Sugar + Cleanser = Clean and Fab Face!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mayyami /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cool! I'll try that out tonight, hopefully I don't have ants crawling on my face because it's sweet at night =) ha ha!
I laughed out loud when I saw this, made my boss stop by my door to see what was so funny...

You guys make me get in trouble...

I just tried the sugar and olive oil...wow My face feels so soft...love the homemade recipes

Olive Oil Sugar Scrub

Came across this on the internet----
eusa_whistle.gif

Here is the recipe I use to make my Olive Oil Sugar Scrub. It is very good for dry skin and acne. Also, it helps heal blemishes too and retains natural moisture in your skin. No the olive oil will not clog your pores. Ancient Greeks used to wash their faces with Olive Oil and Italian women swear by this natural miracle product.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons of EXTRA Virgin Olive Oil - Must be extra virgin, not virgin olive oil or regular olive oil and for goodness sake you cannot slather on frying grease on your face...are you crazy?!

1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar - I swear if I hear one more person asking me if they can use splenda instead I will slap a hoe!

2 tablespoons of Honey - Any honey is fine, and if you are allergic to honey, DO NOT use it! Substitute it with aloe vera.

Mix it all together in a plastic container with a lid (that way you can save the rest for next time).

The mixture should not be too liquidy, oily or grainy. It should feel mushy, depending on what honey, sugar or olive oil you have. It should have a mushy consistency.

Wash your face with your regular cleansers.

Then apply this mixture on your face, evenly exfoliating your skin. The sugar will remove dead skin cells and the olive oil and honey will nourish your skin keeping it moisturized. I say leave this treatment on for 2 minutes.

Wash your face with warm water.

Pay dry and treat and moisturize your face.

Your skin should not feel slippery or oily, if it does you added way too much olive oil. It should feel soft and moisturized. You should automatically see a glow in your skin due to the honey and olive oil.

I use this treatment every night. It is very natural and light and works great for all skin types.

TIPS:

You can also use this treatment as a body scrub!

Leave the mixture in the plastic container out. Do not refrigerate it or else the olive oil will solidify.

Originally Posted by lesliemostly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE to mix some sugar in a little olive oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate the face and body. I do this too, and use whatever oil I have if I don't have olive oil - for example I used grapeseed oil the other night - and I use caster sugar because the grains are smaller. This is SUCH a good scrub for the face, I hadn't done it in ages and I did it the other night and was like "Whoa mama why did I stop doing this?!" because my skin looked and felt amazing, much much much softer than with any branded scrub or microdermabrasion that I normally use. Maybe something to do with the properties of the oil combined with the srubby sugar.
The only problem is if you don't rinse your sink properly you get ants lol!

I tried brown sugar once but it was harder to spread around the face.

Oh btw, I used 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon oil and it was way too much for my face, so next time I will halve that or even divide it by three. You don't need very much for a great scrub!

Originally Posted by lesliemostly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE to mix some sugar in a little olive oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate the face and body. It is the best marriage ever: sugar and olive oil. Sometimes I add fragance oil .

I'm going to try this too!

I tried this about an hour ago and oh my god .. it makes your skin soooo smooth!

For those of you with sensitive skin--DON'T USE TOO MUCH SUGAR!! I've heard from a few sources that sugar crystals are so big and angular that they can rip your pores, causing more irritation and redness in the future, as well as making them more prone to bacteria, dirt, etc. I have pretty sensitive skin, so if I try this i might use just a dash of sugar. Little grains, like baking soda, are better for exfoliation.

Yep ...finely granulated sugar is the key

Olive Oil and Coconut Oil are great additions and you can also add essential oils like tea tree if you need additional help with oily skin. (or if you want to make it an aromatherapy experience in the shower as a body scrub you could add a dash of lavender, chamomile ect)

I make a new batch once a week in an old hair mask tub so I can just scoop out as I need it in the shower...(Even my husband uses it...he particularly likes the vanilla and citrus versions I make and can't believe how "soft" his very tough skin has become) I find I tend to use just plain sugar/oil on my face...while I like to switch it up and try new recipes for body scrubs...all by just adding a new essential oil/tonic. Always make sure if you use essential oils that are safe for use on the skin and/or tonic extracts you make yourself or know exactly what they contain. (Remember with essential oils less is always more and starting with one or two drops per tub will limit any possible reactions)

I'm also going to try this tonight. Can you use Real extra virgin olive oil from the kitchen with it or where do you buy the olive oil?

Back