The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by PaleBeauty66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my may look bag confirmation also, saying they have shipped it. we'll see if I get two bags this month, since one was reported fraud.

Has anyone gotten a message from the look bags' twitter saying "someone has said bad things about you!" ? I got one and I was like wtf!

anyone know anything about this at all??
frown.gif
frown.gif

thanks for any help.
I don't follow them on twitter but maybe their twitter account got hacked and sent a tweet to everyone *shrugs*.

Yup. I got it too a few days ago. They were hacked. I realized it was a fake Twitter account (as in the url attached) as soon as I saw the DM.

My Look Bag came today. Here's what I received...

I didn't realize how blurry this picture was, sorry about that! 

Naked Princess - Shineluscious Lip Gloss Sampler

L'Oreal Paris - Wear Infinite Pressed Eyeshadow - 901 Sweet Chemise (Is this old? I can't find anything about it online. I don't wear eyeshadow.) 

Kelly Teegarden Organics - Goji Pomegranate Face and Body Polish 

The New Black - Spring 2012 Runway Color Barometer - I don't know the names of the colors I got

Erno Laszlo - The Hollywood Collection sample packets

These samples are kind of tiny, but I didn't pay for this bag so I am happy with it. 

Wow, I think that's a great bag and I'm glad I never cancelled, (assuming I get the same stuff). The Look Bag doesn't get much love around this thread, but I am a fan, and like this bag more than some others (looking at you MyGlam).

Wow that is a great bag! I hope I get that just for the nail polish! I got a shipping notice yesterday - I guess that means I am getting a bag I didn't pay for. If I get the same bag I am going to re-subscribe and cancel Beauty Box 5.

It is a nice bag. I hope I didn't sound unimpressed in my post, especially since I got it for free! I'm happier with these samples than I am with the ones I got in my Birchbox this month.

Originally Posted by sixela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a nice bag. I hope I didn't sound unimpressed in my post, especially since I got it for free! I'm happier with these samples than I am with the ones I got in my Birchbox this month.
Did you get the shipping email yesterday? I got a shipping email, even though my credit card information is not on file. 

So weird, I just got a shipping notice...I have been unsubscribed since March. Why don't they run a report or whatever their database does that tells them who has canceled?

No you didn't. I was just making a general comment. Glad you like your bag!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So weird, I just got a shipping notice...I have been unsubscribed since March. Why don't they run a report or whatever their database does that tells them who has canceled?
I just got a shipping notice as well. I emailed them to let them know about the issue. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got a shipping notice as well. I emailed them to let them know about the issue. 
Yeah, I emailed last month and never got a response...and apparently they didn't fix the issue. Weird.

Very weird. If I ran one of these subscription services, I'd be all over getting this issue fixed. 

Yeah, I emailed last month and never got a response...and apparently they didn't fix the issue. Weird.

Did you get the shipping email yesterday? I got a shipping email, even though my credit card information is not on file. 
Yep, I got it yesterday. I haven't been subscribed since March and I didn't get a bag in April so it's weird that I got this month's bag.

Hello all!

I'm new/old lurker..just wanted to throw my two cents in. I have been subscribing to Look Bag since March..however at the end of March I cancelled. Mostly because I had to get a new debit card and I was too lazy to change my info. I sent an email explaining this and that I just wanted to cancel. So no response back and lo and behold I get shipping confirmation and a bag for April...and again this month I got a shipping confirmation. I wanna feel bad that they're sending me free stuff but honestly I tried to rectify the issue and I kind of don't feel like going out of my way anymore. Is that wrong? They really need to get their stuff together

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello all!

I'm new/old lurker..just wanted to throw my two cents in. I have been subscribing to Look Bag since March..however at the end of March I cancelled. Mostly because I had to get a new debit card and I was too lazy to change my info. I sent an email explaining this and that I just wanted to cancel. So no response back and lo and behold I get shipping confirmation and a bag for April...and again this month I got a shipping confirmation. I wanna feel bad that they're sending me free stuff but honestly I tried to rectify the issue and I kind of don't feel like going out of my way anymore. Is that wrong? They really need to get their stuff together
This is how I look at it, I emailed them about it, making a good faith effort to let them know it's happening. There is nothing I can do to stop them from sending it. I could refuse the package, but that creates more work for the post office that they aren't paid for, when it isn't their problem this company is sending out bags to people who've unsubscribed. 

Basically, it's in their hands. If they want to keep sending us bags free of charge, then there is nothing I can do to stop them other than send an email.

This is how I look at it, I emailed them about it, making a good faith effort to let them know it's happening. There is nothing I can do to stop them from sending it. I could refuse the package, but that creates more work for the post office that they aren't paid for, when it isn't their problem this company is sending out bags to people who've unsubscribed. 

Basically, it's in their hands. If they want to keep sending us bags free of charge, then there is nothing I can do to stop them other than send an email.
True. I feel the same way..I'm not out to intentionally screw anyone however if you have repeated mishaps and I have to take more time out of my day to help you fix it...well I'm just not going to. That's on you buddy. I have actually enjoyed their bags but after my debit card got stolen and I canceled everything but BB..I strangely don't miss or lem them anymore. I may sign up for Julep since I'm getting out of the Army and can actually wear polish now..but the others (yeah you GlamBag) I honestly can live without.

I just received a shipping notice for the Look Bag, and I too, haven't been subscribed since March.  Does anybody know if they are actually sending the bags out or is it just an email glitch where everybody is getting a shipping notice?  A huge part of me would love to have a free bag, but I think I would feel super bad about keeping it. 

Yep, I got it yesterday. I haven't been subscribed since March and I didn't get a bag in April so it's weird that I got this month's bag.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received a shipping notice for the Look Bag, and I too, haven't been subscribed since March.  Does anybody know if they are actually sending the bags out or is it just an email glitch where everybody is getting a shipping notice?  A huge part of me would love to have a free bag, but I think I would feel super bad about keeping it. 
It's for a free bag. I cancelled a while ago, still get the bags and am never charged.

Hmm, interesting. I cancelled in March and never received an April bag, which is why this is odd.  However, I did go back and read and it looks like lots of people are getting shipping notices too.  Maybe it's a marketing ploy trying to woo back old customers...however why should anybody re-sign up and actually pay for a bag if they just keep sending them out for free.
icon_confused.gif

I actually LIKE The Look Bag - I know they aren't one of the more popular around here but every bag I've gotten from them has been a million times better than the couple of myGlam bags I got.

Latest posts

Back