Target Beauty Box: March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recently finished grad school and was moving around between schools/cities for years, so I kept my billing address as my parents' house so I wouldn't have to worry about updating it every 6-8 months or so. It was delivered to my parents house for the "Current Resident," and my sister thought it was a freebie that she signed up for on the internet (she is constantly being delivered free samples, lol). She divided the contents of the box between herself and her friends. When I learned that they were being delivered to the Billing Addresses (it was an issue for most [if not everyone] who had separate billing/shipping addresses) I asked my parents and that's how I figured it out. Yes, that's annoying of my sister, but there's no way she could have known I paid for it since it was not addressed to me.  Not to mention the boxes were delivered MONTHS after the timeframe they said, so I wasn't looking out for it when it was delivered.

Now I'm in a more permanent living situation so my billing address is updated, but Target still made a big mistake and refused to fix it, so they've lost my trust. I am happy to warn others that they don't give a toot about individual people, they'll just take the $$$ and run.
I have ordered online from Target for years. The confirmation email they send you has the mailing address in the body. It always has. I have a different shipping and billing address so I always check that. I am not sure why they should have refunded you unless you checked the email and called them right away. And if it was wrong in the email, then it was most likely a user error during the checkout process.

The box would be almost $12 for me with shipping, and I don't feel like calling to get the shipping refunded is worth it for a $5 box. I would have bought it otherwise. I did enjoy the first box, but they didn't have problems with shipping then. 

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have ordered online from Target for years. The confirmation email they send you has the mailing address in the body. It always has. I have a different shipping and billing address so I always check that. I am not sure why they should have refunded you unless you checked the email and called them right away. And if it was wrong in the email, then it was most likely a user error during the checkout process.
This wasn't through the main Target website, it was ordered through the Facebook page because that was the only way to order the box. They sent a confirmation email that correctly listed my shipping and billing addresses, but that is NOT where they shipped the order. I still have this email as proof, so I'm sorry but your experiences were inconsistent with mine.

This was a systematic error that affected everyone who used different shipping and billing addresses. They should have refunded me the money because they did not ship me the products, they shipped the products to the person who lives at my billing address. Check the old thread to see how many other people had the same issues. I realize the main Target website is reliable, but ordering through the Facebook page is not. I was NOT in the wrong.

This wasn't through the main Target website, it was ordered through the Facebook page because that was the only way to order the box. They sent a confirmation email that correctly listed my shipping and billing addresses, but that is NOT where they shipped the order.

This was a systematic error that affected everyone who used different shipping and billing addresses.

Jeaniney, how long ago did that happen? Have they fixed it now that you know of?  It's also really weird/crappy that they would send something *you* bought using *your* name and then have it sent to Current Resident!!  That's just bizarre.

I hopped online to order this yesterday but chose not to when I saw the shipping was more than the box.  Not worth it, in my opinion, and I'm waaaay to lazy to call and deal with CS about the shipping charge :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If they fix the shipping issue, I'll do it, though!

I didn't have to call to get it taken care of. I posted about it in their FB page and they emailed me and took care of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jeaniney, how long ago did that happen? Have they fixed it now that you know of?  It's also really weird/crappy that they would send something *you* bought using *your* name and then have it sent to Current Resident!!  That's just bizarre.

I hopped online to order this yesterday but chose not to when I saw the shipping was more than the box.  Not worth it, in my opinion, and I'm waaaay to lazy to call and deal with CS about the shipping charge :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If they fix the shipping issue, I'll do it, though!
This happened last summer. I'm linking the thread from the previous box and you can see that others had this issue as well.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/134879/new-target-beauty-box

I don't have time to search through all the comments but here is someone in the thread who had the same issue as me:

Quote: Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I filled out the survey and in the last few boxes where you can provide general feedback, i described the 2 problems: packages sent to billing address, not mailing address; and products addressed to person who ordered "or current resident". If you haven't done the survey yet, please include these in your comments. If they see enough of these, hopefully they will do something about it. The address is www.surveymonkey.com/s/BeautyBox

I'm guessing that the issues with billing/shipping addresses is probably one of the reasons the boxes are now ordered on their official site and not a facebook page. Their site has been running much longer and things would automatically be addressed to the buyer not current resident, since that's how any other product would arrive shipped from their site. So, it seems like they listened to the feedback from the survey and are attempting to have things run smoother this time around.

This wasn't through the main Target website, it was ordered through the Facebook page because that was the only way to order the box. They sent a confirmation email that correctly listed my shipping and billing addresses, but that is NOT where they shipped the order. I still have this email as proof, so I'm sorry but your experiences were inconsistent with mine.

This was a systematic error that affected everyone who used different shipping and billing addresses. They should have refunded me the money because they did not ship me the products, they shipped the products to the person who lives at my billing address. Check the old thread to see how many other people had the same issues. I realize the main Target website is reliable, but ordering through the Facebook page is not. I was NOT in the wrong.
 Gotcha!

Man I love live chat.  Not sure if its advent is a good thing or a bad thing.  On one hand I actually get customer service things done, on the other hand I get to avoid learning how to manage my telephone anxiety.  I guess if I'm 30 and haven't figured it out yet I never will

I called them and placed the order while on the phone. They assured me they would issue me the shipping refund. I immediately got an email approving the shipping charges refund. The man said that when the item ships, the total on my card would be corrected. So, in about 7 days, my card will be adjusted. I was impressed with having an actual intelligent customer service rep. I mean, who knew they existed.

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For those of us who paid via PayPal and were charged shipping, I chatted with one of their online customer service reps and got this reply:

I have waived off the shipping from the order and you will get the refund in the form of a e-gift card as you have used a PayPal account. 
Ah man! I wanted to order a box using paypal but I rather get refunded the shipping cost than a e-gift card. Bummer!

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Man I love live chat.  Not sure if its advent is a good thing or a bad thing.  On one hand I actually get customer service things done, on the other hand I get to avoid learning how to manage my telephone anxiety.  I guess if I'm 30 and haven't figured it out yet I never will
I was so happy when I read this post!  Mainly because I have telephone anxiety that I've always considered quite irrational.  I thought it would go away as I got older but nooope!  The internet and email are my best friends. 

Seriously, I thought it was just me but knowing someone else feels the same way makes me feel so much better about it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was so happy when I read this post!  Mainly because I have telephone anxiety that I've always considered quite irrational.  I thought it would go away as I got older but nooope!  The internet and email are my best friends. 

Seriously, I thought it was just me but knowing someone else feels the same way makes me feel so much better about it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I definitely feel this way too. I'm fine in person. I just am terrible over the phone for some reason!

I signed in and bought this with my redcard and I got free shipping no problem.  I love the Naked Dry Shampoo and I'll never turn down mascara, so it was a no-brainer for me.  I am surprised that it said estimated delivery was like two weeks from now.  

I had to argue a lot to get shipping refunded, to the point of asking for a supervisor. But I got it refunded, so they say. But definitely worth $5. Thank you ladies for posting this deal. Edited: Refund is posted.

And 5 minutes later, this is when I kick myself for not ordering 2. Lol But I'm not dealing with that customer service again!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am the same way too, I feel like im always awkward on the phone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jackiee21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ah man! I wanted to order a box using paypal but I rather get refunded the shipping cost than a e-gift card. Bummer!

I just ordered it through paypal and I believe they got the shipping issue fixed because it only charged me $5 + tax.

I had no idea that they were doing this again and there appears to be no more available. =(

Back