Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...so went to sephora today of course for VIB and started chatting with the worker. (I am a reg there lol) we got on the topic of palettes and I said to her I heard that there was a naked 3 coming out. She was shocked that I knew about it. (Only from the fabulous MUT ladies would I know about it) and she said it was supposed to come out today in sephora stores. I said what?? She said she would get in trouble telling me. She then said that the pushed back til December. So..this is what I confirmed today. I can't imagine she was making that up but....lol I HAD to let you guys know!!

I called my local Sephora and talked to the manager and she told me that they're suppose to deny it even exists. LOL I said, "too late, the Paris Sephora store has been selling theirs so cat is out of the bag." She laughed and said they are being told that it's to be released in December (1) but the dates have been changed a few times already.

Urban Decay takes themselves too seriously.  I want to call the main office and sing to them in a Michael Kors voice, "Lighten up, it's just makeup, it's makeup, it's makeuuuuup!"

mussical.gif

Anyone get my reference?  Anyone? Bueller?

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Urban Decay takes themselves too seriously. 

Blame L'Oreal for that. Since L'Oreal acquired Urban Decay the UD brand isn't the fun, edgy, upbeat that doesn't take things seriously.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blame L'Oreal for that. Since L'Oreal acquired Urban Decay the UD brand isn't the fun, edgy, upbeat that doesn't take things seriously.

Probably true.  They're still my favorite eyeshadow brand!  Although my Inglot palettes are moving up in my world....

I called my local Sephora and talked to the manager and she told me that they're suppose to deny it even exists. LOL I said, "too late, the Paris Sephora store has been selling theirs so cat is out of the bag." She laughed and said they are being told that it's to be released in December (1) but the dates have been changed a few times already.
Wow, well a Sephora store manager is reputable source so it looks like we will all be able to get our hands on this baby in the near future. Yay! That been said I have been wanting an all matte naked pallet from Urban Decay for YEARS! They said Naked Basics would be the answer but it's not. I just want the same amount and variety of colors as in Naked or Naked 2. If Naked 2 could be mayfield that would be ideal!

Since I have the 1st two palette ( had basics but wasn't happy so returned it  ), this is a must!

The only thing is that Im kinda thinking this is a little too much like the lorac unzipped palette ( I have no idea why I have such a strong feeling.) I'll just have to wait and see more and more swatches to decide!

Quote: Originally Posted by Avalon182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Since I have the 1st two palette ( had basics but wasn't happy so returned it  ), this is a must!

The only thing is that Im kinda thinking this is a little too much like the lorac unzipped palette ( I have no idea why I have such a strong feeling.) I'll just have to wait and see more and more swatches to decide!

half of the palette is similar to Lorac's unzipped, however, the other half have more brown, grey and black than Unzipped and its not as shimmery as unzipped from the looks of it.

I really liked my unzipped, but most of the colors I adore, i.e. the light pink/rose/gold colors are all too shimmery...  so I've drifted away from it.....

and now, i'm into purple...   enter Laura Mercier's artist palette # 2.  

Anyways, I will definitely be getting Naked 3, since I passed on Naked 1, 2, basic, flushed and Vice 1 & 2.  

Oh, this makes me so happy!!! I definitely don't need another neutral palette, (already have Naked 2, Nude Tude and Lorac Pro) but I LOVE these colors and I'm ready to buy this yesterday.

I will wait 5 months to pick it up. Since the last release of Naked 2 took me 5 months to get my hands on. I am looking forward to see the MUA dupe of this palette.

Since I have the 1st two palette ( had basics but wasn't happy so returned it  ), this is a must! The only thing is that Im kinda thinking this is a little too much like the lorac unzipped palette ( I have no idea why I have such a strong feeling.) I'll just have to wait and see more and more swatches to decide!
Thought the same- I LOVE LOVE Lorac's Unzipped. I love the texture of UD, but too shimmery for me. I love that Lorac does half and half.

I am really torn on this one. In the Sephora sale, the #1 item on my list was Vice 2. I tend to wear more pinks, purples, and greens than anything else. Plus, Vice 2 is limited edition and I'm still mad at myself for not getting Theodora (neutrals, but greens too). I do have Naked and I do love it (as UD is #1 for shadows with me hands down). I never got Naked 2. I've been going back and forth about getting it but never have. However, I recently looked up swatch comparisons between N1 and N2. I'd say I prefer about 2/3 of the swatches in N2 over 1/3 in N1. Then, I look at the palettes side by side (instead of swatches) and I skip getting N2. So now we have N3. When looking at it online, I am attracted to it because I'm so pale and the colors are so light. They would probably be good base or blending colors for me whereas for many they'd be highlights (I'm guessing). I may just have to go and compare all 3 in a store to see. Do I get N2, N3, both, or neither? Just not sure yet.

So I googled Naked 3 Images.  I totally have makeup on the brain so I was...um...surprised/stunned with some of the pics that came up.  Whoops.  NSFW, for sure.  

Back