The official used it up thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't fare well this month. My resolution this year is to use stuff up! Ha!

December Used

FOILS:

No. 4 Reconstructing Masque - Like all No 4 products, this doesn't really do anything.

Garnier Blackhead Eliminating Scrub - made me break out, plus contains things I'm trying to stay away from.

Roux anti-aging Keratin Repair Shamp/Cond - neither cleansed well nor conditioned.

DELUXE:

Philosophy Snow Angel shower gel - it was ok. Smell wasn't really what I was expecting.

Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Shower Gel - the Vicks of body washes. Was amazing while I had the flu.

FULL SIZE:

Julep Double Step - Not the best, not the worst. The packaging kinda sucks. Won't purchase on my own, but wouldn't be mad if I got one in a mystery box.

BBW Pumpkin Pecan Waffles foaming hand soap - no one liked this. It made your hands smell like syrup, which sounds good in theory, but in reality makes you hands smell sticky.

RANDOMS:

Marc Jocobs Daisy vial - love this!

Prada Candy vial - like this one too!

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil face mask - helped calm down the breakout I got from the blackhead scrub. Will buy again.

DITCHED:

CK One mascara - it was ok. Didn't give me raccoon eyes. Went past its 3 month mark.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray - I gave this away. It smelled great, but my hair type doesn't lend well to this kind of product

Here are my December empties! I'm trying to work down my sample stash and I think this was a good start :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Full Size:
Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion - This is one of my favorite scents. When I get through my ridiculous amount of lotion I will definitely be repurchasing this.

Epielle Cucumber Cleansing Tissues - I get these from my nana every year for Christmas. They are pretty meh. It says they remove waterproof mascara but definitely don’t for me. I usually use these just to get my face makeup off and use something else for my eye makeup.

Deluxe Sample:
Sephora Instant Moisturizer - I liked this overall. It didn’t make my skin feel greasy. It seemed to absorb into my skin pretty fast and made my skin feel soft.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - I really like this. It is really gentle but still makes my skin feel really soft and smooth. It seemed to last a really long time, too.

Skin&Co Roma Sicilian Light Serum Vitamin C Brightening Face Serum - I got this in a Birchbox. It’s supposed to fade dark spots, brighten skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines. I have none of those concerns so yeah xD I figured I had it so might as well slap it on my face anyway!

Supergoop CC Cream - This is one of those self-adjusting shades. When I first put it on it had an orangey tint to it and looked awful. I had to wait 20-30 minutes for it to “adjust” to my skin and look ok. Wouldn’t buy it because I don’t always have that long to wait and don’t want to look orange.

Foils:
Suave Natural Infusion Shampoo - Didn’t like the way it made my hair feel, made it feel gross and greasy. Wouldn’t purchase.

Suave Natural Infusion Conditioner - See above.

Suave Natural Infusion Mask - For some reason this mask didn’t make my hair feel greasy like the other products, but I honestly don’t think it did anything special for my hair. I don’t ever buy hair masks because I don’t really have any hair concerns other than oiliness so they don‘t really do anything for me. (I honestly don’t give a crap about hair care. If it makes my hair clean I’m good with it so I get whatever is cheap xD.)

Hempz Fresh Coconut and Watermelon Nourishing Herbal Body Wash - This was alright. The scent was okay, not my favorite but wasn’t offensive or anything. I could smell the watermelon and coconut but watermelon isn’t a scent I gravitate towards. It had a decent amount of lather and didn’t dry out my skin. I definitely wouldn’t pay full price for it, though.

Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner - I actually liked this conditioner quite a bit. It made my hair feel really soft and non-greasy. The scent is just okay, didn’t love it or hate it. I don’t think I liked it enough to pay the full price for it, though.

Freeman Chocolate & Strawberry Clay Mask - I liked this well enough. It smelled good and made my skin feel pretty soft. I got a huge hoard of these masks when they had a 40% off sale so when I get through my stash I would consider purchasing this again.

Tone Soothing Body Wash - This stuff smelled so good! I’m horrible at describing scents so I’m no help. All I know is it smelled incredible and I would buy it for the scent alone.

Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner - I got a few samples from this brand before I cut my hair. I had very long hair that had loose curls. I now have a short pixie cut with no curls. I don’t use leave in conditioners anymore but I had this and no one wanted it so I used it. Wouldn’t purchase.

Davines OI/All In One Milk - I HATED this stuff. At first my hair would feel soft, but by the end of the day my hair was looking like a greasy mess. Would never, ever, EVER use this again.

Tone Petal Soft Body Wash - This smelled nice, but I liked the scent of the other one more so would purchase it over this one.

Tossed:
Hempz Ultra Moisturizing Herbal Lip Balm (full size) - This made me break out so bad all around my mouth. Of course I almost used the whole tube before I realized this is what was causing the breakouts. Not finishing it up now that I know.

Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (deluxe sample) - I’ve used this before and thought it was decent enough. This one I received in a sample box and the smell was AWFUL! It normally has a kind of fruity scent to it, but this smelled straight up horrible. I don’t know if they changed the formula or if this was just expired, but it was just bad. I’m not sensitive to scents so it takes a lot to make me not use something because of the scent. But this is going nowhere near my face. I thought my nose was messed up and made someone else smell it just to make sure, and they said it smelled gross, too. I hate throwing things away, but I wouldn’t give this stinky stuff to anyone.

So this set of empties rounds out the year. I'm pretty sure I kept track all year long, and it probably adds up to a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll go back and figure it out some time.

Happy New Year everyone!

FULL SIZE:

• Bio Cellulose Whitening & Anti-aging Eye Patch, 5-pack -- Memebox -- This seemed to slurp the puffiness out of my under eyes, and they felt tighter, but I still don't need this type of product.
  • Jacara Peppermint Lip Balm -- I liked this a lot. It was light and slippy on the lips, but I have like 2 years worth of balms in my stash. 
  • Tresemme Basic Care Dry Shampoo --  It's just ok. Made my hair feel a little sticky, and I definitely felt it in my hair all day. For drugstore, I much prefer Dove.
  • LaRocca C-Gold Reparative Primer -- This took forever and a day to use up. I honestly can't say it did anything special for me. It had a micro gold in it that (thankfully) didn't show up on the skin, and the texture was quite wet. Although I wouldn't repurchase, I do somehow have another full sized one in my collection.
  • Perfect Formula Manicure Booster -- The idea was that this would extend a manicure as a base and top coat. It took forever to dry as a top coat, and also bubbled. So I used it only as a base coat, and that worked well, while helping nail polish adhere. I have other base coats to use up, but if I find I miss this, I'll get it again.
  • North American Hemp Co. Shine Spray -- Oh, the smell of this was atrocious! I don't know how I made it through. It also left my hair greasy looking just in the spots I sprayed.
  • Sephora Honey Mask, Nourishing and Balancing -- Loved this mask! Honey is supposed to be good for the skin, and I found this to be soothing. The cut of the mask is HUGE, though, overlapping into my hair and jaw, and I do have a big face!
  • Giovanni Cool Mint Lemonade Salt Scrub -- I liked this at first -- it really smelled like lemonade. But it had an icy hot burn to it every time I used it that verged on pain!

DELUXE:

• Clarins Invigorating Shower Gel -- This was so amazing and luxurious. The scent was glorious.
  • Forest Essentials Shampoo & Conditioner -- This set had a "basic" feel to it.
  • Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask -- I was so excited to try this, but it gave me breakouts. Deeply moisturizing, though.
  • Make Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover -- Not good at removing makeup. Too much rubbing and pulling just to get half of it off.
  • Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Hairspray -- It was an ok hairspray. 
  • Camille Beckman Hand Therapy, Lemongrass Vert & Sparkling Grapefruit -- Now this I loved, because it absorbed so well, and moisturized so well. I have another to use.
  • Shave with Benefits Shave Foam, Bergamot + Pink Grapefruit -- This was ok as a shaving foam. Didn't goop up my razor, did the job. This was my last shaving product, and I won't buy any others for a while. Soap works fine for me.
  • Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo & Conditioner -- I like these ok.
  • Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo -- I love how clean and fluffy this made my hair feel, without residue. Still left the usual white cast, but I just shook it out.
  • Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil -- An excellent cleansing oil which made makeup removal a breeze. I may consider this again.
  • Dove Deep Moisture Nutrium Body Wash -- I have several more of these deluxe bottles. It has a feeling of half body wash/half body lotion.
  • Nars Face Primer -- This was a pretty good face primer, but didn't help with oiliness.
  • St. Ives Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Scrub -- This was probably the most surprising product of the month. I'm not a huge fan of the Apricot Scrub because its too gritty, but this was way finer and had the texture of a face polish. I absolutely would buy again.
  • Chanel Le Lift Moisturizer -- Both of these Chanel products felt very nice, and seemed to brighten and smooth my skin. I would love to buy again, but jeez, the prices. They did not irritate my acne-prone skin, even though they were heavily fragranced.
  • Chanel La Nuit de Chanel Recharge
  • Alessandro Pedix Feet Heel Rescue Balm --  This was a nice foot balm. I enjoyed the minty scent the most, but I think the Kerstin Florian one is more effective at softening the feet.

