The official used it up thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
December Empties

Full Size:

Dial Coconut Water body wash - love the scent, would repurchase

VS Pear Glace body spray - one of my favs

BBW foaming hand soap in Malibu Sunset - would repurchase

CVS Nighttime Cleansing Towelettes - favorite makeup remover wipes at the moment

Juice Beauty lip gloss in Pink - just ok, probably wouldn't repurchase

Anastasia Brow Wiz - HG brow product

Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara - would repurchase 

Revlon Cream Shadow quad in Not Just Nudes - wouldn't repurchase 

Deluxe:

Stila Lip Glaze in Merry Merry - wouldn't repurchase 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - not my favorite 

BBW body lotion in Rainkissed Leaves - wouldn't repurchase 

Urban Decay Deslick - would repurchase 

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask - ok, wouldn't repurchase 

Perfume (vials):

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black 

Especially Escada 

Prada Candy 

December empties pictured! Also not pictured: 1 oz Josie Maran Argan Oil, Tarte Marajuca Eye Cream, Korres Wild Rose Face Cream and John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner. 

IMG_20141224_004929.jpg

December 2014

I have a lot this month, I used up a bunch of my hair products and quite a few samples!

Full Size

Bath & Body Works Winter Cranberry Foaming Hand Soap - The scent was nothing special but I love the new formula. SO creamy and even less drying. I know the antibac properties are gone, but that is a placebo anyways so.

UD Chill Setting Spray - Tried this because it is supposed to help control your surface temp (I am SO hot and SO sweaty all the time) but it didn't work at all. In fact, I'd say as a setting spray it worked WORSE than De-Slick, which also didn't work at all. I won't be buying these UD sprays any more, they are too expensive for what they do.

Bath & Body Works Malaysian Pomegranate Foaming Hand Soap - Apparently washed my hands a lot this month. Not a fave, I don't like pomegranate scents at all.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer "Light1 Chantilly" - I love this concealer. I use it under my eyes and to spot conceal. I've never experienced problems with wearing or creasing, but you do have to be careful how you apply it. More than the formula though, I LOVE this color which is light enough and neutral enough I can wear it year-round. Most concealers get too dark for my undereyes, especially in winter! Already repurchased.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream - My fave moisturizer for under makeup. My skin looks so dull without it that I feel like I have to add tons of highlighters to give me a "glow". The moisture in this is just right, too. Not so greasy but not drying. Love it, already repurchased.

L'Oreal Lock It Weather Control Hairspray - I never used this in humidity but it worked well for the price ($2.99) that I paid. I would repurchase if I could get that deal again, because it held well. Not the best, but not the worst, either!

Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar and Fig Shower Gel - One of my favorite fall scents, I've had this or a couple of years now. The shower gel was almost gone so I used it up pretty quick so I could get rid of it. I will repurchase eventually, when I move through some of my stash.

Tarte Maracuja Oil - I really love this facial oil, and it took me bout a year to use a full bottle, averaging 4 drops a day, so I think it is a good value. However, I am not going to repurchase ATM because I have a bunch of deluxe samples, and I want to buy the Josie Maran Argan Milk to try this year, since I have loved samples of that. But I do recommend this!

Bioinfusion Daily Volume Shampoo - I had been working through a gallon (it felt like) of shampoo when I decided I didn't want to use sulfates or parabens on my hair anymore, so I picked this one up at the drugstore because it was inexpensive. I have others I like better now, but this worked nicely for the price and never made my hair fall out which is important.

Blum Naturals Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Towlettes - The ones I always use. I went a week without these and my skin rebelled like Lucifer against Heaven. Never again.

Schick Intuition Razor Blade - I never mention these but I thought I would because I am the laziest person ever and these Intuition blades with the built-in moisture are lifesavers. I probably wouldn't shave if I didn't have these.

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Extreme - Very, very lengthening, not so much volume. I didn't like it on its own, but paired with the mascara below, it became my favorite combination I've found so far.

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara - This is a really great drugstore mascara, one of my favorites. It is mostly lengthening with some volume, which is what I look for. Pair that with the lengthening Armani mascara and I had eyelashes like a horse. That sounds wrong...

Benefit Gimme Brow "Light/Medium" - Is okay. Not terrible. I think it is quite overpriced but the product works well enough. I am not buying it right now, but I may in the future if I don't find something better.

Deluxe Samples

Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier - I liked this. I especially liked that there were so many benefits, including sun and heat protection, in one product. I'd buy full size but the price and the fact that I am not really a "hair" person puts me off it. Good product, though.

H20+ Marine Toner - A product I love but won't buy, what a conundrum. I love this toner, it is so gentle and alcohol-free. But I don't use toners daily, only on occasion, so no need to purchase a full size.

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask - I liked this. I will definitely consider purchasing this, based on the price. I didn't see any results, but it felt nice and my under eye felt tight and less puffy.

Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer - This wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I mean, I used the whole sample but I wouldn't purchase. I can't put my finger on it but it just isn't what I am looking for.

Benefit Cha-Cha Tint - I don't like these, and wouldn't buy it. The end.

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix - It's hard to tell how well this is working since it takes one entire sample to set my whole giant face but if I were to buy an upmarket setting spray again, I'd buy this one next.

