The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have decided to start 2015 with a bit of an undertaking: a year long project pan. I will be re-assessing my makeup collection come the end of this year and where I stand on my beauty related stash, then I plan on PPing it for all of 2015. I'll probably start a blog to track my progress along with posting in the forums and such...we'll see how it goes! 
Here it is. My very first post! I have to make the blog pretty yet >_> but that'll hopefully be done soon. A required intro as usual: http://abeautyprojectblog.blogspot.com/

Fingers crossed. I think that and this forum will hopefully keep me accountable to actually use up stuff regularly...at least, that's the plan. 

OMG IT HAPPENED. Today, November 18th 2014 is the day I FINISHED AN EYESHADOW. There is a tiny tiny bit left in the corners but I can't get to it without it being difficult so I am calling it done and WE ARE DOWN TO SIX!!! Sure it was the most boring light brown crease color ever, but it's GONE! A whole eyshadow!! I would say I'll miss it but I'm pretty sure I have the exact same color in the chocolate bar palette soooooooo.

I present to you the death of chocolate milk from the too faced a few of my favorite things palette. I even cleaned him up a bit for the picture :)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Woohoo almost time to add new stuff. I'm hoping sin will bite the dust in the next few weeks!

Edit: phone quality and shadows are making it look like there's a bit around the edge. I promise all that is actually eyeshadow is those tiny little things in 3 of the corners, one is completely empty!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. TokyoMilk Perfume sample in Tainted Love
2. Nyx slim eye liner in white
3. Demeter roller ball in Salt Air
4. Mini perfume of Love & Toast's Gin Blossom
5. Laqa and co. lippie in the purple color
6. UD lipstick mini in illicit
7. Butter London lipstick in Ruby Murray
8. Prestige eyeliner in sepia
9. Formula 10.0.6 mattifying moisturizer
10. Dr. Lipp's balm mini

I'm so excited! I noticed the pan getting larger in my Naked eyeshadow from my naked palette. I have noticed that the brush I use makes a huge difference. A soft haku brush barely disturbs the shadow, while a much stiffer brush seems to kick up a lot of dust... then again, the shadows have gotten much dustier the closer I get to the pan, so it might also be that. I don't want to be wasting shadow just to hit pan on it, but I am still getting huge satisfaction out of seeing that shade go faster. It's too ashy on me so it looks muddy...I much prefer the warmth of mac Kid (which is a darn shame considering Kid got discontinued). 

10. Dr. Lipp's balm mini

I think the next thing will be the mini lipstick.

When project panning do any of you set out a time limit for yourself? I was thinking of starting a project pan in January but only giving myself until the end of March to finish. My goal is to use 10 make up items and 10 body/skin care items every three months and would continue this through all of 2015. How great would it be to use up 80 products by the end of the year?! Obviously not all of the items would have to be full size. They could be anything - deluxe size products, one specific eye shadow, a lip gloss, etc.

Thoughts, suggestions?  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When project panning do any of you set out a time limit for yourself? I was thinking of starting a project pan in January but only giving myself until the end of March to finish. My goal is to use 10 make up items and 10 body/skin care items every three months and would continue this through all of 2015. How great would it be to use up 80 products by the end of the year?! Obviously not all of the items would have to be full size. They could be anything - deluxe size products, one specific eye shadow, a lip gloss, etc.

Thoughts, suggestions?  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm working on my first one, so I'm not sure how it will go exactly, but I plan on seeing where I am Jan. 1st and going from there.

10. Dr. Lipp's balm mini

I was right.

My goal is to have this completed by the end of the year.

1.  Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in Fair goal: use it up

GONE!

2. Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light Brown goal: use up the wax

Pan is definitely getting bigger, but still less than half of the pan is showing

3.  Urban Decay mini-lipstick in Liar goal: use it up

I am failing at this, I have used it like three times

4.  Ulta Eyeshadow in Camel goal: use it up

I have hit pan! It's small but I'm doing great at using it

5.  Covergirl Clumpcrusher in Brown Black goal: use it up

GONE!

6.  Lorac Pocket Pro in Nude goal: hit pan

I've been using this less than I thought I would be, but I'm still making slow progress

7. Benefit High Beam goal: use it up

I've been using this.  I think I can see some progress when I compare to my starting picture.  

