The Natural Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box today, and I really am pleased with the contents.  I know someone wasn't happy because they looked like "homemade" products, but isn't that how many companies started?  Oh, and I finally received a Shea Terra product.  3 months with Beauty Army couldn't even score me that!  For the price, considering the shipping and deluxe sample sizes of the products, its not too bad. 

I got mine yesterday. I've had a chance to try a few of the items.

The All Natural Face Eyelid primer: I loved the way the eyelid primer went on but three hours into my day I have product creases. 
frown.gif

Dr. Emerald's Hand Sanitizer: I am disappointed with the hand sanitizer, it just doesn't have a good dispensing system.

Natural Luxury Rejuvenating & Nourishing Under Eye Serum: I am IN LOVE with the under eye serum. OMG-----> I worked 19 hours yesterday, came home, washed my face, applied the eye serum quite liberrally and woke up looking so refreshed. I don't care for the strong rose scent however. 

Shea Terra Whipped Shea Butter Creme: I'm probably the only person here who doesn't like this. I LOVE the scent, but it kind of just sits on my skin. -- I much prefer Tree Hut.

Dr. Emerald Hair Restoration Spray: Great, used it this morning! I didn't wash my hair this morning (due to maybe 4 hours of sleep after a 19 hour day) but I sprayed this and combed. It looked fantastic. 

Ferro Cosmetics Blush: Great color for all skin tones imo. I love it. A little tiny amount goes a long way.

Temptations Bath N Body Lime in da Coconut Body Spritz: Love natural fragrances. I would like to try the rest of what this company offers. They have a 7 sample pack I might buy. 

Dr. Emerald Natural Anti-microbial hand soap: I used this yesterday in the kitchen. I like it, I like bar soaps, maybe I'm just nostalgic, but I have this set out on my kitchen windowsill in a small dish and plan to use it all up. 

Kitty Kosmetics red raspberries heart soap - I love the scent but haven't yet tried it. I think this makes a cute gift and I would definitely use this. 

I have yet to try the rest but will try to remember to give my impressions as I go. 

Yay! Got mine too (in California). Thanks so much for the reviews corvettecrista! I am loving the Shea Terra (OK, mostly for the smell!) I also have never been able to get them through Beauty Army, Merryone. I ended up purchasing the sample size of the Banana body butter from the Shea Terra website. By the way, Shea Terra seems to always has a coupon for 30% off if you order through their website. They post codes on Facebook or e-mail you if you subscribe to the newsletter.

Mine came in PA today, too!  The email they'd sent saying it shipped was from the 2nd, but the shipping list is dated Sept 17th.  Well, at least now I know when to expect it next month.

I got the Gingered Pumpkin in the Shea Terra and it's really a light scent.  I'm LOVING the Lime in the Coconut body spray!  MMMmmmmMMMmm!

Really pleased with this box.  I got in an order for October, and will make sure not to miss any!  I'm asking hubby for 6 months for Christmas.  =)

Ok - I'm dense, apparently.  The mask.  You mix it with something and I assume smack some on your face.  How long do you leave it on?  I'm not seeing where it says?

They also don't seem to have some of these items on the site yet, and the Beeseline code is coming up as invalid or expired.  (I emailed them.)  They have free shipping on items that were in the bag, but I wonder if that includes the Beeseline?

Somebody please make me stop putting on more and more of this shea butter...

1. I would leave it on 10-15 minutes, or until it dries, and then wash it off either with just water or using a washcloth. That's usually how clay masks work, anyway. I am going to try it out with Greek yoghurt and also with Rosewater. 2. Why would you want to stop putting it on?! It makes your skin soft and smells sooooo gooooood!!!

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok - I'm dense, apparently.  The mask.  You mix it with something and I assume smack some on your face.  How long do you leave it on?  I'm not seeing where it says?