PACKETS:

• Caldrea Body Lotion, x3, in Aloe Water Apricot, Tea Olive Lime, Coconut Fig Leaf -- These seemed nice, but average.
  • Omoroviscza Thermal Cleansing Balm -- This was so thick and so heavy, I couldn't get it off my face. I don't know if it's meant to go over your eyes, but it got in mine and blurred my vision. I'm not sure I understand how to use this, but it's very pricey, and I wasn't won over.
  • Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo x2 -- This is for men, so felt more like a clarifying shampoo. I just used them up to use them.
  • Macadamia Deep Repair Masque -- A popular mask, which I also enjoyed. May buy again.
  • Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base -- One of my faves. It works so well at keeping shadows looking fresh. I have a deluxe tube to work though.
  • Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser -- An absolute pleasure to use. It felt so good on the skin, and left my face feeling great. I am now coveting this and may try it during a sale.
  • Lancome Nude Miracle Liquid-to-powder Foundation, 110 Ivoire x2, and 320 Bisque x2 -- I had enough samples for a good try and think this is a beautiful, natural, skin-like finish that still provides good coverage. I really like when it looks like you're not wearing foundation, and this is that type. I'd love to buy this.
  • L'Occitane Amande Milk Concentrate -- A lovely lotion.
  • Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum -- One of my fave brands, and really feels soothing to my skin. I enjoyed this serum, and have a full size already.
  • Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer x4, Beige, Sand, Shell, Ivory -- All these Hourglass foundations are also gorgeous, and I had a couple of weeks of use with all the samples and colors I had. I would buy the one for oily skin.
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation x2 Light Beige, Porcelain
  • Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup x3, Light Beige, Beige, Ivory
  • Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub -- It's ok, but the particles were too sparse.
  • Garnier Clean Balancing Daily Exfoliator -- same deal as Biore.
  • Kocost Foot Peeling Pack -- A week after I did the pack, nothing was happening, and I thought it just didn't work for me. 10 days later, the peeling was full-on, and the callousy areas were left feeling renewed!
  • Wen Cleansing Conditioner, Pomagranate -- The more I use Wen products, the more I just want to be a Wen girl. They just work so well for my hair, leaving it manageable, soft, and shiny.
  • Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask -- I noticed nothing from this.
  • Camille Beckman Hand Therapy, Lemongrass Vert & Sparkling Grapefruit -- I had a packet in addition to the deluxe sample above, and love this. I do have another big sample to use.
  • Vertere Refining Treatment Cleanser -- Too small to judge.
  • Clarins Double Serum x2 -- Seems like a nice product from the 4 uses I got.
  • Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Damage & Color Repair Shampoo & Conditioner -- Always enjoy these. I have more travel sizes.

Fragrance: (vials)

• Carven Le Parfum -- This scent is up my alley, but not enough to purchase.
  • My Burberry -- I also enjoyed this one, but have the Burberry Body, which is more exciting to me.

Tossed:

• Two Cosmetics Duo Eyeshadow in Heartache -- Too pinky in color and gave me sickly looking eyes.
  • Mally Lip Magnifier Lip Color in Soft Nude -- This doesn't show up on my lips at ALL, though I love Mally products.
  • Sanre Organic Skinfood Chocolate Lips Yummy Lip Moisturizer -- Sadly, it went bad before I had a chance to use it.
  • Tom Ford Sahara Noir -- I guess I can't like everything from Tom Ford, because this strong and unique scent is not my thing at all.

Bath and Body Works Lemon Mint Leaf Mason Jar Candle (6 oz) I loved the smell of this, totally energizing.  However, I was frustrated by how much was left in the bottom of the jar when I finished burning it.  I will buy this again if it is offered, but next time as a 3-wick candle. 

Vitabath 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream in Spring Green (2.1 oz) I hated this.  Left a film on my hands because it did not soak in and smelled absolutely horrible.  Would never repurchase and would instantly donate any more that came my way.  Hated this product with a burning passion and am so excited to be done with it.  Regarding the smell, my sister asked me to please stand farther away from me at one point about an hour after I put this on. 

Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Cleanser (1 oz) I love this.  I have about 3 back ups in this deluxe sample size.  It’s very soothing, smells great, and really feels like it gets all the dirt and make up off my face without drying me out.  I probably won’t purchase any time soon but I will continue to select is as a free deluxe sample. 

Bath and Body works Mini Candle in Watermelon Lemonade (1.3 oz) I liked the scent of this the more I burned it.  I often used it at the same time as the lemon mint candle mentioned above and the two smells were nice and sweet and summery (a feeling I want more of in this bitter cold).   I don’t think I will purchase this scent again in a full size as it smells a little too fruity sweet for me, I prefer my scents citrus or herbal or green for summer/spring.  Will mention that I was very impressed by the mini size of candle as far as throw and burn time and will continue to use this size occasionally. 

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment (0.3 oz) I really liked this.  I have been saving it for a special occasion but we are all about using stuff up on the no-buy support forum of MUT.  And I for one am going to indulge myself!  I really liked this and felt like it helped with some stress acne that broke out.  I used this before bed the nights of the long weekend I was applying to grad schools.  It felt nice to give myself a little treat at the end of a stressful day of statement writing and doubting my competence/competitive ability.  I probably won’t purchase because these are a little pricey and I have about a zillion and two other masks to work through but I will be on the look out for samplers that include this product. 

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Original SPF25 Mineral Veil (0.03 oz) This was an alright color match for me (I think it’s translucent) in that it didn’t leave a white cast or give me orange-y fake tan look.  But I didn’t really like it.  It was fine.  I wish it was more oil-absorbing.  I am too much of a grease monster to wear this, will not repurchase.  Also, could get cakey on dry areas of skin and emphasized any peeling.  

Origins Modern Friction (foil) I liked this a lot.  I can’t tell tons from a single foil though, but will look for some more and may purchase a full size.

Benefit Agent Zero Shine (foil) Who in the world has ever heard of a sample of powder in foil?  This was idiotic packaging and I didn’t like the product that much.  Would not purchase. 

Urban Decay Nude Omega Cleansing Jelly (foil) I liked this alright.  It smelled great and washed off nicely.  But I didn’t really feel like it got all my makeup off which is the #1 thing my cleanser must do, so no purchasing. 

Derma-e Evenly Radiant Brightening Cleanser (1 oz) This smelled nice and got all my eye makeup off.  I felt weirdly like I wasn’t all the way clean afterwards but all my makeup was gone so I don’t think it actually did a bad job, just was a very gentle cleanser.  Currently working my way through my stash of sample cleansers but would maybe (probably not) consider repurchasing if it is super inexpensive. 

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Exfoliating Firming Tea Mask (0.33 oz) I liked this, got about 5 uses out of the tube.  Kind of stings while applied (not in an unpleasant way) and afterwards my skin felt smoother/newer so I think it was in fact exfoliating.  Smelled fine, was a kind of gross brown color (but really who cares if a mask is pretty).  Will look into purchasing from birchbox if I get through all of my masks and find myself wanting a new exfoliating one. 

Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lipstain in Sugar (0.07 oz) I really liked this.  Way more than I thought I would, I was kind of bummed when I got this sample from birchbox.  It gave my lips a nice hint of color once the lipgloss-type finish wore away.  I don’t know if it would tint any but the palest of lips but it worked great for me.  I will consider repurchasing once my lip products aren’t such a hot mess.

Mai Couture Blush Paper in Montecito (two sheets) These were very strange and I would not purchase.  They were like blotting papers for your cheeks that rubbed on blush, which was admittedly a pretty color and they did work. 