Three month pan that palette completed! I haven't made any significant progress this month, probably because I didn't wear makeup as often as I tend to do. The pan in the champagne shade is a little bit bigger, but I haven't hit pan on any more shades. I have dips in a few of them though. I am very proud of myself this far, I have only used other shadows less than five times. I won't focus very hard on hitting pan the upcoming months, I'd rather enjoy every day use by switching shadows whenever I feel like it, instead of just using one until it's gone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YOU GUYYYYSSSSSS it happened again!! UD Sin is officially done!! That means we are down to 5 and I am officially half way done!!

My original rules state I'm now allowed to purchase one thing, but since I've been a little, uh, lax in my no buy rules, I'm foregoing that. Reward for 10 gone is still but vouvray.

This also means I get to rotate in 5 new things! I'll go through the stash tonight and post my updated project pan!

Proof it's really gone: image.jpg

Edit: you can also see my non progress on last call here. Meh.

YOU GUYYYYSSSSSS it happened again!! UD Sin is officially done!! That means we are down to 5 and I am officially half way done!!

My original rules state I'm now allowed to purchase one thing, but since I've been a little, uh, lax in my no buy rules, I'm foregoing that. Reward for 10 gone is still but vouvray.

This also means I get to rotate in 5 new things! I'll go through the stash tonight and post my updated project pan!

Proof it's really gone:
image.jpg

Edit: you can also see my non progress on last call here. Meh.
That is so awesome! Keep on going. Very proud of you. 

That is so awesome! Keep on going. Very proud of you. 
Thank you, dear!!

You know it really puts things in perspective though. I started this in what, June? And with effort, I managed to finish 5 (almost at 6) things up entirely.  FIVE.

And how many things are in my collection? Hundreds?? Really, really makes me stop and think why I have so much stuff.

I think I'm going to do well on 100 day no buy starting next year!!!

My original List back in June vs now:

Powder Eyeshadow

Mac All That Glitters

Mac Shroom

Ben Nye "Black" Shadow single

Cream Eyeshadow

Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze

Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Branded

Maybelline Color Tattoo Rich Mahogany

Blush

Tarte blush in Exposed

Nars blush in Torrid -- Now there's a dip! 

Cargo blush in Tonga  --- hit large pan. 

Bronzer

NYC bronzer in Sunny

Nars bronzer blush in Zen

Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer, deluxe sample

Eyeliner

UD 24/7 liner in Zero --- Down to 40% left from a full pencil. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes in brown

Stila Liquid Liner Pencil

Lip products

Revlon lip butter in pink truffle DONE!

--- Replaced with Revlon Lip Butter Berry Smoothie, which is now a month away from being done.

Revlon lip butter in Fig **NOT PICTURED

Mac cremesheen lip glass in Looks Like Sin DONE!

--- Replaced with Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie. 

Concealer

Mac Studio finish concealer in NC35 -- Considerable dip. 

Bobbi brown corrector in Peach -- Now at 60%. When I started it was brand spanking new. 

Sephora Concealer (discontinued) -- DONE! 

Miscellaneous

UDPP in Original --- 40% left! 

----

I realized I am slow as molasses in doing project pan but I feel part of it is I did not use these items consistently every day. So next year the goal is to use my project pan items every. single. day. until they're gone. 

Thank you, dear!!

You know it really puts things in perspective though. I started this in what, June? And with effort, I managed to finish 5 (almost at 6) things up entirely.  FIVE.

And how many things are in my collection? Hundreds?? Really, really makes me stop and think why I have so much stuff.

I think I'm going to do well on 100 day no buy starting next year!!!
No kidding! It's insane how long it takes to finish these things and considering all the "options" we have, in the hundreds, it's going to take a very long time to finish it all lol.... 

I met my goal and hit pan on a third shadow in my Sephora Cinderella pallette! In the course of this, I also discovered that I really do enjoy this pallette, so it's a keeper! Now I need to find a new project, probably for something for 2015. Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

I feel like my project pan is never going to end. I've been using the same blush for a few months, and I've barely made a dent in it. Ugh, and I'm getting really sick of the eyeshadow I'm trying to pan. I think I might take a break from these items for a week or so, so I don't go crazy.

Latest posts

Back