Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Although i'm sure if I dont opt in for it, it will be totally awesome and i'll be sad.

THIS RIGHT HERE! If I don't sign upf or it, itll be awesome, but if I do it won't be... that's the way my luck is, lol.

I'm 25 but I don't know if it'd be better to do TV or BB box. I'm not into all the face ccreams and stuff I seem to get into BB. I have pretty good skin, and even look more like I'm more in my teens than my mid 20s (or so people say/confuse me for being a minor & ask where my parent is when for thigs that require 18+). 

So I'm all conflicted on if I want to try for he TV box.

Omg are we the same person??? I think so!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this was my thought too, but I am so obsessed with glitter and pink and things that are generally considered for "teens" even though I'm 24, I don't want to miss out...but thats also why i want BOTH of the boxes. 

Originally Posted by shinylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THIS RIGHT HERE! If I don't sign upf or it, itll be awesome, but if I do it won't be... that's the way my luck is, lol.

I'm 25 but I don't know if it'd be better to do TV or BB box. I'm not into all the face ccreams and stuff I seem to get into BB. I have pretty good skin, and even look more like I'm more in my teens than my mid 20s (or so people say/confuse me for being a minor & ask where my parent is when for thigs that require 18+). 

please don't sign up, lol. :p

please don't sign up, lol. :p
at first i was like "why not?!" than realized because you meant so then with my luck it'd be a good one for everyone else LOL.

I bet it will be an awesome box b/c they are giving it to new subscribers..so wouldn't they want to give them something that will keep them subscribed?

I don't know what to do!!!!! I want them both, but I don't want to sign up for both(IDK why....did many of you do that? Maybe I'll call Birchbox tomorrow and see if it's possible to get both on one account...I really want both, I'll pay $20 :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What do I do?!

Please let me know what they say if you call them!

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what to do!!!!! I want them both, but I don't want to sign up for both(IDK why....did many of you do that? Maybe I'll call Birchbox tomorrow and see if it's possible to get both on one account...I really want both, I'll pay $20 :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What do I do?!

I'm exactly the same way!! I'm 24 and people think i'm 18.  Two people asked me if was 13 this last summer too...that was a little ridiculous. I decided to get the TV box since i'm not really into a lot of anti-aging stuff quite yet, and I still do have some occasional problems with acne (living in Texas I sweat a lot haha). So I figure it'll be stuff for acne, makeup, or a mixture.  I'm okay with any of these options!

Originally Posted by shinylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I emailed them to see if we could just request a second box and pay an extra $10, and this is the reply I got:

Unfortunately, you will have to choose between the March box and the Teen Vogue box.  You are unable to purchase both.  You could sign up for a second monthly membership, by creating a second account and select to receive the Teen Vogue box on that membership (and receive the March one on your other membership). 
Thanks!

xo,
Jillian

Guess I'm going to make a second membership and cancel then, lol. OH WELL TWO EXCITING BOXES. :p 

I'll be tempted to keep both though lol.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I emailed them to see if we could just request a second box and pay an extra $10, and this is the reply I got:

Unfortunately, you will have to choose between the March box and the Teen Vogue box.  You are unable to purchase both.  You could sign up for a second monthly membership, by creating a second account and select to receive the Teen Vogue box on that membership (and receive the March one on your other membership). 
Thanks!

xo,
Jillian

Yeah I just got off the phone with them. They said the same thing to me. You can't get two boxes on one subscription. You'd have to open a 2nd subscription and then cancel it after the teen vouge one came. I can't decide if I should do that. Is it worth it?

She kept saying it wasn't recommended and could cause a lot of difficulties :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What do you guys think should I subscribe for a 2nd account?

Yeah I just got off the phone with them. They said the same thing to me. You can't get two boxes on one subscription. You'd have to open a 2nd subscription and then cancel it after the teen vouge one came. I can't decide if I should do that. Is it worth it?

She kept saying it wasn't recommended and could cause a lot of difficulties :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subscribed for a second account, and just sent it to my work address and put it on a different credit card. Hopefully this will help with their ~difficulties.

I created a second account.  I am sure they say it is not recommended as you know someone will forget to cancel their account and then complain when they are charged in April.  I will probably just cancel the second subscription on they day I get the box.

I created a second account.  I am sure they say it is not recommended as you know someone will forget to cancel their account and then complain when they are charged in April.  I will probably just cancel the second subscription on they day I get the box.

That's what I did, I signed up with a different email address and am getting it shipped to my home address, whereas for my original subscription, it goes to my work address. So I will get a shipment conf to each email so that I know what box is coming and when to expect it. No 'difficulties' here!

I subscribed for a second account, and just sent it to my work address and put it on a different credit card. Hopefully this will help with their ~difficulties.

Yup I used a different email too. I won't be confused, hopefully they can handle it too :p 

And if I "forget" to cancel, it will probably be a purposeful forget, lol.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I did, I signed up with a different email address and am getting it shipped to my home address, whereas for my original subscription, it goes to my work address. So I will get a shipment conf to each email so that I know what box is coming and when to expect it. No 'difficulties' here!

I used a different email address. I've placed a sticky note on the desktop of my reminding me to cancel the second subscription after I get my box. But who knows...I might actually "forget" too! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup I used a different email too. I won't be confused, hopefully they can handle it too :p 

And if I "forget" to cancel, it will probably be a purposeful forget, lol.

I can't imagine what the difficulties could be, I have 4 different subs with different emails and have never had a problem, and they all ship to my home address.  I just signed up for the 4th yesterday though to get the teen vogue then will cancel.

Is it supposed to say it's a Teen Vogue BB under the product name? I made a second account using the Teen Vogue link because I want my reg BB and a Teen Vogue one, but my new account says the same thing as my main account. Just wondering...

Back