Miracle Skin Transformer Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector (foil) I thought this was acne treatment but it felt thick like a primer.  It did weirdly work pretty well for calming my breakouts though so I didn’t hate it.  Would not purchase. 

Hairkop Leave In Moisturizing Cream (foil) I actually liked this stuff (shudder).   It kept my hair feeling hydrated and holding its style.  Did not have an overpowering smell and left no tacky/product-y feeling in my hair.  Probably won’t purchase because I have a million conditioner-type samples and don’t use them enough anyway. 

NUXE Ultra Comfortable Face Cream (foil) I really liked this.  It was lightweight and soaked in super fast without being problematic for drier winter skin.  Would consider repurchasing someday but not so life-changing I have to rush out to do so immediately. 

Kiehl’s Facial Fuel (foil) I loved this.  I really want to purchase (is it weird to buy men’s skincare? I’ve decided not at all because skin is skin) as soon as I am off a no-buy.  Which probably won’t but for a long while but this is definitely on the someday/ASAP wishlist. 

Le Couvent de Minimes Gardener’s Hand Healer (0.8 oz) I wish this wasn’t so pricey because it would be the only hand cream I would use.  This stuff is fantastic, soaks in fast, keeps skin moisturized, and smells spectacular. 

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (0.16 oz) I liked this a lot. I have a lot of other primers though and am not convinced this was worth the price once I (theoretically) use the others up. 

Dove Refresh + Care Volume Dry Shampoo (0.5 oz) This smells fairly strongly in a powdery kind of way, but was not unpleasant.  It worked great at keeping my hair grease free and didn’t leave too much white residue.  I would consider repurchasing in the future, but have some other dry shampoo for now and don’t have much experience with other brands. 

Tarte blush in Fearless (card sample) I liked this color alright, it was a bit hot pink for me.  I prefer my blush to be a little more purple or nude leaning because there’s already a lot of natural pink to my cheeks. 

Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Hydrator (foil) Another Kiehl’s for men product I absolutely loved and am considering repurchasing someday when I allow myself to buy things again (ahhh such a distant future).

Hairkop Treatment Hair Serum (foil) This smelled nice and worked fine at moisturizing without turning my hair into a greaseball.  I am too bitter at birchbox for these lame pick twos to ever spend money or points on this product thought. 

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream (0.25 oz) I liked this a lot. It was a nice wintertime night moisturizer.  Didn’t break me out and my face felt nice and smooth when I woke up. 

Pearl Souffle Luxurious Shave Cream (foil) I liked this fine, it was a good shaving cream.  I don’t mind just shaving with soap or shower gel though so actually purchasing this product feels like a waste of money to me. 

Devacurl Styling Cream (1 oz foil) I hated the way this smelled and wasn’t a big fan of how tacky it made my hair feel.  But I have to admit that when I used it my hair looked great and I hardly had to use any product to get an effect.  Would not purchase but if you don’t mind the smell or a little stickiness to your hair it’s a great product. 

Lab Series Skincare for Men Daily Moisture Eye Balm (foil) x2 I actually really liked these. They were lightly moisturizing but not so thick they didn’t sink in.  I want my eye cream to help with dark circles though, which these did not.  That being said, I didn’t give them the fairest test by using them during finals week.

Garnier Blackhead Eliminating Scrub (foil) I liked this just fine but was not impressed enough to purchase.  Could use some more grit but it did make my face feel clean after using. 

Le Couvent des Minimes Lavender and Acacia Soothing Night Hand Cream (0.8 oz) I liked this a lot for night time.  It smelled great and was moisturizing, but I don’t love putting on hand cream right before bed.  I tend to touch my face while I sleep and I feel like it breaks me out.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (foil) Still have at least two of these foils, they come from everywhere.  This primer works fine and I like to use it on nights where I am going out and want to look really made up.  Would not bother purchasing because I don’t love it for everyday use and get free samples of it constantly.  

From writing this out, I've learned that I am apparently really picky about scents of products! I am also continuously amazing by how many deluxe and foil samples I use every month. I really don't feel like I've added any to the stash recently so maybe I'm nearing the end of them!

Full Size 
Suave Advanced Therapy Body Lotion - Meh. 

Tresemme Luxurious Moisture Shampoo - Any Tresemme shamp/cond I use I really like. It's my go-to. 
Whish Exfolitating Body Wash - This was a pain to get through. Didn't like the smell; while it was coconut, it just wasn't pleasant to me for some reason. Then the beads were just so freaking huge and abrasive. I had to be careful with this or I would really hurt my skin.
B&BW Paris Amour Shower Gel - Didn't like the scent, but used it as a bubble bath and it was fine.
Nuganic Customize Sun Block Fresh (Memebox) - Liked the scent and how thick it was while still absorbing. Won't rebuy, but it was a really nice sunscreen.
It's Skin Green Tea Calming Lip & Eye Cleansing Pads (Beauteque) - The only thing I liked about these was the convenient cloths. The serum was oily and really stung my eyes which, to me, defeats the purpose of an eye makeup remover.
Cremorlab Mineral Treatment Essence (Memebox)- Used as a toner and quite liked it. A bit too expensive to rebuy, but I would consider getting it from Peach and Lily if I had a discount code. And about twenty fewer toners in my stash.
Nuganic Customize Pore Control Essence - Seemed to blur my pores a bit so I used it before makeup. Could have just been my imagination though.
Pure Smile Powder in Refresh Sheets

Deluxe Samples
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask - Sticky and just ick. 
Amika Nourishing Mask (Birch Box) - Second sample of this, and I really like the smell but doesn't seem to do much.
Boh Radiant Youth Amouple Essence (Memebox)
Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Mask (Birch Box) - Meh
Glamglow Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment - Found it weird that there was only enough for one use in here since most of the Glamglow tubes have several uses in them, but it was ok. I don't really have a place in my routine for it since I use individual items for dual cleansing. 
Naobay Body Radiance Lotion (Birch Box)- It was ok, but didn't like the lemony scent.
Pur-lisse Put Moist - As with all of their products, I loved it. Glad I have a full-size in backup.
Gilchrist and Soames Body Lotion (Birch Box)
Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod Body Wash (Haute Look Beauty Bag)
Cover FX Calming Primer
Skin & Co Sicilian Light Serum (Birchbox)
Skin Medica Dermal Repair Cream (Blush Beauty Box) - Smelled like cake batter! So weird. Felt nice though.
Boscia Tsubuki Cleansing Gel - Ick! Hated the overwhelming smell and wasn't a fan of the texture either.
N4 Hydrating Shampoo (Birch Box)
LJH Vita Propolis Amouple (Memebox) - Really liked it and I'm considering picking up another bottle of it when I run out of facial oils.
Soy Bio+ Lumpoule (Memebox) - Lots of people love this, but I didn't really notice any effects.
Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub - WAY too harsh for facial use! I only used this on my body and I still think it was way too harsh. Don't understand this product at all.
Batiste Original Dry Shampoo - Really liked it and I plan to buy it again when I run out of my Psst.
Shower Mate Red Fastasy Shower Gel (Memebox) - Smelled like straight up perfume. Worked ok, but the smell was a bit too much.
Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen - This is weirdly thin and liquidly but works well and absorbs quickly. 
Great Barrier Island Bee Co Manuka Honey lotion (Birchbox) - When I tried using this on my hands, they felt tight really soon after. Didn't like the scent either.
Vasanti Brighten Up! (Birchbox) - Quite liked this exfoliator and think I'll pick up a full size soon.
Perlier Shea Butter Lotion (Birchbox) - Another lotion I didn't really like. Couldn't even finish this one. Liked the scent but it still left my skin feeling tight afterwards. Guess I need more moisturizing lotions.
H20+ Marie Cleansing Gel - Second sample I've used of this and still like it, but won't buy the full size since I think it's a bit expensive for what it is.
Epice Purifying Exfoliant - Really nice, and a lot like the Vasanti Bright Up in texture.
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser - This dried out my face like crazy so I started only using it on my body. 

Fragrance Samples
Rainbow Honey Rose Rollerball (Rainbow Honey) - Love this stuff. Wish they sold it!
Harvey Prince Hello! (Birch Box) - LOVE!
Harvey Prince Ageless (Birch Box) - DOUBLE LOVE!

