The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very. It kinda reminds me of the dollar survey technique. You'll get an envelope with a dollar or two in it, asking you to take a survey. I remember my roommates and I got one last year, and we were all feeling kind of guilty about keeping the dollar, so we ended up doing their survey. Seems like the same thing--sending these bags out as a gesture of goodwill, maybe making some folks feel a little guilty about this nice gesture, leading them to sign up again. It was working on me for a little while, haha. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is an interesting marketing technique, lol.

I cancelled last month and they sent me this month's bag. It is seriously the best one yet. I am probably going to sign back up. I am so excited about the Erno Laszlo!

This company is officially on my shit list right now. I received AGAIN a damaged shipment, second month in a row. Below is the email I just sent to Timothy, if he's still there, and Sarah: Good evening, This is the second month in a row that I have received an unusable Bag because of broken or defective packaging--specifically, something which I think is called Organic Intense Tightening Serum, from what's left of the label. The container itself is empty. The stuff is all over everything and got into the eyeshadow. I can't open the nail polish. The serum GLUED it shut! Part of what I'm paying for is not only the timely receipt of product, but for its arriving safely and in a condition where it can be actually used. I was willing to chalk it up to an accident in April. To have it happen again with the next shipment is irresponsible and inexcusable. I was refunded in April, and charged again that same week. Timothy told me it would be refunded as well, but it has not as of this date. Please either refund my money, or replace my bag directly. I am not very impressed with your company right now, and you have the added task of reestablishing a customer's trust.

I got my bag today and since it was deliberately sent I've decided to keep it but I'm not signing back up with them. I just don't think it's worth my $10 if I'm not going to use the vast majority of items in it.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had emailed Timothy at The Look Bag to ask why I was still getting bags even though I had cancelled. He replied back today, and he said that I was definitely cancelled, but they've been sending out free bags to cancelled members since they felt that they were much improved, and they were hoping to win back some cancelled subscribers.

Gotta say, this might actually work on me. Might. The bag I got today was really nice, and I can definitely see myself using the items that are in it. However...I'm still not sure. I absolutely love Birchbox and I signed up for Glossybox (which looks so luxe and amazing!), so we'll have to see how that goes. Adding this on would mean $41 a month in subs, which is pretty steep considering I'm trying to cut back. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one because I do like what I've gotten, but I can't said that I've been absolutely wowed like I have with some of the other sub services. 
This is good to know. I felt somewhat concerned that a company could possibly be that unorganized or have technical issues to continue giving bags to cancelled members, especially members who cancelled months ago.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This company is officially on my shit list right now. I received AGAIN a damaged shipment, second month in a row. Below is the email I just sent to Timothy, if he's still there, and Sarah:

Good evening,

This is the second month in a row that I have received an unusable Bag because of broken or defective packaging--specifically, something which I think is called Organic Intense Tightening Serum, from what's left of the label. The container itself is empty. The stuff is all over everything and got into the eyeshadow. I can't open the nail polish. The serum GLUED it shut!

Part of what I'm paying for is not only the timely receipt of product, but for its arriving safely and in a condition where it can be actually used. I was willing to chalk it up to an accident in April. To have it happen again with the next shipment is irresponsible and inexcusable.

I was refunded in April, and charged again that same week. Timothy told me it would be refunded as well, but it has not as of this date. Please either refund my money, or replace my bag directly. I am not very impressed with your company right now, and you have the added task of reestablishing a customer's trust.

Your mail people might be unusually rough...if its not happening to anyone else and it's happened to you twice, I'm going to bet its something other than the look bag.

Your mail people might be unusually rough...if its not happening to anyone else and it's happened to you twice, I'm going to bet its something other than the look bag.
I agree! seems like a mail carrier thing vs. the Look Bag. Think about it, I doubt they just throw stuff around. They don't want to have to replace bags all the time but USPS doesn't care.

I know of others who had issues in April. I like the stuff I get--I just wish I could use it! I did get a replacement last month and was refunded, but immediately charged again. I do hold the company responsible, to a point. Since changing their packaging I've had two months worth of damaged goods. They have the responsibility to pack their goods so they arrive safely.

So I've decided to keep the bag. Here's what's inside.

1. The New Black - Spring 2012 Runway Color Barometer. Each sample size is 0.125 fl oz while full size is 0.03 oz. each.
  2. L'Oreal Paris - War Infinite Pressed Eyeshadow in 901 Sweet Chemise (limited edition), 0.08 oz. Personally I have never seen these types of single shadows from L'Oreal Paris before.
  3. Erno Laszlo - The Hollywood Collection. Five different small foil packets
  4. Naked Princes - Shineluscious Lip Gloss Sampler, 0.008 oz
  5. Kelly Teegarden Organics - Regenerate Goji Pomegranate Face and Body Polish, 1 fl oz

I admit the contents are not bad but it's not enough to woo me back to subscribe.

I rarely see the L'Oreal shadows like these, and the last time I did was a couple of years ago. I think sometimes they come out with these kinds of packages for limited promotions like when they do thecOvarian Cancer drive.

