The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok!! New project pan since I finished 5! No pics because my phone is being wonky but....

from the original list

nyx butter lipstick in cotton candy

Goal: finish it. 85% done now, shouldn't be long

too faced cream colored ponies from the a few of my favorite things palette

Goal: finish it. Over 1/2 done.

UD Smog from the ammo palette

Goal: finish it. Probably slightly less than half left but I think I can do it!

too faced taffy from the a few of my favorite things palette

Revised goal: pan it. This is sooooo boring, it comes across satin white on my lids and I won't finish it soon so we're switching the goal to pan. Dent in it but a long way to go.

UD Last Call from the ammo palette

Revised goal: pan it. I just can not make this work with a whole lot. So pan it is. I'm probably 1/2 way to pan at this point.

new stuff

Josie Maran Argan illuminator

Goal: finish it. 3/4 empty but I am insanely guilty of "saving" this because I like it. I need to use it up, it's getting old.

maybelline instant age rewind concealer in neutralizer

Goal: finish it. Probably half done, I have 4 of these in various shades, this is my least favorite and I want it done.

Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder

Goal: finish it. 70% done, but I do NOT like this and it needs to get used or tossed so I'm trying to go with used.

Jordanna lip liner in tawny

Goal: finish it. I'm not big on lip liner and I need to use the ones I do have so I'm going to make it a point to use this.

indie sample fest

Goal: finish 5. I have soooo many indie samples and I have soooo many more coming and I need an action plan. My first 5 to use up:

1. Hello waffle Bach (I also have a full size)

2. Hello waffle Mendelssohn (full size of this too)

3. Glamour doll eyes pollution (and full size of this)

4. Backstreet makeup company gingah

5. Backstreet makeup company teenage wasteland (these 2 I love. Once I finish 10 indie samples I can buy full sizes of these once no buy is over!)

Yay new stuff!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
 In addition to the JFR lipstick palette, I am adding my tube of MAC "Fantasia" lipstick to pan out. I will top with different glosses to avoid boredom, but I want to use these things up.

Picture of progress! Trying to stay motivated

20141202_223605.jpg

Picture of progress! Trying to stay motivated
That's some great progress! I keep hearing over and over that those high bean type highlighters from benefit take forfreakingever to finish, so best of luck! Keep at it! start mixing a tiny bit with your foundation perhaps for a luminous glow when you dont want a straight up highlight... might make it go a bit faster. 

@@jaylilee thank you! It has been taking FOREVER but it's less full than when I started and I really am liking it. I will have to try the foundation idea!

2015 is almost here, and so is my list of things I want to use up. I have 45 products on my list (!!!) and I know I will never be able to finish all of them in a year! My goal is to make progress and get some use out of all of them, and use up 30 of them completly. It will be very hard, since I only finished 11 makeup products this year, but I will try my best. I don't really know how I will do this, becuse a project 45 pan would be very overwhelming. Do you fellow project panners have any ideas? I have been thinking about doing project 10 pans, weekly makeup baskets or monthly makeup baskets.

- Rimmel stay matte primer

- 2x benefit potefessional (deluxe sample size)

- Mua eyeshadow primer

- Maybelline fit me foundation

- Mua matte foundation

- Mua bb cream

- Benefit some kind a gorgeous (deluxe sample size)

- 2x mua pressed powder

- Elf mineral booster

- Elf jumbo eyeshadow stick french lace

- Urban Decay 24/7 glide on shadow pencil sin (deluxe sample size but almost as big as the full size)

- Urban Decay primer potion greed (deluxe sample size)

- Mua heaven and earth eyeshadow palette

- Unknown loose eyeshadow

- Isadora contour kajal black

- Elf mineral eyeliner ash

- Mua glitter eyeliners pencil malt chocolate

- Isadora twist up metallic eye pen black

- Elf studio liquid eyeliner

- Elf essentials liquid eyeliner midnight

- Elf essentials liquid eyeliner plum

- Mua brow kit

- 3x benefit they'te real mascara (deluxe sample size)

- Bellapierre mascara

- Mua blush shade 1

- Mua blush shade 6

- Elf studio blush candid coral

- Elf studio blush tickled pink

- Benefit benetint (deluxe sample size)

- Mua pressed powder in a darker shade (for contouring)

- Sephora bronzer

- Elf cream eyeshadow duo sugar cookie

- Sleek professional finishing powder

- Elf matte lip pencil natural

- Elf mineral lipstick nicely nude

- Elf mineral lipstick natural nymph

- Elf conditioning lip balm mellow melon

- Mua intense kisses lip gloss sealed with a kiss

- Mua intense kisses lip gloss smooch

- Victoria's secret minty lip gloss

- Elf glossy gloss ballet slippers

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just coming here to say I'm going to come up with a few items to 'project pan' for 2015, starting with my Tarte BeMattenificent palette. I have to figure out what else I want to use up... I need to go through and update my inventory and check use/expiration.

@@Huds that's so ambitious! There is a Monday Club thread where a lot of us focus on items for a week at a time, and even a 100 day no-buy thread! 

