The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my moms look bag today abs shes out of town so she told me to open it and it was a mess with broken and spilled stuff! I sent Timothy an email I got off here and he said he would get me a new bag today. I really appreciate the effort he put into to fix it. So I guess we will see. I may even resubscribe her if it turns out ok, since I cancelled as soon as I saw the mess! Not even an hour after sending the email I got a shipping notice from the lookbag saying my bag had shipped. I know people are having issues but I appreciate friendly and speedy replacement!

Unfortunately, that's where the downside in their new packaging lies. They are trying to be more green and cut out the cardboard box the bags used to come in by using the bubble envelopes instead...but it leaves the products more vulnerable. 

Luckily, Timothy is great at getting back to people about broken things!

Originally Posted by heather4602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my moms look bag today abs shes out of town so she told me to open it and it was a mess with broken and spilled stuff! I sent Timothy an email I got off here and he said he would get me a new bag today. I really appreciate the effort he put into to fix it. So I guess we will see. I may even resubscribe her if it turns out ok, since I cancelled as soon as I saw the mess!

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm assuming it has more to do with their database and its quality than the actual people running the business. Obviously this should have been checked out prior to opening, but your comments are a little over the top, and could be considered very offensive.

I have got to say that poor Timothy is probably the most overworked phone jockey in existence if he is the only one handling that unpleasant aspect of the service industry. He did send out a replacement the other day, and today I was not only refunded for that extra payment, I was double refunded and he checked at my request to let me know that my membership remains active. He also said I've been remarkably patient! I'd hate to have his job right now, having been in customer service and remembering what a vile job it truly is.

Totally...I worked CS for a few months for a business that sold factory rejected and refurbished computer parts. The guy bought pieces of crap for a dime and sold them for a lot more...the crap never worked and we had to do loads of returns every day and everybody was pissed at ME for their stuff breaking. It's not Tim's fault..it's the person pulling the strings and Tim just needs a paycheck lol

I worked for exactly TWO DAYS in customer service, doing phone support for a yearbook photography company. NEVER. AGAIN.   Nothing like getting paid minimum wage or close to it to sort out mistakes that someone else made for a bunch of angry people. No ma'am.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I worked for exactly TWO DAYS in customer service, doing phone support for a yearbook photography company. NEVER. AGAIN.   Nothing like getting paid minimum wage or close to it to sort out mistakes that someone else made for a bunch of angry people. No ma'am.
Wow, I know Timothy does a good job since he is not the one making the decision to change the package! I work as office manager (even though I have a teaching degree) and I spend so much time trying to fix mistakes or apologize to people for things other people did or didn't do! I cannot imagine working in CS! But the people at Birchbox and LookBag have been nice and do a great job!!!

My doctor ordered me to stay out of that line of work after I was hospitalized and put on a two-month sick leave. Agencies called like crazy trying to get me into call centers and I stood my ground until I found an office job. One SOB had the nerve to tell me I was foolish to turn down an offer because "someone like me" would find it hard to get a posting in any job within public view. Meaning they were shunting older, overweight, and otherwise unattractive women into the phone banks, the ba$tards.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd rather work in a warehouse than customer service...I can't stand people haha
I would totally "like" that comment if I could!

Just out of curiosity... Does everyone have theirs already? I signed up March 11 expecting this month to be my first and I have not received one yet. Also, I can't figure out how to track my shipment. Maybe I'm overly suspicious after my Gogogirlfriend experience.

Originally Posted by Carolinamidwife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just out of curiosity... Does everyone have theirs already? I signed up March 11 expecting this month to be my first and I have not received one yet.
Also, I can't figure out how to track my shipment.
Maybe I'm overly suspicious after my Gogogirlfriend experience.
They shipped middle of last week and I got mine on Monday I believe. As far as I know, the 11th is the cut off for receiving a bag for that month, I would send an email to Timothy at [email protected], and to [email protected] and ask him if you are receiving a bag this month (the last time I emailed him he responded in 2 days, just a heads up). Also, right now there is no way to track your shipment, they don't send out tracking numbers or have that info on the site. You might try logging into your Look Store account, click 'my orders' on the left side, then 'view order' on the right side, then 'shipments' that is toward the top under your order #. That page might tell you if you had a bag shipped this month or not....though it only works for seeing if the first bag shipped, it doesn't list one for each month unfortunately. Also, the CS # is Customer Service 877-663-6878, and their hours are 8:30a - 6:30p PST Monday - Friday.

Ah... Thank you, as it is now way past their estimated delivery date of the 14th I went ahead and emailed them. Sigh. I am not in the mood to deal with another problematic subscription.

I got my lookbag replacement today. I was really happy with. Timothy listened to what I told him I liked and replaced some of the samples with it. There was not a replacement for the one that busted but I still really excited. Their great customer service has made me decide to give them another chance!

Just got mine last night (been out of town for a couple of weeks):

From L-> R:

• Pur-lisse Pur Bright Ultra Skin Brightening Serum (0.34oz / 10mL)
  • Jovie Julbilee Luxury Body Lotion (2oz / 60mL) 
       Smells kinda overly floral... reminds me of some of the perfumes my grandma used to wear

• Tan Towel Self Tan Towelette, Half Body Application, for Face & Body (1 towelette, 7.1 x 9 in, 0.25 fl. oz / 7.5mL)
  • Laura Mercier Perfecting Water, Rich (0.34oz / 10mL)
        I'm looking forward to trying this!

• Virga Botanicals Perfume Sample, Water Garden (amount not listed, guesstimate 1mL)
There are a couple of things I'm excited to try, but overall not too impressed.

Originally Posted by Carolinamidwife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah... Thank you, as it is now way past their estimated delivery date of the 14th I went ahead and emailed them.
Sigh. I am not in the mood to deal with another problematic subscription.
I wouldn't anticipate it being problematic....it's possible you subbed too late on the 11th to make the deadline. Other than not being billed for the last 2 months, and receiving a bag for each month anyway, I'm not too upset with them. Free bags don't annoy me lol! They are still only a few months old and have some kinks to work out.

Oh, pardon me....wouldn't want to 'offend' anybody or anything so outrageous when people are getting buggered left, right & center. You know what offends me? Companies like this that take people's money & have absolutely NO respect for their customers. Might be their 'database'.....their ingrown hair on their left arse cheek....or all the moons in the universe not aligning properly. Yes, the database runs itself.....& comments automatically erase themselves from their Facebook wall, but magically only when they're critical of the company.....& their email makes the decision to ignore customers altogether. Let's not forget their automatic phone lines which refuse to answer themselves. This company is obviously very badly run all around & I have ZERO sympathy for these dolts. And no, I don't feel in the least bit guilty about it. Yes, there are great customer service people who get crapped on. The people ain't it.

It's $10, but when you have other subs it really starts to add up. l liked the first month but overall I'm not impressed and some of their products seem cheap to me. The issues ppl seem to be having with customer service doesn't help. This sub isn't for me and I'm glad I cancelled.

Back