Foils

Obliphica Treatment Hair Serum (Birch Box) - Didn't seem to do much for my hair.
Nude Cleansing Jelly - Thought this was an actual cleanser, but I think it's actually a makeup remover? Regardless, did not use it correctly at all. 
100% Pure Honey Cream Wash in Gingerade
100% Pure Kelp and Mint Volumizing Shampoo
Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser - Smelled AWFUL! Couldn't get it off my face fast enough.
Natural Style Deep Conditioner and Co-Wash (Beauty Box 5) x2  - Made my hair nice and soft!
Mario Badescu AHA & Ceramide Moisturizer - This might have worked for me when my skin was oilier, but now and during winter it just dried it out like crazy.
Cremorlab Smooth Pudding (Peach and Lilly)
Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel (Peach and Lilly)
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Cream - Smelled like pickles. No joke. I just don't have much luck with Fresh products...

Davines Replumping Conditioner & Shampoo (Birch Box) - My hair felt AMAZING the day after I used this. I have another sample I am going to use and see if it was just a fluke, but if not I will really consider buying.
The Body Shop Drops of Youth
N4 Hydrating Conditioner (Birch Box)
Hask Argon Oil Mask (Beauty Box 5) - The first time I used this I liked it, but this time it didn't seem to do much.
Palan Crysence Shampoo & Treatment x2 (Memebox)

Masks
Skinfood Rice Wash Off Mask - Ugh, I really do just hate this "mask". Looking to give the rest of them away.
Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask - On the other hand, I LOVE this one!
The Face Shop Lip Mask
Purederm Nose Pore Strips in Chocolate
ToBeNang Snail Nutrition Hydro Gel Mask
Innisfree It's Real Manuka Honey Mask
Innisfree It's Real Green Tea Mask
Lassie'el Kiwi Brightening Yogurt Massage Mask
Dr. Skin Leader Effect Plus Essence Engergizing
Missha Real Essential Ceramide Sheet Mask
Missha Real Essential Deep Sea Water Mask - Not much essence in either of these. Quite disappointed. Apparently Missha just can't make face masks.
Bioxidea Miracle 48 Excellence Gold Mask - This was so terrible. I couldn't even get it on my face in one piece, because it kept ripping! I ended up just having to piece it together, and even then it didn't really have any essence to speak of. For how expensive they are, it just sucked. And I have three more to get through!
Lovien Pure Hydrogel Mask Pack - Just ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
December 2014 empties!

84KEzFIl.jpg

• Gilchrist and Soames body lotion.  Tacky feel, weird scent.  Purchase: No
  • SK-II Signs eye mask. I like the sheet mask ecosystem but this was not spectacular enough to justify the price. Repurchase: No
  • Irish Spring. A shower staple for my husband.  Repurchase: Yes.
  • Eslor firming day cream. Liked the way this made my skin feel.  No SPF and didn't play well with my sunscreen. Very pricey. Repurchase: No
  • Skin Inc anti-aging serum. Contained hyaluronate and collagen, but I've acquired better serums since. The bottle's ben repurposed.  Repurchase: No
  • L'Oreal brow pencil. Dried out.  I much prefer brow powder.  Repurchase: No
  • Topricin. A homeopathic handwavey flim-flam woo-woo cream for muscle pain.  Any effect this had was placebo.  Purchase: No.
  • Phyto Phytobaume Hydration conditioner.  Good, but not good enough for the price differential between it and my usual conditioner.  Repurchase: Probably not.
  • Aqua Universalis. Did not like the smell of this.  Purchase: No.
  • The Body Shop Ginger scalp care shampoo.  The smell of this evokes happy memories.  I wish they'd reformulate it so it can be sold in CA.  Repurchase: yes even if it's illegal.
  • Ayres body butter.  Liked the scent, a little similar to Lush's Jungle.  I'm overstocked on butters and lotions.  Purchase:  Maybe later.
  • Mizon Snail Recovery Gel cream.  I have 5 or 6 tubes of this in my stash.  Repurchase: Yes.

UiRHzssl.jpg

• Philip B pH Restorative detangling mist.  Detangled all right but I'm not a fan of the apple cider vinegar scent.  Worked quite well on "I've been sick in bed for 48 hours" hair knots.  Purchase: Possibly.
  • Lush The Strokes hair moisturizer.  I had been hoarding it ever since Lush discontinued it.  For, um...
U6QfU5vm.jpg

... 8 years or so.

• Dove clinical protection antiperspirant. Works best if you apply it before bed.  Good at what it does but it's time for a change.  Repurchase: In a while.
  • Living Proof Restore shampoo. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't notice a difference.  Purchase: No.
  • Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner. My go-to conditioner, I have at least 3 tubes in storage.  Repurchase: Always.
Not pictured:  3-4 sheet masks and some foil samples.

December finishes

Full size

MUFE foundation -liked. My 2nd favorite foundation.

Lancôme renergie face cream-it was ok.

Nexxus shampoo - love

Philosophy porefessional - like but still looking for my HG in this category

Deluxe samples

Jouer matte tinted sunscreen -liked a lot. Would repurchase in the future when I run out of this type of product

Vasanti -ok. Would repurchase in the future when I run out of this type of product

Bare minerals prime time primer - not my favorite

Sea rx face scrub-liked a lot. Would repurchase in the future when I run out of this type of product

Liz Earle face wash- like a lot. Would repurchase in the future when I run out of this type of product

Soap not radio body wash - nothing super special. Would not repurchase. Other equally good options for less money are available

Purity face wash -love. Will repurchase in the future when I run out of this type of product

Benefit eye cream - nothing special. But to be fair, I've never found an amazing eye cream

Foil

La fresh makeup remover wipe -ok.

Hairkop x4- liked wouldn't repurchase

Davines shampoo-I like it. I have a ton of shampoo and conditioner to get through. Probably wouldn't repurchase as there are other options I like better for less money. But I enjoy this when I get it in sub boxes.

Davines conditioner - same as above

Loreal shampoo, conditioner, leave in cream- just ok. Love getting to try new shampoo/ conditioner samples that are sulfate/paraben free though.

December Empties. Not the best month for me but I tossed a lot so yay?

FULL SIZE

Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base HG status, working though a couple other ones now but I do have a backup thanks to Santa!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Will always rebuy

Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand Soap in Farmstand Apple Smelled good but I feel like the foam soaps dry my hands out and this one was particularly bad.

Bath and Body Works Wallflower in Marshmallow Fireside Smelled good but throw level was crap.

L'oreal Youth Code Texture Perfecter Can not live without this stuff, like seriously. Never. My skin goes NUTS without it.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Clean and Classic Original Love Batiste, liked this scent. Would re-buy. 

Bath and Body Works Shower Gel in Wild Apple Daffodil This was fine, smelled like every other B&BW scent. Not apple or daffodil (do daffodils even smell?). Typical generic fruity floral, but I liked it.

DELUXE

Josie Maran Argan Hand Cream in Vanilla Apricot Ok as a hand cream, scent was a little off for me? It smelled kind of dusty or something? Wouldn't re-buy.

Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream Eh. Didn't work better than the normal drug store stuff I use, feels expensive for what it is, don't think I'd buy it again.

Laneige Multi Action Cleanser Again, it was fine, didn't break me out but wasn't amazing either. Probably wouldn't buy it. 

Fortune Cookie Soap Whipped Cream in Jello Surprise Love the whipped cream formula, but not this scent. It smelled like jello salad, which I guess was the intention, but it was weirdly lime-y and I'm not too into lime.

Bath and Body Works Pocket Bac in Dancing Waters Love these, will always have them. Like this scent and it's neutral enough that my husband can use it without whining he smells like a girl. 

FOILS/SINGLE USE

Doctor Bonner's Pure Castile Soap in Peppermint LEMME TELL YOU A STORY. So the sample girl at Whole Foods gave me this and was singing its praises and going on about how you can use it for ANYTHING! Body wash, face wash, shampoo, dish soap. So I think ok I'll try this in the shower. This made me BURN like omg I literally thought my armpits were about to start on fire. It was absolutely AWFUL. Apparently you're supposed to dilute this stuff before using it on your body. THANKS WHOLE FOODS GIRL FOR THAT IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEGLECTED TO TELL ME. Will not buy and would not wish on my worst enemy. A W F U L. 

Derma Doctor KP Duty Yah it's lotion? No opinion.

Eve Lom Rescue Mask This thing was AMAZING. Made me super super super soft, love love love. It's expensive but I may buy it once no buy is over.

