The Official Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are becoming available in my store this Thursday! I'll be getting up early to go and get them for sure. I'm really excited to try them out!

I bought Gold Spill and was so upset that they were out of Northern Light, but the MA at my store showed me how similar the two look and told me that I could use a pinkish blush or shadow underneath Gold Spill to get it to look the same. I am NC30 and just thought that some Muters might find this useful.

Originally Posted by darkh3av3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought Gold Spill and was so upset that they were out of Northern Light, but the MA at my store showed me how similar the two look and told me that I could use a pinkish blush or shadow underneath Gold Spill to get it to look the same. I am NC30 and just thought that some Muters might find this useful. Yeah, that's what I thought myself when I went the first time and I felt good about not buying Northern Lights because of that, but I had to go back buy it anyways lol.

I noticed earlier on in this thread that everyone uses a 187 brush to apply the MSF's... Do you guys still think that the 187 is the BEST brush to use with the MSF's??

Originally Posted by clwkerric /img/forum/go_quote.gif I noticed earlier on in this thread that everyone uses a 187 brush to apply the MSF's... Do you guys still think that the 187 is the BEST brush to use with the MSF's?? I like the 187 because it picks up a lot of the shimmer.
smile.gif

i use the 188 or 187 and i like it because it doesnt pick up too much color. If i use a regular brush i feel like i put too much on the brush.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the 187 because it picks up a lot of the shimmer.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use the 188 or 187 and i like it because it doesnt pick up too much color. If i use a regular brush i feel like i put too much on the brush. Great, then that will be the brush I use when I buy my first MSF.. lol Thanks guys.
smile.gif

I'm also a MSF addict ! I have almost all of them (I don't have Pleasureflush, and I'm waiting for Naked You, Porcelain Pink and Metal Rock).

I was wondering which are your 3 fave MSF, mine are

1/ Stereo Rose 2/ Gold Deposit 3/ Shooting Star but I also like the others
smile.gif

Some pictures :

Originally Posted by alliestella /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm also a MSF addict ! I have almost all of them (I don't have Pleasureflush, and I'm waiting for Naked You, Porcelain Pink and Metal Rock).I was wondering which are your 3 fave MSF, mine are

1/ Stereo Rose 2/ Gold Deposit 3/ Shooting Star but I also like the others
smile.gif

Some pictures :

Great pics! I'd say my favorite MSFs are Gold Spill (as a bronzer) and Glissade (as a blush).
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

Glissade is very pretty ! Gold Spill doesn't show very much on my tanned skin but I'll try it this winter for sure !

I was using the 187 to apply my msf and just bought the 188. I like the 188 better. I seem to have more control. I just bought my first msfs, northern light and gold spill, and I love them. I can't believe how many of them that I have missed out on.

I hear Gold Spill and Shimpagne are very similar, can anyone confirm/deny?

I just got word that Flashtronic will be on the counters tomorrow here. I cannot effing WAIT!!

Originally Posted by Karen_B /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hear Gold Spill and Shimpagne are very similar, can anyone confirm/deny?
I just got word that Flashtronic will be on the counters tomorrow here. I cannot effing WAIT!!

Gold Spill is a little darker. I couldn't use Shimpagne because it was too dark to be a highlighter and too light to be a bronzer on me. So it just made me look dirty. But Gold Spill works perfectly as a bronzer for me.
smile.gif

Thanks Shaundra! I actually thought Gold Spill would be lighter than Shimpagne. Hm, I might just get Northern Lights in that case. Shimpagne works really well as kind of a "highlighting bronzer" for me if that makes any sense, LOL! It just gives me a lovely glow.

Latest posts

Back