They also don't seem to have some of these items on the site yet, and the Beeseline code is coming up as invalid or expired.  (I emailed them.)  They have free shipping on items that were in the bag, but I wonder if that includes the Beeseline?
I always mix my clay masks with apple cider vinegar. Just mix enough to make a fluffy paste, avoid eye area and let dry, then wash off with warm or cool water. I find that works better than anything else and it's what's recommended with Aztec Secret which is similar to this mask in consistency. I tried the mask tonight, I liked it, probably a bit better than straight aztec secret. It did feel like the ahava mask with a bit of stinging, but I really doubt I will have any side effects other than clean pores. I left mine on for around ten min, but I live in a humid climate so if you live in AZ or CO you might be able to do half the time. 

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always mix my clay masks with apple cider vinegar. Just mix enough to make a fluffy paste, avoid eye area and let dry, then wash off with warm or cool water. I find that works better than anything else and it's what's recommended with Aztec Secret which is similar to this mask in consistency. I tried the mask tonight, I liked it, probably a bit better than straight aztec secret. It did feel like the ahava mask with a bit of stinging, but I really doubt I will have any side effects other than clean pores. I left mine on for around ten min, but I live in a humid climate so if you live in AZ or CO you might be able to do half the time. 
I am going to try out the apple cider vinegar. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did I never think of doing this? I'm going to try it tonight. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today and I'm in Oregon. Overall I was happy. I wish there weren't so many products with witch hazel in them, but I'm sure it's just a problem for my sensitive nose. The peach ice shimmer is very pretty and the bath tea smells amazing!
I'm wondering if witch hazel is bothering me as well. After opening the box and blogging about the products, my nose started getting really itchy. Now I have a terrible pounding headache. I separated the items with witch hazel and put them in a ziplock bag - I don't think I'm going to be able to use them.

Originally Posted by Margo Julianna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if witch hazel is bothering me as well. After opening the box and blogging about the products, my nose started getting really itchy. Now I have a terrible pounding headache. I separated the items with witch hazel and put them in a ziplock bag - I don't think I'm going to be able to use them.
That's what I had to do as well. I was so looking forward to the eye roller, but opening it, the smell was too much. Oh well, there's a box for everyone I guess. I still feel it was completely worth the $20.

One thing I dislike - you get points for reviewing each item in the box.  A bunch of the items aren't even on the site when you get your box (which is also annoying since you only have a certain amount of time for the discount), and when you try to review those that are, they hold your review for approval.  Apparently you don't get your points until they approve, either.  But just a note - don't put any stock in the number of positive reviews, because I'm guessing any negative ones just don't get posted.  Do you still get points for reviewing if you say you didn't like the product?  Your guess is as good as mine!

Is anyone else still waiting for their box?  I remember getting a message saying my box would arrive sometime in September, but there was not a tracking #.

I've got pictures up on my blog of September's box if anyone is interested.  The only item I wasn't excited about was the eye primer from The All Natural Face,which I had purchased a while back and creases terribly on me. 

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only item I wasn't excited about was the eye primer from The All Natural Face,which I had purchased a while back and creases terribly on me. 
Same problem here. 

I used the Watermelon and CoQ10 clay mask last night.  I mixed it with Greek yogurt, which made for a thick and creamy mask that was very cooling on.  As it dried it was almost uncomfortable, probably the most intense clay mask I've used to date.  Not sure if that was because of the yogurt or what, but it was interesting.  I can only hope it was sucking those impurities out!

Hi friends,

Hope y'all are well! Is anyone still waiting for their September box?  I'm from Texas and loved my August box.  I paid for a year in advance and still have not received my September box (today is 10/6).  I've sent 2 email messages, contacted them through a form on their website, FBed them a private message, and even left a phone message in Canada all this week but haven't heard from anyone yet.  I am so sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> as I was really looking forward to this.  I just wonder if the mail is delayed or if it wasn't sent out at all...everyone else seems to have gotten theirs by the end of September.  Anyhow I'm just hoping I will get it soon or at least get a hold of someone...thanks y'all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish they sent out tracking #[s so you'd at least know it had been sent.  Hope they respond soon.

Back