I really like my bag - I got the same as most others, I got the serum from Teegarden and my polishes are a reddish and an orange-ish color...both really pretty, and at first I wished I had gotten a blue or purple or green or yellow or pink, but then I realized that I don't have anything remotely like these two colors, so they're probably best for me.

I rarely see the L'Oreal shadows like these, and the last time I did was a couple of years ago. I think sometimes they come out with these kinds of packages for limited promotions like when they do thecOvarian Cancer drive.
The tiny sticker sealing it shut says "limited edition"

They are replacing bags right away due to the leaky serum and, I was told, including an extra for the trouble. They also say they are working to improve the packing of products. That's all I can ask from a company :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This company is officially on my shit list right now. I received AGAIN a damaged shipment, second month in a row. Below is the email I just sent to Timothy, if he's still there, and Sarah:
Good evening,
This is the second month in a row that I have received an unusable Bag because of broken or defective packaging--specifically, something which I think is called Organic Intense Tightening Serum, from what's left of the label. The container itself is empty. The stuff is all over everything and got into the eyeshadow. I can't open the nail polish. The serum GLUED it shut!
Part of what I'm paying for is not only the timely receipt of product, but for its arriving safely and in a condition where it can be actually used. I was willing to chalk it up to an accident in April. To have it happen again with the next shipment is irresponsible and inexcusable.
I was refunded in April, and charged again that same week. Timothy told me it would be refunded as well, but it has not as of this date. Please either refund my money, or replace my bag directly. I am not very impressed with your company right now, and you have the added task of reestablishing a customer's trust.

I receIved a message (via Facebook) that they would replace mine, and was told that if it didn't make me happy I could get samples at a department store where I didn't have to worry about shipping. From Sarah, I believe. Nice way to talk to a customer.

This is now the second bag I have received from Look Bag since canceling and while its an awesome bag, I am still not interested in rejoining but I am thrilled about the lip glosses. They will be going on the cruise with me. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was all ready to cancel this month (I swore I'd give it 3 months) -- but I'm in love with this month's bag!  Eyeshadow, lip gloss, eye/face cream -- super exciting!  The nail polishes are a wash for me since I get my nails done, but someone is always happy to take those off my hands -- plus I got a yellow and blue color, which are kinda unique tints.  Overall, super happy with this box....and really hoping the boxes continue to be as good as this one!

Well, if they're sending the bags to cancelled customers on purpose, I think I'll keep it if I actually get it.  I did get one email saying that my look bag had shipped, but i never got a tracking # email.  After seeing these bags, I would love to have one!
biggrin.gif

I don't have anything profound to add, just wanted to offer my support for the Look Bag!!

I know I am older than probably everyone else here, having celebrated the big 5-0, but I know and appreciate attention to details, whether the item or items are trendy or established luxe travel sized products.

Here's what I like about LookBag:

I love the pink organza drawstring bags. I can put their products in one of my ": sample drawers" ( if it's a large to huge box like Test Tube or some I've gotten from SkinFX, I have to fill the drawers with the individual products). This current Look Bag is filled to the top and beyond with what I consider to be very high quality products. One of the things I was really sad about not getting the April promo GlossyBox USA was the Erno Lazlo skin care.. WOW, it showed up in my Look Bag yesterday!!! Same exact products, I was so thrilled. Still am.

Next, I love the 4 small glosses in the brand box. Perfect for a makeup bag. These are colors I wear, unlike the garish red lipstick I received from MyGlam today.

People have said the L'Oreal eye shadow, which I think everyone received in the Sweet Chemise sparkly ivory shade is a promo product. How is that different from a manufacturer's sample? It doesn't mean it was a promo from CVS 2 years ago, and the shadow I received is sealed from L'Oreal. I haven't tried Kelly Teegarden's Tightening Serum, but it looks a little watery in the jar.. maybe because these types of products usually are in pump bottles or bottles with droppers.  Lastly, I really love the polish colors and sizes. Not too much to get bored with, but enough to use for the summer. My colors are great, and would work together well for people who do nail art with their polishes.

I will be dropping 2, possibly 3 subs the last of the month, and have added some higher priced organic ones ( Foodzie, 2 Craveboxes, and Eco- Emi).

However, I definitely think LookBag is unique, has high quality products for my preferences and lifestyle, and hope to be a subscriber for as long as there are LookBags. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope it goes without saying that I respect those who have a different opinion.
I ALSO have really liked my Birchboxes, so there is no conflict in comparison. They are slightly different, mostly from a marketing/ presentation standpoint than from a quality or quantity standpoint for my personal products received.,

Lilly 

I receIved a message (via Facebook) that they would replace mine, and was told that if it didn't make me happy I could get samples at a department store where I didn't have to worry about shipping. From Sarah, I believe. Nice way to talk to a customer.
That was me, Sarah. Not Look Bag Customer service, Sarah. It's like I said above "They are replacing bags right away due to the leaky serum and, I was told, including an extra for the trouble. They also say they are working to improve the packing of products. That's all I can ask from a company :)

Back