushy, depending on what honey, sugar or olive oil you have. It should have a mushy consistency.

Wash your face with your regular cleansers.

Then apply this mixture on your face, evenly exfoliating your skin. The sugar will remove dead skin cells and the olive oil and honey will nourish your skin keeping it moisturized. I say leave this treatment on for 2 minutes.

Wash your face with warm water.

Pay dry and treat and moisturize your face.

Your skin should not feel slippery or oily, if it does you added way too much olive oil. It should feel soft and moisturized. You should automatically see a glow in your skin due to the honey and olive oil.

I use this treatment every night. It is very natural and light and works great for all skin types.

TIPS:

You can also use this treatment as a body scrub!

Leave the mixture in the plastic container out. Do not refrigerate it or else the olive oil will solidify.

Thanks so much, ladies!!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sugar is always excellent in scrubs and masks:) I never realized how important sugar really is. I have been using new scrubs and I find that a cleanser has to have something in it to exfoliate. Sugar is so perfect. Gentle yet does the job!![/size][/font]

Originally Posted by Bobbi John /img/forum/go_quote.gif Neutrogena has a citrus sugar scrub which I find works especially well. Just saw your quote today. I love Neutrogena products and this citrus sugar scrub sounds perfect.
Sheila Rose

Originally Posted by lesliemostly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE to mix some sugar in a little olive oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate the face and body.
idea.gif
OOOO GREAT! I have talked to people using just Olive Oil on their skin. I bet the sugar would work GREAT with that! If you mix enough sugar in it to make it thick enough, I bet it would work REALLY good on your feet, elbows, knees and body too! Good idea. I know some people say using salt is kind of drying for them but with sugar you get NO drying, I think it even helps keep the moisture in. Then with the Olive oil it would really leave it soft! Not only that but sometimes the salt can sting, especially if you have a cut or sensitive skin. I am going to fill a little jar with some sugar and olive oil and try it! Thanks for the post and the inspiration!

I do this for my hands also.

I mix sugar in my favorite lotion and it works great to remove dry skin from my hands.

i have tried i t sugar with the cleanser and i lloved too its very good but isnot it too much for daily scrub or is it ok?

i have tried sugar with olive oil it is good for roughed area , it acts good ut for ffew hours and i didnot try this in my face

I've been doing this for about a week now and it really works great. Have been adding it to my Neutrogena scrub and it's really given it an added boost in terms of exfoliation. Makes my skin lovely and soft. Thanks so much for suggesting this.

Back