Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had to email Paulina (she's FANTASTIC) about my youngest daughter's account since for some weird reason after her account was created it added her sister's phone number as a fax and there was no way for me or her to change it. It took Paulina to fix it. She also said to me in regards to the Teen Vogue box....

Also, I just want you to know that we will be sending out a separate "opt-in/opt-out" email for the Teen Vogue March Birchbox. Expect to receive this email on all of your account and select "opt-in" if you're interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This should be coming out to you next week.

Okay, so I'll opt out on my main account and in on the other. Thank you, Zadi! 
smile.gif

So basically, subscribers have to wait until the week of 2/20 in order to sign up for the March Teen Vogue Birchbox

Looks like Im going to have to sign up for a second account. Im the same way as all of you, I just cannot miss out.

Im kind of excited that it is geared towards a younger age range, I have way too many samples that are anti-aging or fine line products that I dont know what to do with. 

oh btw, hi! I finally decided to join instead of lurking around the boards :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Apparently the editor in chief of teen vogue is the one designing this box. 

Like I said before, I have high hopes for some makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like Im going to have to sign up for a second account. Im the same way as all of you, I just cannot miss out.

Im kind of excited that it is geared towards a younger age range, I have way too many samples that are anti-aging or fine line products that I dont know what to do with. 

oh btw, hi! I finally decided to join instead of lurking around the boards :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I dont actually need to use the teen vogue link I got? Would it be awful to use my own referral link? I feel like that is cheating. But it is so tempting. hah

I tried signing up for a second account and it put me on a waiting list. How did you guys get to check out for the teen vogue box without being put on the list?

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First, welcome. Second, I say this all the time but you are never too young for antiaging. I'm only 24 and I use antiaging stuff all the time lol. PREVENTATIVE MEASURES. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I agree with Playedinloops, never too early to start. Last thing you want is to realize at the age of 37 your eyelids look like they belong to someone in their 60s! I wish I was more proactive in my 20s now that I'm in my 30s.

haha, very true! Im slowly working my way up. Only this year did I start using a daily moisturizer... Yes, Im that behind. At least my foundation has SPF! 

What specific products do you really wish you had used at my age? 

And thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm only 24 but i've been told since a young age that I should start early with anti-aging products.  My mom is big on Vitamin E moisturizers (she uses Jason's pure vitamin E cream as a face and hand moisturizer). However since that is too thick and oily for me I try out lots of different face creams.  So for anti-aging I generally use face creams, eye creams, and I use Vitamin E/Cocoa Butter based body lotions because of my stretch marks and uneven skin tone.

Other than that i'm not too familiar with other anti-aging products, but you can start here if that helps!

Im 27 and I dont do much for anti aging right now. I use a light moisturizer during the day and face cream at night. And an eye cream. I have tried serums before but havent found one I liked. My foundations have SPF. Thats about it. I care more about having a clear, healthy complexion since I dont notice any wrinkles yet. But I still try to use products with anti aging qualities as well, hopefully it will pay off in the future. 

I am also 27 and have been using anti aging products for a few years now. I love them, but I feel like I get a lot of them from BB so it'll be nice to hopefully get something different!

Guys, I gave in. I made a second account and I'm gonna get both boxes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.S. I wanted to use my referral code to get the 50 Birchbox points for myself, but then I realized I couldn't because they sent me a specific link to apply w/o being on the wait list(for the teen vogue box) so I couldn't use my referral code and get the 2nd account /: Boo, I wanted the 50 points :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guys, I gave in. I made a second account and I'm gonna get both boxes :p

P.S. I wanted to use my referral code to get the 50 Birchbox points for myself, but then I realized I couldn't because they sent me a specific link to apply w/o being on the wait list(for the teen vogue box) so I couldn't use my referral code and get the 2nd account /: Boo, I wanted the 50 points :p
I signed up for another account too. I might actually keep it though if I get a chance of getting 2 different boxes a month rather than the same box.

Just a thought and totally unconfirmed... What if it's cheaper items? It's not like teens can afford expensive makeup. I also see anti-acne stuff in there. But watch me not subscribe and it be the best box ever... Decisions decisions

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a thought and totally unconfirmed... What if it's cheaper items? It's not like teens can afford expensive makeup. I also see anti-acne stuff in there. But watch me not subscribe and it be the best box ever... Decisions decisions
Teens often have the expendable income for things like expensive make-up.  They don't have pesky mortgages holding them back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I don't think I tried drug store products at all until after college.

I'd actually be okay with cheaper items, sometimes I wish I could try out more generic brands since those are the products I can actually afford!  But if the total value is under 10 then i'll be mad haha

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd actually be okay with cheaper items, sometimes I wish I could try out more generic brands since those are the products I can actually afford!  But if the total value is under 10 then i'll be mad haha

That's exactly how I feel! The only products I have bought from any boxes were priced under $20. 

Jwls, hah I tried to do the same thing and then realized I need to use the Teen Vogue link or it would put me on the waitlist.

Im excited, two boxes next month! But there is nooo way I am keeping both open. The minute my box ships, time to cancel account #2.

Okay they sent me a link in my email to get another bb subscription to get the teen vogue and i want both..can i do this with the same account?

Back