Dior Addict IT-Lash - Hated it. HATED it. I hated this more than the Benefit They're Real so that is saying something. SO dry, pokey wand, impossible to use. Looked like crap. Yeah, no.

Foil Samples

LUSH Trichomania Shampoo - It took me longer to figure out how to use a solid shampoo than I had sample to use, so I don't think I got a very clear idea on whether this was a good product or not. I might go to LUSH and see if I can't get another sample.

Kat Von D Unlock-It Makeup Remover Wipes - As usual took every stitch of makeup off, and as usual burnt the crap out of my eyes. I won't buy these but I love the samples for travel.

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate - I am not sure what this serum is supposed to do but I want to buy it because I like the word "Ultimune". Regardless, I probably won't, not unless I can try some more samples.

Fresh Age-Delay Eye Concentrate - I LOVE this but it runs $85 and the one I chose instead works just as well for less. But I am a huge fan of Fresh and I think their anti-aging products are very nice.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel - Too expensive for something you can buy at the drugstore, but I love the consistency of this product.

Benefit PoreFessional Agent Zero Shine - One application and I wasn't checking on it until like, 12 hours later so hard to tell but methinks this is mostly gimmick and won't be purchasing.

Lancome Genifique Yeux Youth Activating Eye Cream - This was nice and I liked the feel of it, but it is too pricey for me at this time, especially when less expensive products work as well.

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream - I've purchased this in full size. The rpice was right, I think it has been working well and there was a nice gift set at Christmas. I like this one a lot.

Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer - I love the way this feels and smells. I've been using it as a daily moisturizer but I won't purchase a full size since I like The Body Sop one better.

Fresh Soy Face Cleaner - It is what it is. It cleansed. It rinsed clean, which I really like, but I prefer oil cleansers to soapy ones like this. It didn't burn my eyes, though, and it smells so good, so I'd consider buying this in full size.

Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream - I am really enjoying Clarins skincare right now, so I would totally buy this day cream. It's on my list. I love how smooth and non-greasy it is.

AmorePacific MoistureBound Rejuvenating Cream - This is my fall-back face cream. I have so much of this in sample size I will likely never have to buy full size. AmorePacific is fantastic though, one of my faves.

Sephora 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation - I am including this because I opened it, but I couldn't wear it. The color 30 Sand was so dark it was ridiculous. It was too warm for contour and I didn't do any bronzing so...  I tried it on my hand, though, and it felt nice. I might ask for my own color to try next time I am at Sephora.

Alterna Repair Lengthening Hair and Scalp Elixir - I did not like this at all. It didn't feel like it worked and it left my hair feeling weighted down with product. I wouldn't buy the full size.

Josie Maran Argan Milk - Love the consistency and moisture of this. It doesn't feel as oily as a pure facial oil, or sit on your skin. Although I don't have problems, I do have combo skin, so I like that this absorbs quicker, and plan to buy the full size.

Tossed

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 - Picked this up on sale when it was being reformulated last year and liked it for a while. But I never could get over the smell so I stopped using it. Fast-forward a year and I am preeeety sure the SPF fctor is dead, so out it goes. Not much left anyways.

Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar and Fig Body Lotion - This one had started to turn, so once the shower gel was gone, I tossed it. There is about a half-inch of product in the bottom but it smells bad.

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash - Was from Glossybox, I think. Didn't like, never used. Tossing.

Anatomicals Your Nose Smells Rose Body Cleanser - I LOVED the smell but this wash was super, super drying on my skin. I couldn't use it more that twice and that wasn't even in winter. I can't even imagine how drying it is in winter.

Restorsea Revatalizing Eye Cream - Useless, worthless, did not work. Shall I go on? I used this for two months, hoping to love it and never saw one single result. In fact, my undereyes got WORSE inn that time. Good bye.

Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter - Found this while I was rearranging and it has completely gone off. Whoops. I like this product though, I would repurchase.

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish - This has also gone off but I wouldn't repurchase. Not a fan.

That was a lot. I am really tired, it took forever to type this. I apologize for any mistakes!

@@Shalott can I ask what eye cream is working for you as well as the Fresh stuff? I have been completely and totally in love with every fresh face product I have used, particularly that eye cream (and the black tea mask) but that crap is so flipping expensive....

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Shalott can I ask what eye cream is working for you as well as the Fresh stuff? I have been completely and totally in love with every fresh face product I have used, particularly that eye cream (and the black tea mask) but that crap is so flipping expensive....
Yep! I am really like the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream! In the past I used the Creme Ancienne, but I always felt like I got the maximum benefits about halfway through the jar - it seemed like such a waste. I've been using the Shiseido for about three weeks and already I see a difference in elasticity and fine lines (that came back with a vengeance when I tried that crap Restorsea) as well as moisture levels. I don't suffer from dark circles, but I do have puffiness that this doesn't help with, unfortunately (the Fresh Black Tea does, but it doesn't help with the fine lines as much, so it is a trade off).

Plus I think the fact that I see benefits AND it costs about $50 (not cheap, but not nearly as much as Fresh) pales in comparison to the fact that the Shiseido doesn't burn my eyes! They all do, even the Fresh did, by the end. So I will definitely be using the Shiseido for the time being. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a TON of samples from Sephora before I decided to buy, so definitely try it out if you can! I am going to try more products from the entire line, because I liked everything I got in sample.

