Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The colors remind me of the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette which is my go to for everyday and I've hit pan on the lid colors. If that's true, I will definitely be getting this.

I am really torn on this one. In the Sephora sale, the #1 item on my list was Vice 2. I tend to wear more pinks, purples, and greens than anything else. Plus, Vice 2 is limited edition and I'm still mad at myself for not getting Theodora (neutrals, but greens too). I do have Naked and I do love it (as UD is #1 for shadows with me hands down). I never got Naked 2. I've been going back and forth about getting it but never have. However, I recently looked up swatch comparisons between N1 and N2. I'd say I prefer about 2/3 of the swatches in N2 over 1/3 in N1. Then, I look at the palettes side by side (instead of swatches) and I skip getting N2. So now we have N3. When looking at it online, I am attracted to it because I'm so pale and the colors are so light. They would probably be good base or blending colors for me whereas for many they'd be highlights (I'm guessing). I may just have to go and compare all 3 in a store to see. Do I get N2, N3, both, or neither? Just not sure yet.
Theodora is on sale on urbandecay.com by the way.

Only the Glinda left, I'm afraid. I knew should have gotten it also :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Naked 3 might be the first I actually buy though. The colours will work better for me as many seem to have a purple tone to them.

I have a slight obsession with UD so I definitely  want this palette.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I googled Naked 3 Images.  I totally have makeup on the brain so I was...um...surprised/stunned with some of the pics that came up.  Whoops.  NSFW, for sure.  
Haha I totally just did that same thing. Oops!

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am really torn on this one. In the Sephora sale, the #1 item on my list was Vice 2. I tend to wear more pinks, purples, and greens than anything else. Plus, Vice 2 is limited edition and I'm still mad at myself for not getting Theodora (neutrals, but greens too). I do have Naked and I do love it (as UD is #1 for shadows with me hands down). I never got Naked 2. I've been going back and forth about getting it but never have. However, I recently looked up swatch comparisons between N1 and N2. I'd say I prefer about 2/3 of the swatches in N2 over 1/3 in N1. Then, I look at the palettes side by side (instead of swatches) and I skip getting N2. So now we have N3. When looking at it online, I am attracted to it because I'm so pale and the colors are so light. They would probably be good base or blending colors for me whereas for many they'd be highlights (I'm guessing). I may just have to go and compare all 3 in a store to see. Do I get N2, N3, both, or neither? Just not sure yet.

I think you can wait and see to decide. The Naked line is permanent so you don't need to worry about rushing. Actually, it may be better not to have the mentality of rushing in, as you may end up frustrated as you compete with everyone else trying to get it. Also, you'll then get to see if there's any overlap in colors and which ultimately works best.

Because of the leak in France it is apparently being released earlier. The original date was said to be in January, but the supposed new date is sometime in December. Hopefully before Christmas!

@Timetaker - the manager at my Sephora said December 1 however she also said the dates have been changed several times. I think it'll probably launch around Black Friday.

i don't have 1 or 2 because i chose both Too Faced Natural palettes and the Nude 'Tude palette, but Naked 3 might have to be mine.

I'm definitely not buying this. I have the 1st two palettes, and those seemed different enough for my to justify it (although I find myself using Naked 2 WAY more) but This 3rd one is pretty neutral and bland. Won't be getting it. I would LOVE for them to come out with a crazy bright palette. They don't really have fun bright colors. (I'm thinking BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil, etc.).

I've never gotten any of the Naked palettes, I just never understood all the hype surrounding them, plus I'm not a neutral kinda girl. This palette looks good though,hopefully it comes out in time for black Friday and I can use my VIB giftcard for at least part of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You got me so excited.  I wanted it during the sale, but by the time I was ready to make my purchase, it was sold out and has been ever since.  

I went back and forth so many times between Naked 1 and 2.  Finally got 2 because I bought off someone brand new for $36.  I have had 1 in my hands a few times in the store but always end up getting a few other things I want instead.  

Soooo, I may just have to get this one.  I like the pinky colors if the swatches are close to real.  

Do you know when it can be expected in canada? I know there are some definite lag times for canadians.... *pout*

@Timetaker - the manager at my Sephora said December 1 however she also said the dates have been changed several times. I think it'll probably launch around Black Friday.

I knew it! I finally bought Naked & Naked 2 last month I had 20% off courtesy of Ulta that I was able to use on them and I bought Naked Basics before that. I thought when buying them "watch they now come out with Naked 3" lol and they are!

I also have both Too Faced palettes, Nude-tude, NYX Butt Naked. So now of course I will "need" Naked 3. I love all my Naked palettes especially UD, I'm running out of space to store all my makeup..I have to get another storage drawers thing.

Every time I come here I get enabled lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I wonder what kind of deluxe sample the palette is going to come with. I'd love a little mini lipstick.

The palette looks gorgeous though and the colors are right up my alley. Will be purchasing!

Quote: Originally Posted by xchristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wonder what kind of deluxe sample the palette is going to come with. I'd love a little mini lipstick.

Ditto on the lipstick!  A pretty pinky-mauvey color to complement the palette!

Hmm... I definitely will want to see more swatches and general pictures before I decide on this one. I have the original Naked palette and I almost didn't get the Naked 2 because it seemed fairly similar... but then my roomie got it so I got to check it out in person and use it, and realized there were a few shades different enough from the first (Booty Call, Tease, Foxy, Pistol, Verve mainly). But now from what I see so far, this third palette seems mostly like a combination of the first two? The more palettes they come out with in this line, the harder it will be to stay original with the colours!

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind once I see more pics and swatches! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And of course see it in person!! You never know!

Quote: Originally Posted by xchristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The palette looks gorgeous though and the colors are right up my alley. Will be purchasing!
I thought I read somewhere that there are samples of all the different kinds of primer potions.

Latest posts

Back