The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well said :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have anything profound to add, just wanted to offer my support for the Look Bag!!

I know I am older than probably everyone else here, having celebrated the big 5-0, but I know and appreciate attention to details, whether the item or items are trendy or established luxe travel sized products.

Here's what I like about LookBag:

I love the pink organza drawstring bags. I can put their products in one of my ": sample drawers" ( if it's a large to huge box like Test Tube or some I've gotten from SkinFX, I have to fill the drawers with the individual products). This current Look Bag is filled to the top and beyond with what I consider to be very high quality products. One of the things I was really sad about not getting the April promo GlossyBox USA was the Erno Lazlo skin care.. WOW, it showed up in my Look Bag yesterday!!! Same exact products, I was so thrilled. Still am.

Next, I love the 4 small glosses in the brand box. Perfect for a makeup bag. These are colors I wear, unlike the garish red lipstick I received from MyGlam today.

People have said the L'Oreal eye shadow, which I think everyone received in the Sweet Chemise sparkly ivory shade is a promo product. How is that different from a manufacturer's sample? It doesn't mean it was a promo from CVS 2 years ago, and the shadow I received is sealed from L'Oreal. I haven't tried Kelly Teegarden's Tightening Serum, but it looks a little watery in the jar.. maybe because these types of products usually are in pump bottles or bottles with droppers.  Lastly, I really love the polish colors and sizes. Not too much to get bored with, but enough to use for the summer. My colors are great, and would work together well for people who do nail art with their polishes.

I will be dropping 2, possibly 3 subs the last of the month, and have added some higher priced organic ones ( Foodzie, 2 Craveboxes, and Eco- Emi).

However, I definitely think LookBag is unique, has high quality products for my preferences and lifestyle, and hope to be a subscriber for as long as there are LookBags. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope it goes without saying that I respect those who have a different opinion.
I ALSO have really liked my Birchboxes, so there is no conflict in comparison. They are slightly different, mostly from a marketing/ presentation standpoint than from a quality or quantity standpoint for my personal products received.,

Lilly 

That was me, Sarah. Not Look Bag Customer service, Sarah. It's like I said above "They are replacing bags right away due to the leaky serum and, I was told, including an extra for the trouble. They also say they are working to improve the packing of products. That's all I can ask from a company :)" 
I think there may be two different Sarahs...are you the one who said I could go to a department store to get future samples if I wasn't happy with shipment? That was what I was commenting on. The comment you made about replacements, I did not see until several hours later.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think there may be two different Sarahs...are you the one who said I could go to a department store to get future samples if I wasn't happy with shipment? That was what I was commenting on. The comment you made about replacements, I did not see until several hours later.
What I said in response to your posts was:

"If you happen to be unlucky enough to receive damaged products twice in a row, that can be upsetting, but it does happen. However, all the company can do is send you a replacement package in a timely manner and try their best to resolve the issues; and that is what The Look Bag's customer service is doing...they are even offering an 'extra' for your trouble, which is a LOT more than some other companies would do. If you're still not happy after that, maybe you should try the mall makeup counters for samples that don't have to be shipped :)"

I would ask around to your neighbors and see if anyone else has had issues with damaged packages. It seems like some mail man/woman/person might be a tad unhappy with their job. The Look Bag is clearly willing to work with us and provide replacements, I don't see the need to be so harsh. That's all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I said in response to your posts was:

"If you happen to be unlucky enough to receive damaged products twice in a row, that can be upsetting, but it does happen. However, all the company can do is send you a replacement package in a timely manner and try their best to resolve the issues; and that is what The Look Bag's customer service is doing...they are even offering an 'extra' for your trouble, which is a LOT more than some other companies would do. If you're still not happy after that, maybe you should try the mall makeup counters for samples that don't have to be shipped :)"

I would ask around to your neighbors and see if anyone else has had issues with damaged packages. It seems like some mail man/woman/person might be a tad unhappy with their job. The Look Bag is clearly willing to work with us and provide replacements, I don't see the need to be so harsh. That's all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I apologize for mistaking you, and no offense intended!

Just to let everyone know, LookBag told me that all customers (including cancelled ones) received a shipping confirmation email for a bag.  Whether or not you're actually getting one is kind of tricky...if you're getting one FOR SURE, you should have received a tracking number to track the bag,  I cancelled my account last month before the billing date, but I received one of those confirmation emails which led me to believe I would receive a complimentary bag (as so many others on this forum have received).  Well, no such luck =/ after I asked them why I didn't receive a tracking number to track my bag, they asked me if I wanted my account reinstated and then I could receive May's look bag.  I think it's kind of unfair how some members have received 2 or more free bags from them while some of us have received none.  I really wanted May's bag so I let them charge me but I'm going to ask them why I wasn't chosen to receive a complimentary bag as I bet this bag would probably have caused me to rejoin, but I just realized what they told me was kind of shady, so I might just cancel again....don't you think someone who just canceled they would want to send out a complimentary bag to especially when it was a well-received bag?  I don't know if I have right to be angry for not getting a complimentary one, but I kind of am because of the number of people who have said they got a free (or multiple free) bags!!