Yep! I am really like the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream! In the past I used the Creme Ancienne, but I always felt like I got the maximum benefits about halfway through the jar - it seemed like such a waste. I've been using the Shiseido for about three weeks and already I see a difference in elasticity and fine lines (that came back with a vengeance when I tried that crap Restorsea) as well as moisture levels. I don't suffer from dark circles, but I do have puffiness that this doesn't help with, unfortunately (the Fresh Black Tea does, but it doesn't help with the fine lines as much, so it is a trade off).

Plus I think the fact that I see benefits AND it costs about $50 (not cheap, but not nearly as much as Fresh) pales in comparison to the fact that the Shiseido doesn't burn my eyes! They all do, even the Fresh did, by the end. So I will definitely be using the Shiseido for the time being. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a TON of samples from Sephora before I decided to buy, so definitely try it out if you can! I am going to try more products from the entire line, because I liked everything I got in sample.
I love that Shiseido eye cream. I had a coupole samples that lasted me a long time, but it's the first eye cream that I actually bought the full size of. After just a few uses I could see a difference. It's too greasy for me to use during the day, but using it just at night still really improves my lines.

I finished two mini Stila lip glazes, in kitten and apricot. They only had a few uses left each, so I decided to get them out of my collection.

December Empties. Not the best month for me but I tossed a lot so yay?

FULL SIZE

Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base HG status, working though a couple other ones now but I do have a backup thanks to Santa!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Will always rebuy

Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand Soap in Farmstand Apple Smelled good but I feel like the foam soaps dry my hands out and this one was particularly bad.

Bath and Body Works Wallflower in Marshmallow Fireside Smelled good but throw level was crap.

L'oreal Youth Code Texture Perfecter Can not live without this stuff, like seriously. Never. My skin goes NUTS without it.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Clean and Classic Original Love Batiste, liked this scent. Would re-buy. 

Bath and Body Works Shower Gel in Wild Apple Daffodil This was fine, smelled like every other B&BW scent. Not apple or daffodil (do daffodils even smell?). Typical generic fruity floral, but I liked it.

DELUXE

Josie Maran Argan Hand Cream in Vanilla Apricot Ok as a hand cream, scent was a little off for me? It smelled kind of dusty or something? Wouldn't re-buy.

Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream Eh. Didn't work better than the normal drug store stuff I use, feels expensive for what it is, don't think I'd buy it again.

Laneige Multi Action Cleanser Again, it was fine, didn't break me out but wasn't amazing either. Probably wouldn't buy it. 

Fortune Cookie Soap Whipped Cream in Jello Surprise Love the whipped cream formula, but not this scent. It smelled like jello salad, which I guess was the intention, but it was weirdly lime-y and I'm not too into lime.

Bath and Body Works Pocket Bac in Dancing Waters Love these, will always have them. Like this scent and it's neutral enough that my husband can use it without whining he smells like a girl. 

FOILS/SINGLE USE

Doctor Bonner's Pure Castile Soap in Peppermint LEMME TELL YOU A STORY. So the sample girl at Whole Foods gave me this and was singing its praises and going on about how you can use it for ANYTHING! Body wash, face wash, shampoo, dish soap. So I think ok I'll try this in the shower. This made me BURN like omg I literally thought my armpits were about to start on fire. It was absolutely AWFUL. Apparently you're supposed to dilute this stuff before using it on your body. THANKS WHOLE FOODS GIRL FOR THAT IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEGLECTED TO TELL ME. Will not buy and would not wish on my worst enemy. A W F U L. 

Derma Doctor KP Duty Yah it's lotion? No opinion.

Eve Lom Rescue Mask This thing was AMAZING. Made me super super super soft, love love love. It's expensive but I may buy it once no buy is over.

L'occitane Immortalle Precious Cream or whatever its ridiculous name is Worked nicely, didn't break me out and made me soft but STINKY OMFG STINKY. Hated the smell. So much. I have a deluxe size to get through, would not buy.

Sally's Box Delight Ceramide Sheet Mask Nice. Not amazing but not bad either. I enjoyed it. 

Bumble and Bumble Surf Shampoo and Conditioner It was ok. Gave me decent volume and didn't weigh my hair down but wasn't moisturizing enough for my ratchet ends.

Ole Henrickson Express the Truth Not even sure they make this anymore? It was nice, made me super soft. It's been a good skin month.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Eh. Wouldn't buy. I'm the oddball who vastly prefers silicone based primers.

Fortune Cookie Soap Shower Steamer in I Pledge Allegiance Amen x2 Sad trombone. These need stronger scent. They're ok but not as strong as I want them to be. Not sure I'd re-buy.

Kiehl's Super Multi Action Corrective Eye Cream (or something like that it's a long arse name) LOOVEEEDDD this. Might be my favorite eye cream I've used so far. Made my undereyes so freaking SOFT and nice. Will buy once no-buy is over.

TOSSED

Physicians Formula Eye Bright Eye Brightener It's white eye shadow. I never use it. Bye.

Tarte Maricuja Cheek Tint in Like Pink Hate, dries in 3 seconds and splotch fest. Nope

Sephora Outrageous Metalllic Eyeshadow or something in Metallic Bronze I actually kept 2 other ones of these (silver and beige), I just didn't like this one.