@@Huds that's so ambitious! There is a Monday Club thread where a lot of us focus on items for a week at a time, and even a 100 day no-buy thread!
Haha, maybe a little too ambitious! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I will pick a smaller number of products, maybe five, and use them as a project pan until they're gone. That way I will see progress on them and I can rotade the rest of my face so I won't get crazy for using the same stuff every day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am already in the 100 day no buy thread, but I started mid november so the 100 days will be 150 if I succeed :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Huds, I'm planning a Project 40 Pan for 2015. I'm rotating 10 products each season which includes my daily stuff like base, concealer, eyeshadow primer. I find that it keeps things interesting enough for me and gives me a good idea of how long it takes to use things up. Plus I'm going to try to pan a palette. At this point, my makeup is old enough that this will be their last hurrah. After the season is up, they are going to be tossed. I am determined to start fresh in 2016!

I've been doing a Project Pan where I revise it every month because it starts to feel like a hassle using the same things everyday for each month.  So far, I have to work on the following till the end of December (and most likely some of the items will be on the list again for next month):

1.  MAC Satin Taupe e/s - There's a HUGE pan on this one and I think I can finish it by the end of January if I continue to use this often.

2.  MAC Haux e/s - There's pan showing, thankfully.  It's been on my list for a few months now but I have to try to use this up and at least create a bigger visible pan.

3.  Aquaphor - I already purchased a new tube but I'm going to finish up the old one first.

4.  MAC White Frost e/s - Big dip but have to keep using!

5.  MAC Fun Fun l/s - I only have 1cm of this left! It's a bit too light for me as my taste has changed so I will apply gloss over it.

6.  MAC Nanogold e/s - Huge dip and not my favorite eye shadow but I've been trying to use this daily.  So hard to get rid of.

7.  MAC Peaches blush - Pan showing and dip around center.  I've been using this daily.

8.  MAC Honour blush - I still have a long way to go with this one but I'd like to use up as much as possible for the rest of this month.

9.  Badger Cuticle Care - Almost done with this one! I have to finish this by this month or some time in January.

10.  TJ Pumpkin Body Butter - Almost done with this, too.  Finish by the end of this month.

I've been doing a Project Pan where I revise it every month because it starts to feel like a hassle using the same things everyday for each month.  So far, I have to work on the following till the end of December (and most likely some of the items will be on the list again for next month):

1.  MAC Satin Taupe e/s - There's a HUGE pan on this one and I think I can finish it by the end of January if I continue to use this often.

2.  MAC Haux e/s - There's pan showing, thankfully.  It's been on my list for a few months now but I have to try to use this up and at least create a bigger visible pan.

3.  Aquaphor - I already purchased a new tube but I'm going to finish up the old one first.

5.  MAC Fun Fun l/s - I only have 1cm of this left! It's a bit too light for me as my taste has changed so I will apply gloss over it.

6.  MAC Nanogold e/s - Huge dip and not my favorite eye shadow but I've been trying to use this daily.  So hard to get rid of.

7.  MAC Peaches blush - Pan showing and dip around center.  I've been using this daily.

8.  MAC Honour blush - I still have a long way to go with this one but I'd like to use up as much as possible for the rest of this month.

9.  Badger Cuticle Care - Almost done with this one! I have to finish this by this month or some time in January.

10.  TJ Pumpkin Body Butter - Almost done with this, too.  Finish by the end of this month.
Can I just mention to you how Impressed I am you have pan on so many eyeshadows? I have hit pan on one eyeshadow my whole life. ONE. I'm still working on it ;--;. I need to make myself be more consistent with my use of a shade of shadow, as I rotate too often... most of my shades look like theyve never been touched =/ 

@@jaylilee Lol eye shadows can take forever to finish (which is why I'm having such a hard time with my MAC nanogold e/s) but I have zero idea as to how I finished many eye shadows in general.  When I do try to finish something, I try to incorporate it into my looks so that I can use it up faster.  Yes, it does get boring sometimes but it works!

I'm trying to hold myself accountable for finishing up my things and decluttering.  So far, I have finished my old Aquaphor and a different hand lotion that was not on my original list which is fine with me.  The TJ Pumpkin Body Butter has a few more uses left, too.  Since I have finished a copule of things, I will add in MAC Sweet Sienna pigment that I had pressed and it was full in the pan, too.

Here are the current pans that I have so far for eye shadows and the other on the bottom is the cuticle product lol:

L-R:  MAC Sweet Sienna pigment (pressed), MAC Satin Taupe, MAC Haux (which I sadly dropped but the work put in to see the pan was all me lolol)

projectpan.jpg

Now that I completed my first project pan, I've come up with a new list. This time I'm giving myself till January 1st to work on it. I'll reevaluate my stash and my list after Christmas.

1. Naked 3 dual ended eyeliner

Goal- finish it

2. Avon eyeshadow primer

Goal- finish it

3. Vaseline rosy lips

Goal- finish it

4. Naked 3 palette

Goal- hit pan on 1 more eyeshadow

5. Lorac Unzipped palette

Goal- either hit pan on 1 more eyeshadow

Or finish 1 eyeshadow. Still going to try to

pan the whole palette but I'm going to set

Small goals.
I know I won't accomplish everything on my list but I have reached 2 of my goals:

1. I finished the Avon eyeshadow primer

2. I not only hit pan on 1 more eyeshadow from the Naked 3 palette....I hit pan on 2 more for a total of 3.

IMG_1856.JPG

Back