Summer Circular Swap, 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are pictures of what was in the box.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is what I took out

image.jpeg

This is what I attempted to put in

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These I ended up having to take out because they didn't fit

image.jpeg

Yay! Can't wait for the swap! Also just wanted to let everyone know that I will be away from my home for basically all of next week (was short-noticed), just in case it ships out to me by then. I don't think it will, but just wanted to put that out there!

Another tightly-stuffed box! Looking forward to another exciting round. It appears my position in the line-up should work well.

Enjoy everyone!

I am going through my stuff tonight (I couldn't find anything in the closet to even use any of my stuff). Is there anything anyone really wants or brands? Or should I post this in the Summer Santa?

Also, for the swap, are we able to send swatches or gently used? I know I have a few products I tried once and they didn't work for me.

There's usually a baggie or container inside the swap box for gently used/swatched items. If its something that can be sanitized I usually do that before I put it in, or you can include a small note saying it was swatched.

There's usually a baggie or container inside the swap box for gently used/swatched items. If its something that can be sanitized I usually do that before I put it in, or you can include a small note saying it was swatched.
I never put in gently used items because I'm not certain how the sanitization is accomplished.  How do we do that?  Thanks!

There are no clear and defined rules for swapping used items. They must be in good condition and certainly not yucky looking. If YOU don't want it and it looks gross, there is no reason to add it to the box, just toss it. I threw out several items last time that went around the circular swap but looked not so sanitary. Basically if you wouldn't send it to someone in a swap, don't add it. If in doubt you can always post here and see if there is an interest but the box is pretty full so, really we don't "need" half used lipsticks and whatnot. lol Just use your good judgement. 

As with anything, sanitizing various make-up items can be looked up on google, there are good youtube videos devoted to the topic. Of course everyone runs the risk by taking a gently used item and it would be a good idea to sanitize it yourself before adding it to the box and taking it from the box.  

The only things we are avoiding in the swap box are perfume, nail polish and any aerosol cans and other similar type items that USPS forbids from shipping via air.

There are no clear and defined rules for swapping used items. They must be in good condition and certainly not yucky looking. If YOU don't want it and it looks gross, there is no reason to add it to the box, just toss it. I threw out several items last time that went around the circular swap but looked not so sanitary. Basically if you wouldn't send it to someone in a swap, don't add it. If in doubt you can always post here and see if there is an interest but the box is pretty full so, really we don't "need" half used lipsticks and whatnot. lol Just use your good judgement. 

As with anything, sanitizing various make-up items can be looked up on google, there are good youtube videos devoted to the topic. Of course everyone runs the risk by taking a gently used item and it would be a good idea to sanitize it yourself before adding it to the box and taking it from the box.  

The only things we are avoiding in the swap box are perfume, nail polish and any aerosol cans and other similar type items that USPS forbids from shipping via air.
I was mainly thinking about swatched items. I would hate for something to go to waste that doesn't work for me as a color or formula, but is unused.

My go-to sanitizing method is to spray any product with rubbing alcohol then let it airdry. If I take something from the used pile I most likely will sanitize it anyway even if it was before. This doesn't really work with things that come with wands (like lipgloss or concealer with doefoot applicators) so I never put those in. Personally, I don't mind swatched products, as long as its not really dug in, you know, where there's a visible dent. As long as it can be sanitized and it isn't half used, like bizgirlva said. All that being said, I got the box!

My go-to sanitizing method is to spray any product with rubbing alcohol then let it airdry. If I take something from the used pile I most likely will sanitize it anyway even if it was before. This doesn't really work with things that come with wands (like lipgloss or concealer with doefoot applicators) so I never put those in. Personally, I don't mind swatched products, as long as its not really dug in, you know, where there's a visible dent. As long as it can be sanitized and it isn't half used, like bizgirlva said. All that being said, I got the box!
I'll probably just pass my swatched items onto friends.

And YAY! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ok it was super packed, I tried my best to lighten the load so here's what I took:

13620171_10206488478039850_3522722070542743497_n.jpg

And here's what I added:

13620889_10206488478319857_1703965122367183629_n.jpg

That eyeko mascara was never opened, its waterproof and I just use plain old mascara. Also that little coyote is covering a davines oil that I was scared would leak so I ended up not including it. Despite the amount I added, the box is still pretty darn full. And sorry if the pictures are WAY huge, I usually use my phone to do this but it bricked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just pulling the order forward.

Remember we generally want you to move the box along within 5 days (not counting Sundays and holidays of course). It's always better to be over communicate here on the thread. Just let us know if it'll take you some time to sort through the items and decide what to keep and what to add. It's fine to take your time but we also require that you update us. Just a quick note to say "I'm working late, will look through the box this weekend and ship on Monday" for example, is more than enough.  

We're all excited and we all keep "eyes on the box"  

Ok it was super packed, I tried my best to lighten the load so here's what I took:

13620171_10206488478039850_3522722070542743497_n.jpg

And here's what I added:

13620889_10206488478319857_1703965122367183629_n.jpg

That eyeko mascara was never opened, its waterproof and I just use plain old mascara. Also that little coyote is covering a davines oil that I was scared would leak so I ended up not including it. Despite the amount I added, the box is still pretty darn full. And sorry if the pictures are WAY huge, I usually use my phone to do this but it bricked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The picture size is perfect for me! I have a hard time seeing the smaller ones.

According to the tracking I should get the box on Saturday, which is great because it won't have to sit my hot mailbox waiting for me to get home from work.

I'll use it as incentive to get started on my To Do list early Saturday, so that I have the rest of the day to go through the box.

Back