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Breaks me out, why I kept this for over a year I am unsure on.

Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Spice Old, smelled really bad.

UD Naked BB Cream Bad color (this was the one from before they made different shades), super orange.

Sephora + Pantone Eclipsed eyeshadow palette Palette is a stretch for 3 colors, Sephora. Broken, so the green got into the tan so it looked muddy and gross. Not worth it to attempt a salvage, I think I used it twice before my cat broke it.

Sephora Dark Star Eyeshadow Nothing but glitter, I have enough glitter.

Skinny Girl Plumping Lip Gloss Ridiculously sticky. It was a dollar. Yeahok.

Bare Minerals Foundation Again, breaks me out, not sure why I ever kept this.

Bath and Body Works Body Spray in Madagascar Wild Vanilla This was a gift. I freaking hate vanilla. 

Stila long wear lip color in Adorable This is just a truly atrocious color on me. 

Bite Lip Gloss in Cocoa and Honey Smelled gross. 

Pacifica Lip Tint in Blood Orange Also smelled gross.

Revlon Color Burst Lipgloss in Bordeaux Again with the expired lip products. This is becoming a problem.

Dolce and Gabanna Eyeliner in Gold OKAY. This was legit the WORST eyeliner I have ever used. This pained me because it was full sized, used once, and it's D&G. I got this in a point perk from Sephora. But, it's ridiculously hard, it seriously hurts my eyes to use it. Time to toss it.

Hard Candy Single and Loving it Eyeshadow in Attraction

UD Lip Junkie in Naked

UD 24/7 glide on eyeliner in gunmetalThese just do not work on me, and I have silver eyeliner I like better.

Sephora Single Eyeshadow in Catherine

Suki Face Scrub completely dried out

Mario Badescu Aloe Face Lotion Breakout city

Benefit Bad Gal Lash This mascara was open for over a year. No thank you.

L'oreal Test Foundation Wish I knew what this was because I kind of liked it! Color was off though.

Anika lip gloss I think my mother in laws friend makes this?? MEGA old.

Wet and Wild Balm Stain in Think Pink Am I the only one these turn bright fuschia on? Like it starts a nice pink, but the "stain" is bright ass fuschia. No.

Lip Smackers Lip Balm in Smores Treat

Hard Candy Ombre Lipstick in Cheerful If someone can tell me the point of this thing, I'll glady listen. Looked freaking ridiculous on me, but I also have a tiny little mouth so maybe if you don't have a mini mouth it would look cool?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......And this is why I'm on a no buy.Felt good to throw stuff out, but how much money did I just trash. Hundreds. Ridonkulous. Here's to a successful no buy so my empties list grows!!! 
Aww! I love vanilla; too bad we're not neighbours. Sometimes reading these lists (like the last two pages - wow ladies!) makes me feel it's not such a bad thing that I'm not subscribed to any boxes. It looks like the sample collection can get really wild; but it's so neat to have many things to try! OK. No enabling. Congrats on the no buy! I feel you on lip products - they just start going bad at some point, and it reinforces the point: "I probably don't need more until I finish these or have to toss all of them!" When one I really like goes, it's a sad occasion. Why didn't I use 'that one' more?

In terms of the peppermint Dr Bronner's, yeah, um... I use that product to wash my toilet! (I mix it with baking soda and some vinegar.) Peppermint essential oil is pretty strong, and even a very mild mint I have in a shaving cream is.. refreshing! They have a whole line of different scents; I think the unscented, almond, or baby formulas are much better, diluted, for washing the body. If the sample girl had ever tried the stuff, she would have warned you!

Oops forgot to do my December empties! Here we go--products I finished and thoughts on whether I'd repurchase:

Full size:

• Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie: Loved this for an easy swipe of color. Just wish it wasn't sparkly, but it isn't too noticeable. Will probably repurchase in the future! (Oops already did before my no-buy)
  • Too Faced La Creme lipstick - Spice Spice Baby: Really liked this formula--very emollient.This color was nice but not amazing. But it went SO fast once I started using it consistently--I needed to reapply a lot. Given this, not sure it's worth the price.
  • Ole Henriksen Truth Serum: My HG morning serum!
  • Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream: This was okay, but not my absolute favorite. Very hydrating, but slightly funky smell.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleanser: I like this a lot, but it can be a bit drying in winter. Already repurchased and will open up once my skin is less dry (or starts acting up acne-wise)
  • L'Occitane Shea hand cream (the HUGE full size): My HG! The huge full size is a much better value, so I buy that for my nightstand.
  • AG Conditioner: I really liked the AG curly hair shampoo/conditioner combo! I still am using the shampoo with another (worse) conditioner, and I really am noticing the difference. I might buy again!
  • Lush Twilight Bath Bomb: SUCH a pretty concept (goes from pink to blue to grey, like twilight!). And I love the slower fizz out--lasts a while. I think I'll save this one for not-winter though--I prefer the more moisturizing ones in winter.
  • Lush Cinders Bath Bomb: Lovely scent, but not quite moisturizing enough for me. I might try combining bath bombs with part of a bath melt in the future, since I seem to keep having this problem!
  • Lush Rose Jam Bubbleroon: One of my favorite Lush treats! Will definitely buy again (and again!).
  • B&BW Pumpkin Gingerbread three-wick candle: Loved this scent but wish this had better throw when lit. I like when the BBW candles fill up the whole floor with their scent! Buuut I already repurchased at the $8 sale...couldn't resist!
  • B&BW Cinnamon Frosting three-wick candle: Oh mannnn I loved this scent. It had a ton of throw when lit too. I (might buy) it again even though I have a huge candle stash! (already did, again at $8 sale)
Deluxe size:

