The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually LIKE The Look Bag - I know they aren't one of the more popular around here but every bag I've gotten from them has been a million times better than the couple of myGlam bags I got.
I like them too, just not enough to keep them. It was decent stuff and I used it all, just not unique or exciting for me. I mean...a vanilla scented lotion? Kind of a bore.

The products are comparable to some stuff that MyGlam sends out but costs $2 more than MyGlam. My own decision to cancel was based more on the fact that I didn't enjoy the items I received and not that the products were bad, just not for me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The products are comparable to some stuff that MyGlam sends out but costs $2 more than MyGlam. My own decision to cancel was based more on the fact that I didn't enjoy the items I received and not that the products were bad, just not for me.

The Look Bag is $10, just like myGlam and BB.

I think they're far better (than myGlam, not bb...)...I have never gotten foil packets from the Look Bag.  And, I've gotten some really great products from them (Especially the Shea Terra black soap and Cailyn liner, which I use several times a week).  The two bags I got from myGlam were the worst I've gotten from any service besides Platinum Box.  I might feel differently had I gotten the first two bags from mg, of course...

At any rate, I'm glad everyone likes different services, otherwise it'd be super boring here. lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my e-mail a couple days ago about my bag being shipped...I told them I had canceled but I guess they didn't fix it. In any case, it looks like it's getting better so I may just officially rejoin again and have them sent to my mom while i'm gone in the summer

Did you ladies who cancelled get 2 emails? Both a tracking # email and "Your box has shipped" email? 

I'm just wondering because if you didn't get both, maybe they only sent the announcement email as a glitch?

The Look Bag is only $10, not $12. And I don't LOVE them but their bags have been fairly decent and this months looks to be the best yet.

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you ladies who cancelled get 2 emails? Both a tracking # email and "Your box has shipped" email? 

I'm just wondering because if you didn't get both, maybe they only sent the announcement email as a glitch?
hmmm i only got the first e-mail. maybe you're right

I just got this month's bag and it's pretty amazing. 

The four little tube came inside the box next to it and are 4 different colors.

That's the one that's most like I would have wanted out of any of their packages so far, honestly.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Look Bag is $10, just like myGlam and BB.

I think they're far better (than myGlam, not bb...)...I have never gotten foil packets from the Look Bag.  And, I've gotten some really great products from them (Especially the Shea Terra black soap and Cailyn liner, which I use several times a week).  The two bags I got from myGlam were the worst I've gotten from any service besides Platinum Box.  I might feel differently had I gotten the first two bags from mg, of course...

At any rate, I'm glad everyone likes different services, otherwise it'd be super boring here. lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

is it $10? With so many out there I've lost track of what costs what except for the ones I'm still subscribed to. lol But I have received foil packets in my Look Bag. I had a shampoo sample in my first one then something else in my next bag. All I remember is that out of all the subscriptions I had at the time Look Bag items were considered to be a dud by me.

Me too! Yay! Great bag for me too! I have pink and blue mettalic nailpolishes. That Enzo Laszlo was in my free Glossybox and i said, whoah! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got this month's bag and it's pretty amazing. 

The four little tube came inside the box next to it and are 4 different colors.

o0Jeany0o,

Thanks so much for posting this!  I had seen some spoilers but wasn't sure if they were true, but now to get a pic from you is amazing.  Have you been a subscriber from the first?  I tried to reply and quote you but it unspoilered your spoiler box and I didn't want to be the girl who ruins it for someone accidentally!

Unveiling for me means a lot because I won't be back in the States until late June/early July to pick up all my goodies, so I really look forward to these pics.  I'm most excited about the

Erno Laszlo - I was so jealous of the GlossyBox winners, now we get to try the luxe creams too!  Love how they're named after Hollywood icons.  Also the four different tinted lip glosses, that is a huge win for me.  I put together goodie bags for teens and tweens here in Belize and those are perfect for them, not too much tint but enough to feel special.  Plus TWO nail polishes by a new to me brand, a tightening cream AND an eyeshadow?   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The Look Bag hasn't been at the top of my list for subs with all of the packets recently, but it looks like they're stepping up their game.  Good for them!  Maybe the competition will make everyone step up their game a little bit.  I'm glad I hung in there.  It's really just because I'm a sucker for subs.  The potential to get new to me things and higher value items for a value price makes me love them.  I'm developing quite a collection, though, even with the goodie bags being given away often.  Hope I don't get subbed out!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! Yay! Great bag for me too! I have pink and blue mettalic nailpolishes. That Enzo Laszlo was in my free Glossybox and i said, whoah! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Did you love the Enzo Laszlo creams?  I feel so decadent using all of these high priced creams but hey, gotta use 'em up because I have so many!  I use them on my neck and decollete as well, might as well get the benefits everywhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope they keep sending out decent enough bags to keep people interested...I like having competition around when it comes to these boxes - as someone else said, it should make them step up their game.

Plus it'd be great to have another consistently good actual beauty-focused box or bag at the $10 price point. Birchbox is the only one that has been consistent for me. myGlam sucks a big one. Sample Society is nice, but more pricey.  Green Grab Bag is wonderful but more expensive and may not interest those who aren't into "green" products. Beauty Army just doesn't impress me in the slightest and seems to be going downhill and is also a couple bucks more. I think Beautybox5 has kind of put themselves out of the running with their last box. Sindulge had potential but I don't even know where to begin with them.  And Glossybox is just too expensive for some of us. So I really want The Look Bag to succeed.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you love the Enzo Laszlo creams?  I feel so decadent using all of these high priced creams but hey, gotta use 'em up because I have so many!  I use them on my neck and decollete as well, might as well get the benefits everywhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used the eye repair cream and night cream from glossybox and im happy to receive another set because they are sooo awesome! i cant imagine myself buying the full sizes coz so expensive :/

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

o0Jeany0o,

Thanks so much for posting this!  I had seen some spoilers but wasn't sure if they were true, but now to get a pic from you is amazing.  Have you been a subscriber from the first?  I tried to reply and quote you but it unspoilered your spoiler box and I didn't want to be the girl who ruins it for someone accidentally!
I think I've subscribed to the bag since it started or at least started in their second month. I really do hope they keep up with this quality.

I had emailed Timothy at The Look Bag to ask why I was still getting bags even though I had cancelled. He replied back today, and he said that I was definitely cancelled, but they've been sending out free bags to cancelled members since they felt that they were much improved, and they were hoping to win back some cancelled subscribers.

Gotta say, this might actually work on me. Might. The bag I got today was really nice, and I can definitely see myself using the items that are in it. However...I'm still not sure. I absolutely love Birchbox and I signed up for Glossybox (which looks so luxe and amazing!), so we'll have to see how that goes. Adding this on would mean $41 a month in subs, which is pretty steep considering I'm trying to cut back. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one because I do like what I've gotten, but I can't said that I've been absolutely wowed like I have with some of the other sub services. 

Latest posts

Back