The Official Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by makeupjunkie00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm so excited to try the msf's! Anyone know the colors of the Msf's? Do they come out in January? There's a pinkish one (light flush) and a light brown one (warmed). It seems like the release date is the 17th for regular MAC stores.

Originally Posted by waterlily777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif in January??? you mean all those shimpagne..glissade. Im new with make-up....so...i really want to try this thing out. its like a all over face powder right? No the old colors aren't being re-released. Two new colors are coming out: Warmed and Light Flush. They seem to be pretty similar to many colors that have been released. Warmed looks similar to the Shimpagne, Global Glow colors, and Light Flush looks kinda similar to the pinky MSFs that have been released, like petticoat.

okay erm...... MSF....is applied all through out the face after foundation right??? i mean its like a powder face.

Originally Posted by waterlily777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif okay erm...... MSF....is applied all through out the face after foundation right??? i mean its like a powder face. No, you'll look like a disco ball. It depends on what color you get, some work better as highlighters, others work better as blushes or bronzers. Definitely too shimmery to put it all over the face.

I bought it and lemme say.... way too much hype on this. Seriously. It's okay but meh - pretty much a bronzer/highlighter/blush depending on how much and where you use it.

It just reminds me of other blushes that I've got. A bit more sheer but that's it.

Who's buying the new MSF's? Marisol?
smile.gif
I was going to kinda collect them, but I was thinking about it last night... I only use my favorites... Shimpagne, Stereo Rose, Naked You..etc. over and over again. So if I keep buying the MSF's they release I'll be 60 or 70 years old one day with a TON of MSF's, that I could never use in a lifetime. Everyone is saying how these shades resemble other colors. Do they? I don't know what to do... On the other hand I'm afraid of missing out on a great MSF.

I'm LOL at my own post... it's not like I'm in a real dilemma, but I'm just curious... does anyone else collect MSF's?

Well my dilemma is this one... I got two of the MSF's from the Flashtronic collection: Northern Lights and Global Glow, my first ones AND the chunkiest MSF's ever. Now I would have preferred not to buy those two and buy the two new ones instead. Warmed is so similar to Global Glow but with a nicer texture, I'm not getting it because I just can't justify it.

Where I live people are not so overly crazy about MAC Collections, so they last ages. I remember having Porcelain Pink and Shimpagne in my hand once but didn't get them (This was months after the collection was released.) Seriously I still regret not getting Porcelain Pink and I think Light Flush is a little similar so I got it and I'm very happy with it.

I'm the kind of person that hates having makeup items that look exactly the same once applied. Feels like a waste of money, so I would never collect MSF's (nothing wrong if you do though) I don't have that much money.

All in all, considering the only MSF's I have Light Flush was a worthy addition.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well my dilemma is this one... I got two of the MSF's from the Flashtronic collection: Northern Lights and Global Glow, my first ones AND the chunkiest MSF's ever. Now I would have preferred not to buy those two and buy the two new ones instead. Warmed is so similar to Global Glow but with a nicer texture, I'm not getting it because I just can't justify it.
Where I live people are not so overly crazy about MAC Collections, so they last ages. I remember having Porcelain Pink and Shimpagne in my hand once but didn't get them (This was months after the collection was released.) Seriously I still regret not getting Porcelain Pink and I think Light Flush is a little similar so I got it and I'm very happy with it.

I'm the kind of person that hates having makeup items that look exactly the same once applied. Feels like a waste of money, so I would never collect MSF's (nothing wrong if you do though) I don't have that much money.

All in all, considering the only MSF's I have Light Flush was a worthy addition.

I'm the same too.I dunno - I should've bought the neutral MSF instead of these shimmery ones. I too got Light Flush and like, blah - I feel it like a waste of money but figured I could wear it during summer or something.

Yeah, if anything I was maybe thinking about getting the light flush. I'm going to wait and if light flush is still available in like two weeks or so.. I'll get it. If not, oh well. The weird thing is, the first collection I was actually around for was Danse, and there were two MSF's in that collection... since then I don't really like ANY of the MSFs. I like so many from older collections though. All I want is a re-release of Stereo Rose, and Pleasureflush one day.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm the same too.I dunno - I should've bought the neutral MSF instead of these shimmery ones. I too got Light Flush and like, blah - I feel it like a waste of money but figured I could wear it during summer or something.

Oh well, at least you got to try one and see for yourself what it was all about. I agree it's really nothing sooo special, it's shimmer on your face with some color lol, but I do loved the Light Flush. I use it over my blush.

I didnt get any. I saw my friends msfs but i have enough blushes and crap. I have shimpagne, global glow and northern lights. I think that covers highlighter, blush and bronzer so im good!

Natural msfs are great though, i actually used one entirely.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didnt get any. I saw my friends msfs but i have enough blushes and crap. I have shimpagne, global glow and northern lights. I think that covers highlighter, blush and bronzer so im good!
Natural msfs are great though, i actually used one entirely.

Yeah I love the natural ones... too bad the closest shade Medium Dark is a tad too dark and their new Medium Plus shade is still too light for me
frown.gif
. I might stick with the darker one. It does give a nice finish.

I gave in and ordered them... I got Warmed from MAC and Light Flush from Nordstrom.

So far I got Warmed, and LOVE it! I love the texture of this MSF, and it gives me the prettiest glow.

I hope I like Light Flush!

The consistency of Warmed is so much better than the MSF's that came out with Flashtronic.

I'm still debating if I need warmed because I have Shooting Star MSF. from the swatches I've seen online it looks like warmed would be more orange-ish?

I haven't been to MAC store in ages because I know I'm too weak and would buy everything in sight! LMAO!!!

I was collecting MSFs and only needed Pleasureflush to complete my collection. However, I realized that I would never use Metal Rock because it is too dark on me so I gave it away to someone who could use it. So now the ones that I do have I use.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The consistency of Warmed is so much better than the MSF's that came out with Flashtronic. I know!!! Hahaha I wish I haven't gotten Global Glow because I liked Warmed's texture much more, but I already have it and will stick to it lol.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was collecting MSFs and only needed Pleasureflush to complete my collection. However, I realized that I would never use Metal Rock because it is too dark on me so I gave it away to someone who could use it. So now the ones that I do have I use. You still can use it as eyeshadow Mar!

My light flush came today, and I don't really like the texture... it's not soft like warmed is.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif My light flush came today, and I don't really like the texture... it's not soft like warmed is. Really? I'm loving my light flush! I didn't get warmed, though...it's too dark for me.

Back