• Bliss 24-Heaven Body Butter: Moisturizing, but kind of hard to rub in. Probably would not purchase on my own!
  • Dr. Jart BB Dis-A-Pore BB Cream: Not my favorite Dr. Jart. Too grey maybe? Would buy others over this. 
  • Origins GinZing eye cream: A bit brightening for the morning, but didn't do anything for fine lines.
  • John Freida Curl Mousse: Used to be my HG curl product, but now I'm not so sure. But need to get through backups first!
  • Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Butter - Fancy Bread: Didn't like this scent as much as I thought I would. But I do love the HoG pumpkin butter formula!

Foil:

• FAB Face Cleanser: Meh not my favorite.
  • Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser: I was surprised by how much I liked this! I might buy as my gentle cleanser in the future.
  • Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream: See above
  • Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo/conditioner: Not my favorite, but I'd get another sample for traveling.
  • Macadamia shampoo: Love the Macadamia line for my curls!
  • Caldrea Tea Olive Lime body lotion: Meh, didn't like the scent.

@ I also think Lush's bath bombs mostly leave a lot to be desired in the moisturizing department. I have bath bombs from The Salty Jellyfish on Etsy that are soo moisturizing, but they don't have the special effects that Lush's bombs do. I also like Oak Street Soap on Etsy for bubble bars that are moisturizing, as well as Alchemic Muse.  They are all on Etsy and the shipping always is really high at first, but typically you get refunded a few bucks for overages when the store actually makes your label and ships it. 

@ I also think Lush's bath bombs mostly leave a lot to be desired in the moisturizing department. I have bath bombs from The Salty Jellyfish on Etsy that are soo moisturizing, but they don't have the special effects that Lush's bombs do. I also like Oak Street Soap on Etsy for bubble bars that are moisturizing, as well as Alchemic Muse.  They are all on Etsy and the shipping always is really high at first, but typically you get refunded a few bucks for overages when the store actually makes your label and ships it. 
Thanks for the recs!! I did incorporate a $50 budget for bath products into my 100 days no-buy rules...haha. It is funny, because I first tried Lush last May--and I loved the bath bombs then! Through the summer and fall, they were perfect for a relaxing and fun-looking/smelling bath. But now in the dead of winter, with my skin so parched, I need the extra moisture! I just used a Lush bath melt tonight actually and really enjoyed how moisturizing it was, so I think I will stick to those in the winter months. Or try out those other companies!

So here are my empties for my first 10 days of my 2015 no-buy.  My goal was to use up 10 products and I went way over that so I am really excited!

Full Size:

Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Body Wash (34 fl oz.): This stuff was really great!  It was a huge size, but I have tons of body wash so I probably won't repurchase.  I go through body wash like water, especially ones that are really moisturizing.

Vichy ProEVEN Daily Eye Corrector Dark Circles and Spots Eye Cream (.5 fl oz.): I got this as compensation for a L'oreal product testing a long time ago.  I used it a lot but then I started to forget about it.  I pulled it back out so that I could finish it off.  It didn't really do that much for my eyes, I probably wouldn't purchase it.

Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil (1.7 fl oz.): I have had this for about 2 years.  I used a lot of it and then was saving the little bit left in the bottom for some stupid reason.  It's a really great oil and I have two deluxe samples to use up.  I might purchase at some point once I use up all my other moisturizing things (which may never happen).

Deluxe Samples:

Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer in Fair to Medium (2 fl oz.): I just started using this on my arms, neck, and chest.  I always use a darker shade when I purchase moisturizers like this because I find that the fair to medium shade doesn't do that much for my skin.  Since it's winter it worked pretty well and I was able to use up the whole tube in about a week which is kind of fast.  Thank goodness I have tons of tanning lotions.

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Sweat Deodorant (.5 oz.): This deodorant was pretty good, nothing special though.  I don't really sweat that much so I don't usually buy clinical strength.  Probably would not repurchase.

Secret Odor Protection Outlast Deodorant (.5 oz): This was in my travel bag and I brought it home over break, I used up most of it so I just brought it home to finish off the rest of it.

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Thickening & Strengthening Mousse (1 oz.): This mousse was pretty good.  I don't really think it is worth the extra cost that comes with fancy hair care products.  It worked about as well as my Suave mousse.  I guess I don't really use mousse enough to know what good mousse does.

Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover (.84 fl oz.): This was also in my travel bag and only had about a couple uses left in it, so I figured I'd finish it off and put a different sample in my travel bag.

Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream (.7 oz.): I got this sample for free and I found that it really didn't do anything at all.  My stretch marks will probably never go away.

Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste (.85 oz.): Toothpaste, deodorant, and body wash are the things I use up most frequently.  I have tons of toothpaste samples to use up and then I'll buy a full size.  

Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion with SPF 30 (.17 fl oz.): I went through this super fast. This was one of the moisturizers my dermatologist recommended I try.  It worked pretty well but I find that moisturizers without sunscreen work much better on my skin.

