Target Beauty Box: March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my shipping refunded :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't even have to call or anything, which is awesome because I hate to call people. I'm even awkward on the phone with my sister.

Just got my shipping refunded :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't even have to call or anything, which is awesome because I hate to call people. I'm even awkward on the phone with my sister.
That's awesome. II'mm nervous on the phone so I just emailed them they were super sweet and fast about it. Glad you got your refund.

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to argue a lot to get shipping refunded, to the point of asking for a supervisor. But I got it refunded, so they say. But definitely worth $5. Thank you ladies for posting this deal.

Edited: Refund is posted.
You had to argue? That really sucks, and I'm surprised. I did have to call twice. The first time I was put on hold for nearly ten minutes while the rep looked into it, and then I was disconnected. The second time I called, I got a woman who knew exactly what I was talking about and completed the refund quickly (it did have to be via gift card, because I used PayPal, but it's not like I won't use a Target gift card).

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Man I love live chat.  Not sure if its advent is a good thing or a bad thing.  On one hand I actually get customer service things done, on the other hand I get to avoid learning how to manage my telephone anxiety.  I guess if I'm 30 and haven't figured it out yet I never will

I have telephone anxiety too ! It must be why I do so many things online . I dont even want a nice phone, I dont even have a smart phone yet, just a push button Net10 cell phone.

But I have to have a good laptop and love to do all my business online. Texting however is ok and I have a few people who text me

I love getting customer service when its a online chat popup. I find it so much faster

Quote: Originally Posted by mirandamanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow, so many of us have phone anxiety. Im nervous even with family members, If I cant see their face and body language, I start to stutter and get choked up with mild asthma and panic attack. Then my brain is filled with nervousness, I lose things to say

Anyways, makes sense we all feel more comfortable typing on the internet and being members of a forum.

I got the Target beauty Box a few days ago, took five minutes on the phone. for refund and all and it was torture, cause I picked up that the lady was slightly disinterested in my wee lil order, lol

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow, so many of us have phone anxiety. Im nervous even with family members, If I cant see their face and body language, I start to stutter and get choked up with mild asthma and panic attack. Then my brain is filled with nervousness, I lose things to say

Anyways, makes sense we all feel more comfortable typing on the internet and being members of a forum.

I got the Target beauty Box a few days ago, took five minutes on the phone. for refund and all and it was torture, cause I picked up that the lady was slightly disinterested in my wee lil order, lol
Wow,

I never figured so many people had problems with the phone.

I used to work at a call centre and also have had to do surveys in person with people at some stores before...

Those things do not bother me too much, but having to tell someone like let's say one person somewhat personal stuff about myself...well I'm terrible at that.

Even having to go to the pharmacy, when the pharmacist asks if you have questions or explains your prescription at the counter...I really hate that as then the people waiting to pay hear pretty much everything....

I haaaaate the phone too. I had a co-worker who retired last year and he always used to tease me that the younger generation was never going to get anything done because no one would pick up a phone! We all would just email each other and wait to hear back.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by mirandamanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so glad to see other people have phone issues...talking on the phone, even to family/close friends, makes me so panicky, my heart races, and it throws me off all day. When I try to explain that to people, they don't get it at all...

They sold out the same day I think. There was a coupon "beautybox" if you ordered 3 you got $3 off. So I got $3 for $13. I think I'll just gift one of them, or maybe trade. Were you able to get one?

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so glad to see other people have phone issues...talking on the phone, even to family/close friends, makes me so panicky, my heart races, and it throws me off all day. When I try to explain that to people, they don't get it at all...
Exactly! People say that I speak well, enunciate, and have a calm appearance. But on the inside I'm going crazy, heart racing, feel like I am losing/stumbling on words, shaking, fiddle with hands or objects, and sweating buckets even if it's freezing.

On topic - I decided to pass on this deal as the only item I would have gotten use out of would have been the mascara.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haaaaate the phone too. I had a co-worker who retired last year and he always used to tease me that the younger generation was never going to get anything done because no one would pick up a phone! We all would just email each other and wait to hear back.
My hubby teases me about it too, it just feels better texting and sending emails.

I got an email today stating they were not going to be able to send me the box in the time frame they had given 3/10-3/14 and it would be sent 3/17-3/24.

Oh no!  My time frame was 3/17 to 3/22 and I think I purchased it the next to last day before it sold out...so I'm anticipating getting an email like that too. 

As for the phone thing...I'm 24 and I HATE texting. I know I'm in the minority but I'd so much rather have a 30 second phone call than a dragged out text conversation. 

Back