Thais' EUREKA Tutorial! Mineral makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this tut is awesome Thais, and you're so funny! I've never tried minerals before, I ordered some samples from Lumiere and EDM... I've been looking around how to apply it and I'm going to be trying your Eureka! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your skin looks so nice!

I don't know whether it's the wrong color, or maybe it's the way I'm applying it, but EDM mineral looks a little gray on me. And it doesn't cover up my red cheeks, but maybe it's because I don't use much.

I'll definitely try this tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to post the tutorial!

What an amazing tutorial! I started applying it wet and i find it helps rid of the initial dry/powdery look. I have a question though, does applying it wet this way have the same setting effect as misting the face with water. And this is a stupid question, but just making sure, misting is usually done after all the makeup is done, right?

Originally Posted by avenged /img/forum/go_quote.gif What an amazing tutorial! I started applying it wet and i find it helps rid of the initial dry/powdery look. I have a question though, does applying it wet this way have the same setting effect as misting the face with water. And this is a stupid question, but just making sure, misting is usually done after all the makeup is done, right? Hmmm I am not sure because I don't usually mist my face with water. Applying dry minerals gives a different finish though.

thais, where do you get your avene thermal water, and how much do you pay for it? i think im gonna buy it off ebay but i have no idea how much the retail cost is and i dont want to get ripped off. also do you know how much the evian kind is? is it cheaper?

Originally Posted by hellomindy /img/forum/go_quote.gif thais, where do you get your avene thermal water, and how much do you pay for it? i think im gonna buy it off ebay but i have no idea how much the retail cost is and i dont want to get ripped off. also do you know how much the evian kind is? is it cheaper? I got it in canada, can't remember how much I paid...I know that sephora.com sells Evian products though, i think they have something similar.

Originally Posted by hellomindy /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks, is there a difference between the evian and avene? do you know? Hmmm I doubt it.
smile.gif

good because i hate looking at 2 similiar products and liking one more just becuase of the description even if its the same thing, because the evian is easier to get but the avene appeals to me more and lists more benefits. ha. i gotta get over my crazyness.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can even use tap water.
smile.gif
yea but this comes in a pretty bottle and talks about how its water is so fresh and good for your skin even if its really not any better..LOL
do you prefer fix + or avene?

Originally Posted by hellomindy /img/forum/go_quote.gif yea but this comes in a pretty bottle and talks about how its water is so fresh and good for your skin even if its really not any better..LOL
do you prefer fix + or avene?

Honestly, it doesn't make a difference.
smile.gif
Even if you use tap water, you will get the same effect, all you need is to wet your powder. I used the thermal water because it came in a spritz bottle.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, it doesn't make a difference.
smile.gif
Even if you use tap water, you will get the same effect, all you need is to wet your powder. I used the thermal water because it came in a spritz bottle.
biggrin.gif
yeah, but fix+ has "vitamins and minerals" in it so i didnt know if it did better for your skin or made it feel better or something. maybe thats just a gimic.
aromaleigh has a finish setting spray as well! just noticed it..it sounds a lot like fix+ i think ill try that one.

Applause!!! That's a awesome tutorial, Thais. I can't wait to get my mineral makeup in the mail and start applying! Thank you Thank you Thank you for taking the time to show us (espeically newbies like me) what to do with this lovely stuff called makeup!

Ok, I can't see alot of the tutorials because I haven't posted enough, so I'm going to start today. I've never had much luck with minerals, but I'm going to try mine wet!

Latest posts

Back