The 2007 VMAs!! After Shock Thread!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, i did respect the people who hadnt seen it yet, by not posting BEFORE the show aired (in there state etc.) , and like i said before its a WHOLE day later so i'm in my right to comment on it without the spoiler now, if you didnt see it or havnt seen it STILL, STOP going into this thread.

I think it's safe to stop using the spoiler button. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the spoiler button was supposed to be used until our peeps on the West coast could watch, which was only 3 hours after the east coasters did!

Thanks to everyone who didn't make a huge fuss over clicking one little button! I really appreciate it
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's safe to stop using the spoiler button. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the spoiler button was supposed to be used until our peeps on the West coast could watch, which was only 3 hours after the east coasters did!
Thanks to everyone who didn't make a huge fuss over clicking one little button! I really appreciate it
tongue.gif

Thanks Kee! That's all I wanted to know.
smile.gif

As if Brittany wasn't bad enough, Sarah Silverman was horrid. What a vicious creature. I don't care for Brittany, but the comments on the children were uncalled for. There was no laughter at that "joke". I turned off the TV at that point. Brittany's people will come up with all kinds of excuses. If she was so upset about Sarah Silverman, she should have totally rocked the place instead of standing there with a vacant expression. She was partying the days leading up to this instead of working out. She apparently didn't take this gig seriously. I hoped MTV learned a lesson from this fiasco.

Kanye West: MTV Exploited Britney & Me

By Brian Orloff

Kanye West, never known for holding his tongue, is railing against MTV after leaving empty-handed from Sunday's Video Music Awards, charging that the network misled him – and also exploited Britney Spears.

"They exploited Britney in helping to end her career," West told deejay JJ at New York radio station Z100 on Monday. "When Britney was opening [the VMA telecast], near the end, I felt so bad for her. I said, 'Man, it's a dirty game. This game will chew you up and spit you out.'" (Listen to the interview here.)

The rapper doesn't just take umbrage with the handling of Spears, whose performance has been maligned by critics and fans alike.

West tells Z100 he felt misled and "betrayed" by the network, and has promised to never work with MTV again. The rapper says he's already cancelled planned appearances on TRL to promote his new album Graduation. Specifically, West takes issue with the way performances were set up – that he should have performed on the main stage and not from a private suite where many artists performed for small groups of fans throughout the telecast.

"I wasn't mad that I just didn't win any awards," West says. "For me, [MTV] made it seem like performing on the main stage was a bad thing, and the suites were just so great. It was my dream when I made 'Stronger' to open up the VMAs with a real power performance.

"And I just feel like I got betrayed by them," the rapper continues. "I feel like they tried to make it seem like I was so into everything that was going on in the show."

Another sticking point: Pamela Anderson's racy introduction on the telecast. (Anderson appeared in a music video for West's single "Touch the Sky.") Before West performed "Good Life" from his suite, the former Baywatch star told viewers, "One of the best times I've ever had was making out with the next performer in the middle of the desert. I think I had my tongue so far down his throat I could taste his fiancée – and I might need a repeat performance later tonight."

"I'm engaged, and I feel like it's disrespectful to my relationship," West says of Anderson's remarks, which he claims the network assured him would not happen.

When JJ pointed out that West was being pretty blunt by speaking out against MTV, the rapper responded in a characteristically unapologetic fashion: "I have a connection in the fans' heart that the press can't stop."

There was no immediate response from MTV. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to take into consideration that it's difficult if not impossible to interpret "tone" when in print, however, your use of caps is causing me to think your tone is a bit abrasive and unnecessary, as I wasn't even talking to you. I'm a bit confused about your comments. I never stated that you didn't respect anyone on the west coast, nor do I recall anyone else stating this. It was merely stated as a loose comment that some people may not have seen it yet and I understood the person's post. If you don't want to use the spoiler that's your business no one is trying to force you to...that I've seen. So needless to say, it's a non-issue.
If I misunderstood your tone, forgive me...otherwise my comments stand.