L'occitane Immortalle Precious Cream or whatever its ridiculous name is Worked nicely, didn't break me out and made me soft but STINKY OMFG STINKY. Hated the smell. So much. I have a deluxe size to get through, would not buy.

Sally's Box Delight Ceramide Sheet Mask Nice. Not amazing but not bad either. I enjoyed it. 

Bumble and Bumble Surf Shampoo and Conditioner It was ok. Gave me decent volume and didn't weigh my hair down but wasn't moisturizing enough for my ratchet ends.

Ole Henrickson Express the Truth Not even sure they make this anymore? It was nice, made me super soft. It's been a good skin month.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Eh. Wouldn't buy. I'm the oddball who vastly prefers silicone based primers.

Fortune Cookie Soap Shower Steamer in I Pledge Allegiance Amen x2 Sad trombone. These need stronger scent. They're ok but not as strong as I want them to be. Not sure I'd re-buy.

Kiehl's Super Multi Action Corrective Eye Cream (or something like that it's a long arse name) LOOVEEEDDD this. Might be my favorite eye cream I've used so far. Made my undereyes so freaking SOFT and nice. Will buy once no-buy is over.

TOSSED

Physicians Formula Eye Bright Eye Brightener It's white eye shadow. I never use it. Bye.

Tarte Maricuja Cheek Tint in Like Pink Hate, dries in 3 seconds and splotch fest. Nope

Sephora Outrageous Metalllic Eyeshadow or something in Metallic Bronze I actually kept 2 other ones of these (silver and beige), I just didn't like this one.

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Breaks me out, why I kept this for over a year I am unsure on.

Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Spice Old, smelled really bad.

UD Naked BB Cream Bad color (this was the one from before they made different shades), super orange.

Sephora + Pantone Eclipsed eyeshadow palette Palette is a stretch for 3 colors, Sephora. Broken, so the green got into the tan so it looked muddy and gross. Not worth it to attempt a salvage, I think I used it twice before my cat broke it.

Sephora Dark Star Eyeshadow Nothing but glitter, I have enough glitter.

Skinny Girl Plumping Lip Gloss Ridiculously sticky. It was a dollar. Yeahok.

Bare Minerals Foundation Again, breaks me out, not sure why I ever kept this.

Bath and Body Works Body Spray in Madagascar Wild Vanilla This was a gift. I freaking hate vanilla. 

Stila long wear lip color in Adorable This is just a truly atrocious color on me. 

Bite Lip Gloss in Cocoa and Honey Smelled gross. 

Pacifica Lip Tint in Blood Orange Also smelled gross.

Revlon Color Burst Lipgloss in Bordeaux Again with the expired lip products. This is becoming a problem.

Dolce and Gabanna Eyeliner in Gold OKAY. This was legit the WORST eyeliner I have ever used. This pained me because it was full sized, used once, and it's D&G. I got this in a point perk from Sephora. But, it's ridiculously hard, it seriously hurts my eyes to use it. Time to toss it.

Hard Candy Single and Loving it Eyeshadow in Attraction

UD Lip Junkie in Naked

UD 24/7 glide on eyeliner in gunmetalThese just do not work on me, and I have silver eyeliner I like better.

Sephora Single Eyeshadow in Catherine

Suki Face Scrub completely dried out

Mario Badescu Aloe Face Lotion Breakout city

Benefit Bad Gal Lash This mascara was open for over a year. No thank you.

L'oreal Test Foundation Wish I knew what this was because I kind of liked it! Color was off though.

Anika lip gloss I think my mother in laws friend makes this?? MEGA old.

Wet and Wild Balm Stain in Think Pink Am I the only one these turn bright fuschia on? Like it starts a nice pink, but the "stain" is bright ass fuschia. No.

Lip Smackers Lip Balm in Smores Treat

Hard Candy Ombre Lipstick in Cheerful If someone can tell me the point of this thing, I'll glady listen. Looked freaking ridiculous on me, but I also have a tiny little mouth so maybe if you don't have a mini mouth it would look cool?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......And this is why I'm on a no buy.Felt good to throw stuff out, but how much money did I just trash. Hundreds. Ridonkulous. Here's to a successful no buy so my empties list grows!!! 

December Empties!

IMG_3267.JPG

Full Size

1. BBW Plum Moscato & Almond Shower Gel 10 fl oz 295ml-I liked this scent (the BBW employee recommended it) and it was perfect for fall.  If it comes back next year I would repurchase.

2. BBW Plum Moscato & Almond Triple Moisture body cream 8 oz 226g

3. BBW Watermelon Lemonade candle 14.5 oz 411g-I did not like this scent.  It smelled too strongly of lemons and made the inside of my nose hurt.  Would not buy.  It did have amazing throw. You could smell this thing everywhere!

Deluxe Size

1. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Sheer Hydration 1 fl oz 30ml- got this in the WM beauty box and I found it to be too liquidy and did not provide enough moisturization for my winter skin.

2. BBW Coconut Cabana Anti Baterical Hand gel 1 fl oz 29ml- I love these.  I have one in my purse and one on my dogs leashes.  This scent was not my favorite.  It smelled very artificial.  

3. Bliss Grapefruit & Aloe Body Butter 1 fl oz 30ml- this was ok.  Nothing amazing and nothing I would go out of my way to repurchase as I feel there are other body butters that offer better hydration and less greasiness than this one.  Bliss is one of those brands for me that all the products from them I have tried are meh.

4. Crest Complete whitening with Scope 0.85 oz 24g-did not like this (I do not like overly minty things and Scope is pretty minty) would not rebuy.

5. Dermadoctor Shrinking Beauty Body Lotion 1 fl oz 30ml- did not like this.  Sample is too small to test its claims and the lotion is yellowish brown (like a BB cream) and had a weird smell.  Would not buy.

6. LA Fresh Travel lite oil free makeup remover wipes 8 count-used these on my trip.  Did the job but nothing amazing.  I bought these from BB shop with points to get me to free shipping or make up the difference in using a coupon code to use points lol

7. Philosophy Loveswept Body Lotion 1 fl oz 30ml-this had a nice smell.  Not very moisturizing though.  Would not repurchase as I would rather have a lotion that rehydrates me than smells nice.

Foils

1. Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing oil gel 0.085 fl oz 2.5ml-I used this on my trip as the face wash I brought was breaking me out.  This stuff cleared up my face and works amazing but the smell!  I have a small one I am going to use up then will have to decide if the amazing benefits outweigh the icky smell.

2. Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Shampoo & Conditioner 0.28 fl oz 8.3ml each-this was pretty horrible on my hair.  Made it feel dry, crunchy and seemed to dull the color.

3. Hairkop Essence Obliphica Professional Treatment conditioner 1.01 fl oz 15ml-this stuff was ok.  I hated the scent but it made my hair soft, shiny and not as poofy.  Even my hairstylist asked what I was using as she said my hair was so soft, shiny and "healthy."  I told her I got it from my beauty box sub and would take a pic to show her next time lol

4. LA Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser 1 wipe- this was in my purse for removing swatches after Ulta or Sephora.  This removed my arm full of swatches of the KVD Interstellar palette.

5. Lancome Lip gloss in Just strass-it was ok.  It is a clear sparkly gloss that I used over my UD revolution lip stick samples.  I would likely not purchase as it is $27 and I am sure there is a drug store gloss I could buy as a topper for a lot less with similar results.

6. Nivea Cocoa Butter body lotion 0.14 fl oz 4ml- got this in my WM beauty box.  Not gonna lie this sample was too small to even use on 2 legs. Barely any product in there and what was in there was not enough to leave an impression.  I did not even get a coupon so am unlikely to buy the larger size

7. Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish .14 oz 4ml- also used this on my trip.  It was ok.  Does not have the camphor smell that the lotion has and the grit is fine and non irritating.  Took some work to get off my face.  Would likely not repurchase.

Perfume

1. Clean Warm Cotton- I want to think I like "fresh, clean" scents but I hated the way this smelled on me.  Like dryer sheets but smellier.

2. Escada Joyful-I enjoyed this and got a compliment from the person at 24 hour fitness signing me up for a membership!  If I did not have a million samples and full size bottles to use I would buy!