Supergood Eye Cream SPF 37 (2 ml): This sucked.  Straight up.  It made my under-eye area white and sunscreen-y.  It didn't blend well at all.  I'm glad I finally finished off this sample.

Caudalie Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum (.06 fl oz.): This serum got finished up in about 2/3 uses.  I don't have any wrinkles, I'm 20 but I like to use anti-aging things since I have so many of them.  It felt very nice on my skin, I layer it with other moisturizers.

SeaRx Anti-Wrinkle Serum (Birchbox Sample): I had heard that this was supposed to be similar to the Shisheido Serum that I loved, but it definitely didn't feel the same on my skin. I suppose this is related to the lack of silicones in it.  But I liked it, and it is a fraction the price.  Maybe I'll purchase it someday.

Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream (.1 fl oz.): I love this stuff.  I already bought the set from Birchbox that had samples of all the Dr. Jart BB Creams.  I definitely recommend all the versions that I have tried.

Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Wash (1.35 fl oz.): I actually didn't get this from Birchbox, I got it from a hotel.  It was average, nothing special. I have to use up body washes so it was useful, but I wouldn't buy it.

Tossed:

Makeup Remover Wipes from Dollar Tree: These dried out and were really not that impressive when I started using them.  Only had about 5 left (out of 40).  Not bad for a dollar, but not something I need.

Lancome Defincils Mascara (full-size): I think I used most of it up or it dried up.  This is a good solid mascara. I have a couple of them from L'oreal testing.

Two Sephora Samples of Foundation: I've had these for a long time!  These are the samples that someone working there made for me.  Yikes, I need to use these up faster, they aren't supposed to last a long time.

Laura Mercier Foundation Sample: This is another little sample in a little pot.  It's solid now.  Gross.

Some stuff my friend gave me from Guatemala (Kura-Kura Pomada): It is some sort of anti-biotic stuff her mom said would help my skin.  It is starting to look a little nasty in the tin and I hardly ever used any of it.

Colgate Optic White Mouthwash (8 fl oz.): This stuff was alright, but I found it in the bottom of a drawer (half full) so I went to use it and it tasted disgusting!  I had to brush my teeth again, it was so gross.  Probably shouldn't keep mouthwash for over 2 years...

So I used up 16 and tossed a couple.  Pretty good 10 days for me.  Hopefully these next ten days will be just as successful.  If only I was able to finish off makeup easier.  Throwing away things is also really weird for me! I like to finish things, not give up half way.  But I'm finding that sometimes I need to toss some things.

Here's what I used up this week...a decent week. :)  I finally feel like I'm making a dent in some of my little skincare tubes... DANG YOU UPLOADER FOR ROTATING EVERYTHING.

IMG_9949.JPG

Coastal Scents Liquid Black Soap - This was a giant bottle and it took me ages (literally a year and a half) to use up. It was pretty good! I still prefer Shea Terra, but for the price, this was good. I actually like the bar soap version of Coastal Scents' black soap better than the liquid (and am using a huge block of that up now.)

Kat Von D foundation sample - The sample was too dark for me (or maybe just too warm/yellow) but it had crazy coverage. Won't buy, but was fun to try.

Jesse's Girl liquid liner -  Love this liner, sad to see it go. I wish this was available near me.

purminerals CC cream- I didn't like this. It was a bit too orange, had not much coverage, and I think it contributed to a big breakout.

Alterna Caviar CC cream - This was okay, no better or worse than any of the other similar hair creams/treatments I have. 

pharmagel Glyco-8 AHA treatment- I like this and have another tube to use. It helps speed up exfoliation.

Caudalie Premier Cru the cream - I really liked this, it made my skin feel great, but it is CRAZY expensive so won't buy.

Origins GInzing eye cream - This is a really great eye cream...helps me look more awake in the mornings!

Haus of Gloi Eggnoggin perfume oil - This smelled good, just like eggnog, in the vial, but my body chemistry hated it and it smelled like diaper rash ointment on me. I finished it off in my tart warmer. The only HoG I haven't liked at all so far..won't rebuy, not fond of going around smelling like I have diaper rash.

Juice Beauty stem cellular moisturizer - Just okay. It made my eyes water and might have made me break out. Not a favorite.

Perlier White Almond body butter - I really loved this! I used it on my hands and it made them so soft...would like more, but need to use up my other lotions.

Ok ladies here are my weekly used up products:

Bath and Body Works - 3 wick candle in Cinnamon Caramel Swirl. Amazing!!! I have been really impressed with BBW fall and winter scents lately. Currently working on Banana nutmeg bread. 

Epicuren Tropical Lave 8.4 fl oz. Full size - I got this from a Popsugar special edition box. I think this brand is hard to find. I liked the smell a lot. Very tropical. I used it during the summer and into the winter to keep me feeling like I was still on a summer getaway. It is a great body wash but from what I have researched, I don't think I would pay retail for it. Would repurchase on sale or in a gift set. 

Sebastian Volupt Shampoo 50 ml - I used the conditioner version of this and enjoyed it but did not feel there was anything that absolutely wow'd me. I feel the same about the shampoo. Smell was good. Not sure about price point vs other comparable brands. 

Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 15 ml - I love this moisturizer. The scent is divine and it is very moisturizing and works well with my make up regimen. Bonus is the high SPF content. I will repurchase once I use up some of my other moisturizers. 

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling cream 10 ml packet- I love this stuff and have a few other packets to use. My sister told me it was invented by some Harvard students. Not sure if that is true but this hair cream works well for me. I think the next best one is Hair Caviar for me. 

Xen Tan Face Tanner Luxe 15 ml - I love face self-tanners in the winter. They keep my winter vacation glow going and are much better than sun damage of course. I love Xen Tan! I works well for medium to tan complexions. No orange streaks and no major scent. Will repurchase. 

St. Tropez Bronzing Lotion Face Self Tan - 5 ml - This was a new sample for me. I loved it. I have the body spray on self tanner and am excited to try it. No bad odors and noticeable results with just one use. Will repurchase. 

Empties for the first half of the month!

• Organix Teatree Shampoo full size: I've bought this many times and my scalp problems have since cleared up. I probably won't rebuy this since I've replaced it with Herbal Essences tea tree shampoo, which is less harsh.
  • Haus of Gloi bubbling scrub in Rosy Cheeked mini: This bubbling scrub is the perfect winter scent, to me. Grapefruit, juniper and fir smell incredible together, and the formula of this soap is a dream.
  • Bath & Body Works body wash in "Sleep" lavender vanilla mini: I used this as bubble bath, and it was very soothing. I think this scent has been around for a while, and I would buy again. 
  • Urban Decay B6 vitamin spray mini: About a year ago I used up one of these, and I was just as disappointed then as I was this time. This spray didn't do anything for me. I used it after I washed my face in the morning, to prep my face for makeup, and it didn't cause any discernible change. 
  • Rainbow Honey hand sanitizer gel in Frozen Flame: I love the Frozen Flame scent! I got several items in this scent in a mini mystery bag (I've already used up the rollerball perfume) and this hand sanitizer was the next item to go. 
  • Peter Thomas Roth mega rich body lotion: Honestly I think I got this mini size in a hotel. It was odorless and moisturized well but I wouldn't buy it. 

I fell off the bandwagon in December. My goal was to combine December and January empties, but hopping on that bandwagon is proving tough as I haven't been good about keeping track of things. My revised goal is to list what I did log for December and January and then start fresh with February.

I wasn't sure I would ever get to 10 used up products.  Its been slow going but, I think its because I have a lot of full size items.  I much prefer deluxe just because I get soooooo bored.

Full Size

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara - I really liked this mascara.  If I had to purchase something right now, this would be it.  But, alas, I have a number of others to get through.

Origins Ginger Souffle Body Cream - I don't like Ginger.  I hate cooking with it too.  So, all I could think of was stir fry when I applied it.

Naturally Fresh Deodorant Lavender - This was my first attempt at Deodorant only.  I am trying to give my pits a break in the non sweaty months.  This lasted  forevah!  I could not wait to finish it.

Origins A Perfect World Antioxidants with White Tea - I have lots of Origins due to their great deals.  This is a nice cleanser.  But, honestly, I can't tell the difference between their cleansers. 

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioning Cleanser - Bottle #3.  Moving on to the Tea Tree scent.

Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Crème - My husband bought me this.  Its like Vaseline for the feet.  I hate the feel of it.  I had to wear my socks when I applied it.  I couldn't throw it out.  The guy tries but, just yuck.

Deluxe:
Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Boy oh boy, I don't know any other product I have given 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.  It just makes me feel like my inner eye lids get dry and crinkly.  I have one more sample in Sin.  Not sure I will have a different result but, I will give that one a try too and if it has the same effect I am officially over it.

Clinique Take the Day off Makeup Remover - A GWP.  I have used a few of these.  I really liked this as my first exposure to eye makeup remover.  Since finding H2O at TJmaxx, I much prefer that one over this.  

Lush Dark Angels - My pores have seen the light of day!  I really, really like how my face feels.  I don't think it has ever been clean until I used this.   I am going to repurchase and explore more Lush cleansers.

Perfume vial:

Givenchy Very Irresistible - Floral, not so sweet.  But, still not great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 Empties! 

I used to track my empties monthly, but last year I decided to put all my empties in to a box and see what I had at the end of the year.  I just had a look.  Here are my empties for 2014.

image-15-01-15-09-15-1 (1).jpeg

Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Wipes X 7 – These are my go-to wipes, I’ve been using them for years and have never found anything I like better.

Soap and Glory Off Your Face Cleansing Cloths – These were OK, but not as good as the Neutrogena wipes.

Willa Cleansing Cloths (from Ipsy) – I don’t like these very much, I don’t feel like they removed all of my makeup.

Absolute Make-Up Cleansing Tissues (from Ipsy) - Not a fan, these did not perform well and had a strong scent of alcohol.

Agave Healing Oil Treatment samples (from Birchbox/Sephora) X 2 – Love.  I bought a full size of this after trying these samples.  It makes my hair nice, soft, and smooth.

Juara Candlenut Body Crème (from Birchbox) – sample size. - LOVE!  Thick, creamy, and great for my dry skin.  Smells so good.  If I ever make it through all my lotions I’ll be ordering a full size of this.

Beauty Protector Protect and Oil deluxe sample (from Birchbox) – It works well and smells great.