Not a problem Kee.

def wasn't yelling, if i was, ALL my words would have been capital, the capitals on some words are to emphasize that word in particular, and if you weren't talking to me why did you quote my post when you posted? the fact that people are getting upset because comments were made before the show aired is funny personally because like i said before, why go into a thread called "the 2007 vma's aftershock thread" regardless if it says to use spoiler. i respect their wishes but i'll say it again, i didnt do anything wrong i posted a comment about paris hilton, a day later.

Really... it's only one click, one button. Jeez, not brain surgery.

DAMN! [Caps do reflect my annoyed tone. Hahahaha.]

Gah. I'm PMS mood right now... any waaaaay.....

This should just be a Britney thread because everything else is being overlooked.

Kee, you checked out Alicia Keys? I guess she was the only highlight of the show.

I'm not a huge fan of Chris Brown but what he did has been there, done that. Snooze.

Anyone noticed that awards were barely given out? I remember about 4 awards given out. I hate award shows, they all suck now - all edited and shit. Thanks Janet Jackson's boob. Your tities ruined live television broadcasting.

Oh, and Sarah Silverman needs to go away. Her jokes are always lame. I like blunt humor but she is just mental if she thought the words coming out of her mouth was going to get a laugh out of me. Memo to Sarah: STFU.

I laughed when someone in the crowd yelled out, "you're ugly" to her.

Over and out.

Nope, I didn't see any of it Celly
frown.gif
I don't have cable . . . I was hoping to see some footage online but everything gets removed too quickly
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I dont care if people went about what people where dressing - I wouldnt mind reading a thread about that before the show aired over here.
But I wanted the Britney thing to be kept hush-hush until I saw it.

It's one single button, you guys make it sound like it's the end of the world if you clicked on it and used it.

And I'm sure people don't catch the show until it re-airs again.

You were a MOD before, you would understand... wouldnt you?

ANY freaking WAY...

It was painful to watch Britney performed. She half-assed that performance. The hair, the contacts. Omg, I felt sorta bad for her. And Lmao at whoever posted that 50 cent picture. I laughed when I saw his face
I do understand. What I don't understand is why couldn't you not look at the thread until after the performance. It was in the first 5 minutes. Nothing that was posted here was that important that it couldn't wait. Now all you had was a thread with a bunch of

spoiler buttons
Seriously, it was a performance and a shitty one. You make it sound like it was the end of the world if you read whether it was a good or bad performance.

I saw the show and did not enjoy it at all. I don't know... I miss the old school MTV when it was about the music and not about crappy shows.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nope, I didn't see any of it Celly
frown.gif
I don't have cable . . . I was hoping to see some footage online but everything gets removed too quickly
frown.gif
MTV has the show online if you want to watch it.

Omg! I stopped watching after brit brit performed. All I can say is..LMAO!..Oh wow. She didnt even dance..nothing. her back ground dancers outdid her. Shameful

Everyone is overlooking the whole show and talking about Britney because it was the only entertaining in the whole show. I didnt even watch it i just saw the clip on the internet.

Paris did look like an old lady. lol

Thread title should be changed too "Britney Effing Sucks/Spoiler Drama Thread".

[Joke for those who get it .... KEE]

Yeah, Paris' hair was not nice.

I havent watched,I miss the old school mtv as well. I love vidoes! They never play them anymore!

Move. on. I didnt really get the performance in the suites either. They tried too hard to be different and it didnt work.

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I havent watched,I miss the old school mtv as well. I love vidoes! They never play them anymore! I wonder if they will listen to Justin Timberlake and play more music. Sometimes i watch MTVhits but even that only plays whatever music is popular at the time and not a mix of new and old.

Oh wow...major drama. Seriously dudes...Seriously. Grow up. So someone didnt use spoilers..so someone used spoilers..who cares. Its. just.a.thread....like...yeah....a thread...no one died from seeing something they shouldnt have or seeing stuff they wanted to..or whatever. it was a stupid situation. y'all need to stop your childish bickering.

::eats tea and biscuits::

That was amusing. Anyways.

I don't watch MTV, but I did watch a bit of Britney's performance online.

I agree with Paris' hair making her much older looking, in an awful way.

I know you guys are bored of this becoming a Britney thread, but I just saw this on digg and thought it was funny how Family Guy kinda predicted her performance:

I didn't think her performance was a disaster, but it did seem like she did not care.

Back