3. Harvey Prince Eau Flirt-this was light, fresh, slightly floral.  Ok

4. Justin Bieber .05 fl oz 1.5ml-this was sweet and fruity.  Did not like enough to ever want to repurchase

5. Liv Grn Natural-ugh this smelled so horrible on me.  Like overripe bananas

6. Prada L'eau Ambree-this was strong and musky.  Pass

7. Tokyomilk/Dark La Vie La Mort-this is not a scent I would ever pick for me but I enjoyed it 

8. Viva La Juicy Gold Couture .05 fl oz 1.5ml- I am undecided on this scent.  I liked it and did not like it but cannot pin point what about it made me dislike it.  I will continue to try any samples I come across to see what it is about this I dislike as I usually like the Juicy fragrances so I am suprised that this rubs me the wrong way.

9. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck .04 fl oz 1.2ml- sweet, fruity not for me.

Tossed

1. elf Volume plumping mascara-this stuff did not give volume or plump.  And if memory serves it smeared pretty bad.  To the trash it goes!

2. Kat Von D trooper eye liner-I think I used this up as the color is very light and the tip is pretty shredded.  It is my favorite black marker type eyeliner

3. Sample of sunscreen I got from a race I ran.  This thing over heated, went bad or something and ruined like 3 things in the makeup bag it was in, in my purse :(

4. Lens towels x2-got the sunscreen on them and had to be trashed.

Overall not a bad month but not as good as I wanted to do.  I think January will be a hard month to get empties as I do not have a lot of things close to empty and have been using or giving away a lot of samples!  I will do my best!

Items used up in December:

Full Size:

• Crest Be Dynamic Lime Spearmint Toothpaste - I got hooked on this after testing for BzzAgent. Love it!
  • Keims Peppermint & Macadamia Body Wash – loved this
  • From the Lab AM/PM Cleanser No 586 – didn’t care for this
  • Garnier Olia Haircolor - seems like it was ok. It didn't smell awful and seemed to cover my grays ok. Time will tell if my hair holds the color or not.
  • Vitabath Exfoliating Sugar Scrub - a nice, moisturizing scrub. Pretty thick so it was a bit difficult to get out of the tube.
  • Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream - this is super thick and moisturizing. Too much so for the face since it feels mask like to me, but on my hands, knees and elbows it worked wonders.

Deluxe Size:

• Amika Nourishing Mask – love this mask.
  • Ojon Advanced Hair Treatment Rare Blend Oil - works well. It's a pain to get it shaken up enough to fully incorporate the ingredients.
  • Wella Professional Smoothing Oil - a little heavy.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo  – okay.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Wash – I liked this one.
  • Molton Brown Bracing Silverbirch Bodywash – smelled really nice. I think it’s probably intended to be a man’s scent, but I used it and liked it.
  • Essential Elements Shower Gel - loved this! Very minty and refreshing!
  • Proper Elderflower soap – used to clean my make up brushes and sponges. Didn't work as well as most hotel soaps I've tried, so not really impressed.
  • Camille Beckman Tuscan Honey Glycerine Hand Therapy – loved the scent, loved how rich it was. Very nice!
  • Tocca Bianca Hand Cream – This was the tube of hand cream that I kept in my desk at work and I wasn’t a fan. Loved the scent, but it was just a bit greasy which ended up getting on my computer. Ick.
  • DTRT Face to Face Foam Cleanser - this came in birchbox man, but my hubby wouldn't use it so I did. It worked well to remove most of my makeup, but it was just a teensy bit drying. I wouldn't purchase.
  • Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask - wow...this was awesome! I think I will be purchasing these. I really could see a difference in the fine lines under my eyes. They were papery, so they stayed on my face better than some brands I've tried.
  • Loreal Test Facial Serum #960 and #965 - I couldn't tell them apart, lol. I did like them though. They were fast absorbing and non-sticky.
  • Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion - ok. Too many lotions in my stash to even think of purchasing.
  • Bliss Firm, Baby, Firm Dual Action Lifting and Volumizing Serum - I've never used a volumizing facial product before, lol. It was ok...nothing special.
  • Make Up For Ever HD Setting Powder - I really like this one and will likely repurchase at some point, but I have a ton of setting powders to use up.
  • Tarte Lipsurgence Lipgloss - I received this in one of the Sephora bonus bags and put in the car for touch ups. It was a fairly small gloss and I was able to use it up with about 4 weeks of daily use. Not really any color payoff, but it was good for keeping the lips moist. I have another one that I will likely stick in the car as well.
  • SeaRx Microdermabrasion Face and Body Scrub x 2 - I liked this ok.
  • Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate - I liked this fairly well.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - I like this fairly well. It smooths out my face and makes my make up go on smoother.
  • Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base - this was ok as under my foundation. Not anything I'd purchase.

Foils/One time use:

• John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo & Conditioner - ok.
  •  Loreal Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner - ok.
  • Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner - ok.
  •  Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo – doesn’t lather as much as I like, but it is sulfate free.
  • Agave Healing Oil x 2 – smelled good and worked well in my hair.
  • DevaCurl One Condition – huge foil packet; love this conditioner.
  • Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls - another huge foil packet; got a lot of use out of it...worked well for me.
  • Curl Keeper Ultimate Hold with Frizz Control – works ok
  • La Fresh Antiperspirant Wipes x 2 - smelled horrible. No easier to use than regular deodorant. Wouldn't purchase.
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - very moisturizing. I have another deluxe size of this and will be using it when it gets really cold out.
  • Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Lotion - ok
  • Garnier 5 Sec Blur Skin Renew Instant Smoother x 2 – liked this
  • Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum x 2 - ok.
  • Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer – this was a great concealer. I may buy when I’m out.
  • Bare Minerals Pure Brightening Serum Foundation - not a fan.
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Raisin Rage, Wine with Everything & Blushing Mauve – great colors for me and long lasting formula. I won’t need lip products for years, but I could see getting this someday.
  • Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation - I liked this quite a bit. I may look into it one day.
  • Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation x 3 - This was a pretty decent foundation. I have a ton of foundations to use up, so I doubt I'll be in the market to purchase soon, but I'll keep this one in mind.
  • It Cosmetics CC Cream - didn't care for this. It didn't last long on me and seemed to settle into my pores.
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - This is my go to eye shadow primer. I like this better than any others I've tried.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - I like this fairly well. It smooths out my face and makes my make up go on smoother.
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser - love this cleanser. Very gentle but effective.
  • Davines Oi Absolute Beautifying Potion - a great hair oil. Smells nice too. I can see myself purchasing this with birchbox points.
  • Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge Rescue and Protect Eye Balm - not a big enough sample to see any results; felt nice though.
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash - smelled terrible (but then again, tea tree oil smells terrible). It left my lips numb and was kind of tingly.  I wouldn't purchase, but for one time use, got the job done.

Perfume Samples:

• An unlabeled perfume sample - I liked the scent; unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what it was, lol. It was green...
  • Atelier Cologne Amber Nue - very nice.
  • Marchesa Parfum D'Extase - It was ok...not my favorite.

Tossed:

• Wen Sweet Almond Mint Texture Balm – made my hair look greasy.
  • Benefit Eye Bright Pencil - I liked this well enough, but I got a couple of different brighteners in sub boxes that I like a lot better.
  • LMDB Peau Vierge Lash Growth - I just can't get into using it. It's just clutter at the moment.
  • Lush Santa Lips Scrub - expired before I could use it up. I wasn't as fond of this one as I am Mint Juleps.
  • Loreal Test Mascara 346 - used it for 3 months. I really liked it except I had to scrape so much off the brush before I used it. I loved the brush and my lashes looked great as long as I could get some of the product off. I don't know if I had a tube that didn't have the little scrapper thing built in, or if that's the way it was supposed to be.
  • LMDB Eyeliner Pencil in Tamarack - I have other brands that are very similar in color that I like a lot better. This was not creamy and tugged at my eyes.
  • Nivea Olive Oil & Lemon Lip Balm - not moisturizing enough.
  • The Naked Bee Lip Balm - not moisturizing enough.
  • Estee Lauder Beautiful - I did not like this at all. Usually I'll try to go ahead and use up a perfume sample, but I just couldn't tolerate this one.

......And this is why I'm on a no buy.Felt good to throw stuff out, but how much money did I just trash. Hundreds. Ridonkulous. Here's to a successful no buy so my empties list grows!!! 
Good job on throwing out so much trash though! It always gives me a better appreciation of all the options I have in my stash that I need to be using instead of whatever has been sitting in my Sephora cart. Also, that is so crazy about the peppermint thing! I guess it makes sense that it did that since peppermint is quite abrasive to the skin, but they really should have explained how to use it.