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle deluxe sample (from Birchbox) – Love this.  I was able to trade for more and use it every time I wash my hair.  This is now part of my regular hair routine.

Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Hair Mask deluxe sample (from Ipsy) – I love hair products, but this mask is not my favorite.  It made my hair thicker and it felt a bit frizzier. 

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask – travel size. – I like this.  I picked up a full size after taking this travel size on vacation.

Bumble and Bumble Straight Blow Dry – travel size. – This is HG status for me.  It makes my hair pin straight and it stays that way regardless of humidity.  After using up this travel size I picked up a full size.

Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner – travel size. – I barely remember this so it can’t have been that great.  A good amount of product is stuck in the tube.  I don’t particularly care to take scissors to it to get to the remaining product.

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil – travel size X 2 – I like this, it’s my favorite cleansing oil.  (Julep bare face cleansing oil is a close second).

Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil – deluxe sample – This was good but nothing overly special.

Q-Tips – Don’t know why I included them in the pic LOL.

Harvey Prince Hello perfume – rollerball size (from Boxycharm). - I like this fragrance, this was the size of a rollerball but in spray form.  This reminds me of another perfume that I can’t quite put my finger on.

Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume – 1.7 oz. – Like this a lot.

Aquolina Pink Sugar Glossy Shower Gel – Like this a lot too.

Aquolina Pink Sugar Creamy Cody Lotion – Like this a lot as well.

Bath and Body Works Orange Freeze shower gel – I had this in my cabinet for years!  Glad to have used it up. I like the scent but nothing too special.

Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint shower gel – This was also in my cabinet for years.  I like the smell.

St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter shower gel – travel size – This feels great on dry skin. 

The Body Shop Satsuma shower gel – travel size. – This smells amazing!  I will definitely purchase a full size.

Bath and Body Works Paris Amor show gel – travel size. – Don’t love the scent of this one, but it’s OK.

Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment – Like this. 

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 100 – Great sunscreen, have already re-purchased.

L’Oreal Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen SPF 30 – travel size. –Good.

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free UV Protector SPF 42 – deluxe sample – Good.

Whish Shave Cream in Acai Grapefruit (from Birchbox) – I like the Whish shave creams for travelling, they are easy to pack.  The fragrance and formula is not my favorite, but its fine for my travel bag.

Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere Vial – This smells wonderful.  I would like a full size.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris Aqua Universails perfume vial (from Sample Society) – I liked this at first but the novelty wore off after a few wears.

Givency Dahlia Divin perfume vial (from Sample Society) – Love this.  It smells so good.

Harvey Prince Hello Perfume vial (from Birchbox) – Like it.

Harvey Prince Cherie Blossom perfume vial (from Birchbox) - Like it.

Equate Regular Nail Polish Remover – Average.

Zoya Remove + nail polish remover – deluxe sample size. - Average

Dove Cool Moisture Body Wash in Cucumber and Green Tea - Nice

The Body Shop Chamomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover – travel size – I personally think this works better at removing eye make-up than Lancôme Bi-Facil.  I purchased a full size.

Lancôme Bi-Facil eye make-up remover - Like

Lancôme Bi-Facil eye makeup remover – travel sized X 2 – Like.

bareMinerals Instant Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover – This is not good at removing eye make-up, I would not consider repurchasing.

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil – travel size.  I like this a lot, but ultimately I prefer Josie Maran Argan Oil.

Perlier Intensive Nurturing Body Balm in Sweet Almond Milk (from Birchbox) – I LOVE this.  My favorite lotion.  Love the way it feels and smells.  Would like a full size.

Pur-Lisse Hydra Balance Moisturizer – travel size (from Ipsy) – Like this, I have another ready to use.

Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream – travel size (from Birchbox). – Like this just as much as the perfume.  It’s a nice fragrance.

L’Occitane Dry Skin Foot Cream – travel sized – Good foot cream.

Gilchrist and Soames Body Lotion – travel size – This was good for just a plain lotion.

Hempz Body Triple Moisture Herbal Whipped Body Crème – foil – Like.

YSL – Touche Eclat sample – Like.

Nars Eyeshadow Base – deluxe sample size – This did not seem good.  The tube seemed mostly dried up when I got it.

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion - deluxe sample size (came in a pallet) -  It’s great.

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion – full sized came in Sephora 500 point perk (old style genie tube) – Great.

bareMinerals Stoke of Light – sample – X 2 – I liked this enough to buy a full size.

bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eye shadow -  sample size (from Ipsy) - Love this.  I bought a full size and wear it almost daily.  Totally recommend.

Beneft Boi-ing Concealer in shade 01 (shade 02 not used) – This is a great concealer I used up another of these last year.

bareMinerals Bisque Concealer – travel size X 2 – HG for me, I use it in combination with a cream concealer.

Buxom Lash Mascara – travel size. – Like this.

Benefit They’re Real Mascara – travel size. – Like this but find it hard to remove.

Elizabeth Mott It’s So Big Mascara – travel sized (from Ipsy) – Like it.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – Like this a lot.

Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner – (from Ipsy) – This is OK but smeared a little in my outer corner.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – travel size X 3 – Great product, recommend to all liquid eyeliner wearers.

[SIZE=11pt]Benefit The Porefessional – travel size X 2 – My favorite primer, I also have a full size.[/SIZE]

Back