The 2007 VMAs!! After Shock Thread!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did Beyonce gain hella weight all of a sudden? Like, seriously...
I know she ain't fat. But dayum.

I think the only performance I liked was from Alicia Keys & The ending (won't spoil who it is incase no one watched it).

Aww Thanks Celly <3 I'm looking for footage everywhere as we speak!

almost everyone everywhere says britney sucked but i disagree. she looked good and the song is good. some people on other sites said shes out of shape body wise but she looks great to me even though i was never a fan of hers. all of the sudden i like her because i think people are too cruel. if i was wearing the heels she was wearing i wouldnt walk let alone dance. and i dont blame her for the not so good dancing because the moves were boring, unless she choreographed the dance then it isnt her fault. and she looks very sexy.

i bet everyone expected her to do bad so she was a bit uneasy.

Originally Posted by DizzyCow /img/forum/go_quote.gif almost everyone everywhere says britney sucked but i disagree. she looked good and the song is good. some people on other sites said shes out of shape body wise but she looks great to me even though i was never a fan of hers. all of the sudden i like her because i think people are too cruel. if i was wearing the heels she was wearing i wouldnt walk let alone dance. and i dont blame her for the not so good dancing because the moves were boring, unless she choreographed the dance then it isnt her fault. and she looks very sexy.i bet everyone expected her to do bad so she was a bit uneasy.

Brit was doing everything fine in heels beforehand. Problem is she looked a little s-t-i-f-f. Sorta reminded me of a Saturday Night Live routine--look at me I'm doing the robot. LOL! She just looked as if she wanted it to be over. Im not buying the Sarah Silverman line. Excuses are like @ssholes, everyone has one.

I'll be nice and say that I liked Britney's eye makeup. lol.
smile.gif

Theres a pic online that shows that Britneys boot heels were kinda bent. Im not sure if the pic is real or photoshopped. Its hard to tell these days.

umm, that chick has to smoke crack or something.... She was completely out of it and I have tried very very hard to sympathize with her, but whatever she is smoking, that is some good shit!!!

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif umm, that chick has to smoke crack or something.... She was completely out of it and I have tried very very hard to sympathize with her, but whatever she is smoking, that is some good shit!!!
puff, puff.....uhhh i'll pass
stupido.gif

My thoughts- Britney Spears used to be a performer- she got on stage and did her thing and she was awesome at it, she could get a crowd going. Her dance moves were awesome, she totally rocked her outfits, she just put on a great show. Last night was a disaster. Her dancing downright sucked, I hate dancing and I could have done those steps with more enthusiasm, her eyes looked vacant, reminded me of my friend who went through a mental breakdown (psychosis), and her outfit was in poor taste. 5 years ago she could have rocked that outfit (is it safe to even call it that??) but not now. The whole time she kept touching her hair and even worse kept doing the whole Anna Nicole Smith "Do-You-Like-My-Body?" move... yikes! It was not sexy in the least, it looked like those drunk girls you see at parties trying to dance and be "sexy" and it's just not.

Britney has been performing for years, I don't even want to read excuses like- "She knew what Sarah Silverman was going to say about her kids, etc." BS. Britney had it all and now she lost it, she just does NOT have it anymore.

This is the entertainment industry and there are high expectations, to me, if you can't meet those, you're out. I don't think she should get more chances, I think she just needs to get some sort of help for whatever her problems are.

LOL, LOVE the pic of 50 cent, his expression was priceless! I only watched an hour of the show before I fell asleep. I loved Rihanna's dress, very pretty on her and I loved Chris Brown's performance. I've never listened to him or saw him before but THAT was what I consider an excellent performance. I'll have to watch the rest of the show sometime this week.

I think even if her boots sucked she would have kept going but she didnt really want to. People will still book her for things because people will watch just to see her mess up again. Chris Brown is a great dancer.

dayum!! I missed it. Hopefully it'll come on again sometime late tonight so I can catch it, I wanna see britney perform so bad.

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif dayum!! I missed it. Hopefully it'll come on again sometime late tonight so I can catch it, I wanna see britney perform so bad. mtv.com has the whole show on it for anyone that missed it

ok enough of about britney what the hell was up with PARIS HILTONS hair?!!! dude it looked hideous, like a 70 year old woman with a beehive!! ugh!!! and sarah silverman is retarded personally i dont know who told her she was funny, even minus the britney jokes she's a moron and her show is lame.

Originally Posted by adrianavanessa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yea, I know, but there might be people who won't see it until it airs again today, or this weekend. Why did you delete your post?
s.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was thinking the same thing. ok BUT, everything that happened has been ALL over television, are you also switching the channels as soon as they start talking about the VMA's?

Well while y'all duke it out over the spoiler button....

NEWS! Britney is offered a second chance at a comeback after failed performance at VMA's!

Quote:
The folks over at Extra want Britney Spears to give performing her new single “Gimme More†another try. The show says they will open their studio stage up to her so that can she can try to prove to everyone she is ready for her comeback. From OK! Magazine.

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok enough of about britney what the hell was up with PARIS HILTONS hair?!!! dude it looked hideous, like a 70 year old woman with a beehive!! ugh!!! and sarah silverman is retarded personally i dont know who told her she was funny, even minus the britney jokes she's a moron and her show is lame. Lol, yeah her hair was pretty WTF?! I didn't like Sarah Silverman either, she wasn't funny to me at all, everything she said was lame and sounded like she was trying too hard. Kind of like Britney I guess lol.

Back