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just to let everyone know, LookBag told me that all customers (including cancelled ones) received a shipping confirmation email for a bag.  Whether or not you're actually getting one is kind of tricky...if you're getting one FOR SURE, you should have received a tracking number to track the bag,  I cancelled my account last month before the billing date, but I received one of those confirmation emails which led me to believe I would receive a complimentary bag (as so many others on this forum have received).  Well, no such luck =/ after I asked them why I didn't receive a tracking number to track my bag, they asked me if I wanted my account reinstated and then I could receive May's look bag.  I think it's kind of unfair how some members have received 2 or more free bags from them while some of us have received none.  I really wanted May's bag so I let them charge me but I'm going to ask them why I wasn't chosen to receive a complimentary bag as I bet this bag would probably have caused me to rejoin, but I just realized what they told me was kind of shady, so I might just cancel again....don't you think someone who just canceled they would want to send out a complimentary bag to especially when it was a well-received bag?  I don't know if I have right to be angry for not getting a complimentary one, but I kind of am because of the number of people who have said they got a free (or multiple free) bags!!
I also got the e-mail but no tracking number. I don't mind because i've already gotten 2 free bags. But I agree with you, that is kind of shady to be picking and choosing people like that and telling people different things..

I'm pretty sure these "complimentary" bags are an accident and the look bag is trying to cover by saying they send them on purpose, so don't feel too bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

From what I can tell, and zadi has mentioned this too, they have the same system as myglam, and myglam has sent out bags to cancelled subscribers accidentally before too.

Ladies, the look bag is hosting a nail art contest for designs using The New Black polishes they sent in the May bags. You can see their FB wall for details, and if you don't enter, can you stop by and vote for me? 'Sarah Tyler', Thanks!!

I just got my look bag replacement, I received a leaky serum in the first bag but it only damaged the package of the hollywood collection, no biggie. I did email and ask for a replacement serum because half was gone, I didnt need a new bag. They quickly apologized for the inconvenience and today I received a replacement bag, with EVERYTHING again, (I gave the lip gloss to my daughter since I already had a set- she loved them) they also gave me 4 new nail colors, a some other goodies. As far as I am concerned, they went above and beyond and I will continue to purchase the bags. This is the response you should receive and they are great at CS, that makes a business successful. Kudos to the Look Bag Staff!

I agree, the Look Bag has awesome customer service... though I am STILL waiting on my May bag to arrive, in communications with Timothy, there was a delay in shipping some bags (mine included), sohe has added some additional full-size products to make up for the delay.  I so hope my bag is here on Monday!

Got my May Lookbag in the mail today -- Very impressed by what I received!!  In addition to the regular products that were featured in the bag, they also put in 2 extra full-sized products that retail at around $20 a piece!!  A full sized too faced sparkle glamor gloss in Pink Bling  and a full sized Revitalash Mascara were the extra products!!  I suppose they sent the bonuses to me because I thought I was getting a bag from the email they sent out (even though I had canceled last month) but wasn't sent one -- which is really super nice of them to do that!  I'm definitely going to stick with them for  little bit and hopefully June's bag will be of similar quality.  I really loved the first look bag with that Cailyn liner (which was full sized) so I hope they'll send out more gems like that -- oh and more good products like those lip glosses!!  That lip gloss formula is simply divine -- it smells and tastes so good and makes my lips so buttery.  My boyfriend even thought my lips looked amazing with the gloss on.  I think this company deserves to be given another shot by some people who dubbed it -- I really do think they want to make customers happy unlike Beauty Box 5 who want to continue to send foil packets to customers and delete any negative to slightly negative feedback off their FB page (I HATE THAT COMPANY WITH A PASSION!)

That's how I feel, too...they're not perfect, but I do see them TRYING. Not everything they've sent has been amazing, but they've sent some real gems, and none of the services have seen out 100 percent awesome things. 

I suppose they sent the bonuses to me because I thought I was getting a bag from the email they sent out (even though I had canceled last month) but wasn't sent one -- which is really super nice of them to do that!  I'm definitely going to stick with them for  little bit and hopefully June's bag will be of similar quality. 
So did you re-subscribe after the 'free bag gift'? I'm waiting on a replacement since my serum leaked on everything in the first one...hopefully tomorrow!

Since they hired a new CSR (Sarah Wilson) to assist Timothy, Customer Service has been much better as far as timely email responses and answering phones. This has restored a lot of lost faith among the disgruntled. They did have a 'new company slump' in March and April, but seem to be really trying to regain their image, and I can't wait to see what they have in future bags!

Yep, I'm resubscribed and crossing my fingers we'll experience quality similar to this bag in the coming months!

Oh, and did anyone see how expensive those naked princess lip glosses are  -- $26 for 1 lip gloss!!  Eeek!  I was going to pick up a few but at $26 a pop, I'd really only be able to afford 1 of them (barely) but I just love how the gloss tastes and how it makes my lips feel super hydrated and buttery!!  I guess $26 is around what a high-end lip gloss would cost anyways, but I wish there was an offer to save money by buying multiple glosses. I also wish the LookBag was able to offer a discount on them.  I would also seriously buy more of those sample glosses as they are so cute!!  Did anyone use up any of the little glosses or are they lasting a while?  It doesn't seem like there is that much formula in the samples but I've only tried 2 of them so I'm curious to see how long it takes for some people to use up 1 gloss.

After receiving a colossal replacement bag when I made my own disgruntled email a week ago, I have better trust and confidence in the company and hope it continues along its improving track.

Back