Foils

1. Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing oil gel 0.085 fl oz 2.5ml-I used this on my trip as the face wash I brought was breaking me out.  This stuff cleared up my face and works amazing but the smell!  I have a small one I am going to use up then will have to decide if the amazing benefits outweigh the icky smell.
I'm saying this because I feel quite strongly about it: It's not worth it! Ha, that smell was so awful. There are just too many other amazing oil/oil-gel cleansers out there to keep using one that smells so repulsive to me.

December empties- all full sizes except the shampoo and conditioner!

• St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer: It’s perfect, non-greasy, doesn’t clog pores, basically everything I can want in a moisturizer since I’m not concerned with SPF.
  • Yes to Grapefruit towelettes: These are my least favorite of the Yes to towelettes I’ve tried. They are large wipes, but they are a little textured and abrasive.
  • Yes to Coconut towelettes: My favorite of the towelettes; however, they are really small in comparison to the others from the line. I really like this scent but on top of them not being the same size as the rest, my Ulta doesn’t carry them so I probably won’t repurchase. 
  • Revlon Quick Dry top coat: I love this topcoat! It is definitely the longest-lasting topcoat out of every brand I’ve ever tried, but it does not really strike me as particularly quick drying. I do need to thin it out with Orly thinner when I use it but when I have time and want a mani to last, this is what I use.
  • Bath & Body Works French Lavender and Honey bubble bath: Pretty basic bubble bath, but I love this scent! 
  • Neutrogena Triple Repair shampoo and conditioner (travel sizes): I used these over a few days and I liked them more than I thought I would.  Didn’t dry out my hair or make it greasy.
  • Almay Oil-Free makeup remover pads: I go through one of these almost every month. I do my eye makeup before my foundation, since I use loose eyeshadow that is prone to fallout, and these make it so easy to clean up quickly and get on with my makeup in the mornings.
  • Alchemic Muse bath bomb in Apple Lavender: I loooved using this bath bomb! It was perfectly scented and left the water so fragrant and moisturizing.
  • Indigo Wild Zum bar soap in Lavender Citrus: Obviously I’m on a huge lavender kick. I saw this at a local country store and got a bar of the goat’s milk soap. It was a hit at my house! Winter weather, furnaces running and hard water make this time of year horrible for my skin and this was awesome soap. 
So I got through a lot of full sized bath and body products. I'm hoping to have more makeup empties this month!

December Empties

Full Size

Philosophy Lemon angel food cake shower gel-I can say I am over Philosophy products.  I got this at TJMaxx.  Beyond the status of buying it, it really isn't any more special than the stuff I get at Walgreens or Target.  I'm over spending that much for shower gel.  This did smell really good but didn't last long on my skin.

Epsom Salt- Lavender- Walgreens.  Awesome for using as a foot treatment.  Skins melts right off.  Will repurchase.

Clear Scalp and Hair Shampoo- HG status.  This is a miracle for my scalp.  Prevents buildup and itchy scalp.  Whenever I think I can go without using it for more than a few days in a row, my scalp rebels.

Neutrogena Cleansing wipes (pink grapefruit)- I didn't care for these.  They felt to harsh for my skin.  I like to use wipes to take off my eye makeup and when I did with these, they burned.  Won't repurchase.

Suave Sweet Pea and Violet body lotion- I got this a few years ago.  Had been using it sporadically.  Did a pretty decent job.  Would repurchase again.

Skintimate shave gel

Pantene Color Preserve conditioner-this was a jumbo size.  Was glad to get done with.  Decent product.

BBW Wildberry Freesia foaming handsoap-Nothing special for me.  Would I repurchase, sure.

Suave Everlasting Sunshine body wash-Loved the scent of this.  Nice and light. Would repurchase.

Covergirl Lash Blast length Mascara- I have no idea if this product is old or what but it was super dry upon first use with the wimpiest brush I have ever seen.  Did nothing for me at all.

Hello Flawless powder foundation by Benefit- I really like this product.  I have tried lower priced ones because I don't exactly love the price on this, although I usually purchase this thru BB for next to nothing.  I ordered this one thru BB and it arrived shattered.  I sent them an email and figured they would tell me to go pound sand.  They sent me a replacement, that one also arrived shattered but I never emailed them back.  I hope in future shipments they package it better because US mail is not kind to this but I am always impressed by BB's customer service.  Keeps me coming back.

Yankee Candle in Salted Caramel- not great throw.  I guess I'm just partial to BBW candles because this one disappointed.  Smelled great up close but pretty worthless otherwise.

BBW wallflower in Pumkin sugared doughnut x2- Loved the scent.  Contemplating getting more.

Deluxe Size

Peter Thomas Roth blemish buffing beads- I liked the lemon scent to this and found the beads to be the perfect size.  If I could find this in the same size I would repurchase.

​L'Occitane ultra rich face cream-I have had this for some time.  I've never really been impressed with it.  I'm pretty sure it's turned by now, it smells vaguely like cinnamon.

Satin Care shave gel

Juice Beauty repair CC cream- BB item- I finally used this.  Felt way to thick. Used it when walking the dog, forgoing having to put real makeup on.  Smelled off.  If that's how all Juice products smell, I have no interest in trying more.

Foils

Kate Sommerville Age Arrest anti wrinkle cream-Loved this!  Wasn't expecting anything but my skin felt so soft the next day even after I had washed this away.  I'm pretty sure this line is spendy.  Would love to get it if I could find a deal on it.

Tossed

Olay total effects face cream- old, smelled like it had turned.

Dove go fresh body spray-got this free, never used.  Taking up space.

Coastal scents quad shadow BB item-colors are awful. Never used.

BAB quad- Bora Bora-hate this brand.  I'd look like a hooker if I used these together.  Cannot, will not make this work.

Sally Hansen Magnetic nail polish- graphite- Picked this up for a dollar.  Awful coverage.

I thought this month would be better.  I guess I say that every month.  I used up a fair amount of full size products so I am happy about that.  I think I may focus on hair care items for January.

I never got around to posting my November empties, so this is a combo of November and December empties (although the vast majority are from December).

Full Size

- Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Wash - This was really nice.  A little bit lathered up really well, and I liked the coconut scent of this.  Would repurchase in 2027 when I run out of my existing stash of body wash and soap.

- Freeman Pear Facial Refining Cleanser - This was a good drugstore face wash.  The scent was pleasant, and I felt like my face got clean without that tight feeling.  Would repurchase.

- Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub - I liked this.  It’s less harsh than Ocean Salt and has a pleasing slightly citrusy smell.  This is pricey but would make a nice treat for myself in the future.

- Lush Wiccy Magic Muscle Bar - I love this.  It’s very soothing on sore muscles, and I really like the scent.  I have another one on the way.

- Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes - My HG and a staple product.

- Nad’s Facial Wax Strips - Best at home waxing strips I’ve found.

- Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry - Got the job done.

- Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream in Light to Medium - I love this product, but it started to get a little too dark on me.  I think I’ll repurchase for the summer.

- Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes - This make my feet feel refreshed and have a nice light peppermint scent.

- L’Oreal Color Vibrancy Nourishing Conditioner (24.5 oz) - I’m glad this is gone.  This is the giant bottle, and I just got tired of using the same thing over and over.

- Freeman Bare Hands Nourishing Hand & Cuticle Cream - This was another great product for the price.  The lotion absorbed into my skin without feeling greasy, and the scent was not overpowering.  Would repurchase.

- Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub - This was another good product for me.  The exfoliation was not too harsh, and I love the grapefruit scent.  Would repurchase.

- Fortune Cookie Soap Green is the New Black Body Wash - I liked the scent of this and the lather was just fine.  One big pet peeve is that the label completely faded away after a few uses.

- Butter London Handbag Holiday Cuticle Oil - I liked the scent of this.  The product was a little hard to get to as I got to the bottom of the bottle.  There are other cuticle oils I like better.

- Lush Helping Hands Solid Hand Lotion - This lasted forever!  The scent leaned a little “hippie,” but I liked it.

- Lush Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb - Love love love this!

- GK Hair Taming System Serum - This was a great hair serum.  Lightweight but effective.  I would repurchase if I found it.

- Julep Kajal Liner - I liked this for days when I wanted a black eyeliner that wasn’t too black, if that makes sense.

- Smashbox Gel Eyeliner in Onyx -This worked great for me.  It glided on smoothly and was a nice deep black.  Would repurchase.

Deluxe Size

- Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Hair Spray - This worked well for me.  It helped with humidity without making my hair too stiff.

- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - This was a little meh for me.  I don’t really care for the exfoliator products that ball up on your face.

- Benefit They’re Real Mascara - One of my favorite mascaras.

- Nails Inc. Caviar Top Coat - This was a nice top coat, but I’m partial to Julep’s Freedom Top Coat.

- Philosophy Hope in a Jar - I hated the smell of this.  Really really hated.

- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - I was really excited to try this, but I was disappointed in the formula.  It was a gloppy mess for me each time I used it.

- Whish Shave Gream in Acai Grapefruit - I liked this a lot and purchased the full size.

- The Body Wash Vanilla Bar Soap - This came in a gift set, and I used it as a hand soap.  It was a nice light vanilla scent.

- Gap So Pink Eau de Toilette - This was a throw back scent for me.  I love the scent but it had no staying power.

- Caudalie Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum - Nothing special to me.

-theBalm Stainiac - I love this formula and color.  Would repurchase.

Foils/One-Time Use

- Paula’s Choice Best Face Forward Foundation - I bought a sample pack from Paula’s Choice that included four different shades as I’m in the market for a new foundation or BB cream.  I found a color that worked for me, but the formula left my face feeling a little too greasy.

- Ahava Dead Sea Osmoter Concentrate - This was a good serum.  Light and not too sticky.

- Lush Ocean Salt Preservative Free - This is definitely less harsh than the original.  I will eventually buy a full size Ocean Salt!

Masks

All of these worked well unless otherwise noted.

- To Be Nang Snail Nutrition Hydro Gel Mask

- Etude House Olive Deep Moisture Mask

- Tonymoly I’m Real Avocado Mask Sheet

- Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

- My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask

- Freeman Star Fruit Facial Purifying Paper Mask

- Freeman Blue Agave Facial Hydrating Paper Mask

- Hask Monoi Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner

- Lioele Perfect Essence Mask Brightening Orange Water

- Pure Smile Essence Mask Pearl

Perfume Samples

- Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Queen - This was a great scent for fall.

Tossed

- Urban Decay Lip Junkie Gloss in Obsessed - This formula didn’t really work for me, and I found the mint scent too overwhelming.

- Be a Bombshell Bora Bora Quad - I have all of these colors in indies.

- Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - This dried out before I got a chance to use it.  Adding water didn’t help, so I had to toss.

- Beauty Addicts Express St. Tropez Lip Gloss - This was a weird brown color on me.

- Temptu S/B Highlighter - Try as I might, I could not get this to work for me.

@@CurlyTails - where did you get the Nads Facial wax strips? I have the bliss ones and they don't work that great. I am going to try them again but, would like to find something else that may work better.

I am going through my stash with lightening speed.  Here are my latest 10 products.

DELUXE:
Bliss Grapefruit+Aloe Body Butter - This was nice.  If I run out of lotions, I would repurchase.  But, running out doesn't seem to be in the future.
Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - I don't see any difference between other eye primers as far as staying power goes.  But, I do not see eyelid dryness like I get with the UD primers I have tried.
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Liar - Loved this color and the formula worked well for me.  I will repurchase.
Olay Fresh Outlast Body Wash - I got this in White Strawberry.  It was a bit too sweet smelling.  I have decided I don't like sweet scents.  I may grab another one to try if the other scents are more appealing.

FOIL:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - This was a one use primer and my makeup looked great the day I used it.  So, I just repurchased a deluxe size to give it a bit more of a try. 
Philosophy Back to Nurture Replenishing Moisture Crème - I loved how this felt on my face.  Moisturized and soft. I was able to use it for two days and think I want more.  But, its $65.00.  So, I have to get through everything else before I plunge.
Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel - I like the smell of this.  It goes on like a gel as it states.  Its that tacky moisturizing feel.  I like it but, not sure I want to repurchase.
Laura Mercier foundation primer - This is a non silicone primer.  It has that more moisturizer feel going on. My makeup looked good with this one.  I was able to use it multiple days and I am happy with it.  Definitely one of the noticeably better ones for me.

Perfume Vial:
Marc Jacobs Daisy - I did not like this. 

Full Size:
Eyeko London Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner - This went on easily and the fine tip made a straight line a breeze.  However, I am more of a smudge girl and black eyeliner is not my preference.  If I got this brand in another color I would be happy to try it again.

Ok everyone, here is my used up list for the past couple of weeks. 

Davines Replumping Shampoo packets x2 - from Birchbox Dec 2014. I actually liked this product. I got a dupe from my second Birchbox account and I needed both for one wash because my hair is very long. I have somewhat thick hair but it can go flat at the front and top and this was a good shampoo to give that model-esque volume. I especially liked it with the Replumping Superactive potion. May purchase. 

Davines Replumping Conditioner packets x2 - from Birchbox Dec 2014. As above. I also enjoyed the moisturizing quality of this conditioner and the scent was mild. 

Not Soap, Radio Body Wash Joy - sample from Birchbox. I had heard great things about this product but I was not overly impressed. It did not lather too much for me and, although the scent was nice, it was not anything remarkable. I don't think I will repurchase. 

Folle de Joie Eau de Perfume 2 ml Vial - I like this perfume. I have managed to get about 4-5 vials of it somewhat or another and usually put one in my clutch when I go out. It is a sophisticated citrus scent. May not repurchase anytime soon since I have so many vials but maybe one day. 

Agave Healing Oil Treatment packet - Birchbox. I think I got 3-4 uses out of this sample and I really did like the consistency and scent. I may repurchase this once I run out of the current hair oils I have which are Beauty Protector at the moment. 

Whish Shave Cream Shaving Cream in Pomegranate - Sample size from Birchbox - I think I got 2-3 uses out of this. I honestly do not know what the hype is with this product. The scent is undetectable and the formula is so waxy and builds up in my razor. Yuck. Will not repurchase. 

Bath and Body Works Champagne Toast Wallflowers Home Fragrance refills x 2 - I loved this scent. Smelled like a sparkling daiquiri of some sort but not too fruity and very festive. I love using these scents during the appropriate seasons. Yay! Will always repurchase these refills in various scents. 

Dove Go Fresh Nutrium Moisture in Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena Scent 24 fl. oz- I am embarrassed to say how long it took for me to use this product. It feels like you are using lotion in the shower. Not sure I like that. Will not repurchase. 

Sebastian Shaper Original Formula Hairspray 10.6 oz - I got this at Ulta on Sale for $5 but it retails for about $18. I liked the formula. It is light-weight and does not weigh hair down or make hair crunch. Perfect for loose soft hair styles. I felt I wanted a slightly stronger hold but loved everything about this spray so I repurchased it in a stronger hold formula and love it. Bonus is that I got it on sale again! YAY!

Sebastian Volupt Conditioner 50 ml - I liked this conditioner well enough but did not notice it added more volume and am not sure if it is sulfate-free, which is what I prefer. Not sure I will repurchase. 

Bath and Body Works Hot Buttered Rum 3 wick candle. I finished this candle over Christmas and I loved the sweet scent. I think this scent has come back a few times and I have gotten it several times so I will likely get it again next season. 

I meant to post this yesterday, but I fell asleep early!

Last week's empties:

IMG_9316.JPG

Skin79 BB cream - This was just okay. I would use it again, but won't seek it out to buy it.

Borghese mascara - I really liked this. It wasn't very dramatic but gave me good subtle length.

Lashem Eye Bright - I liked this. My dark circles have been a lot better lately but I don't credit it all to this...but it didn't hurt!

YuBe skin cream - This was okay, I've used up a ton of tubes of it, I like it for my feet and elbows.

Real Chemistry peel - This was okay, I've used better peels but it performed okay.
Estee Lauder night serum - I didn't notice any real benefits from this over any other serum, but it felt nice.

Verite All in One cream - This was a nice, light moisturizer. It worked well but not magic. If I got it in another memebox, I would use it, but I won't buy it alone.

Snowberry Face Serum - This wasn't great, I didn't care for the smell.

Couture LaLa perfume - Not my cup of tea.

It feels good using up a handful of samples each week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back