What are the worst drugstore products I can avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surprising since maybelline foundation looks GOOD on me better than some dept store brands...as for e/s stay FAR FAR away since they're garbage

as a matter fact their lip gloss is garbage too

I always wondered how on america's next top model that's the only mu brand they used for the makeovers.

Wet n' Wild eye pencils. Cannot use a liner at all. Pulls on my skin and really hard surface on on color tip. Tried heating it with a lighter to soften it and it broke off. Oh well, 99 cents. Guess ya get what ya pay for. LoL at me.:10:

I don't like the Covergirl long lasting lipstick. It made my lips feel really dry even with the shine stick and I found after about and hour it just started to ball up and peel off it was like wearing arcylic paint on my lips. I Also don't like any of the foundations except for Almay was not too bad. Maybelline, Covergirl and Rimmel e/s are the worst after about three uses they always go hard as a rock and you can even scrape colour of them.

All foundations/ concealors, powders are pretty horrible and fake looking. Maybeline and Loreal eyeshadows suck as well. Do they think we're stupid or something? How could they sell such a low-quality product......

loreal eyeshadows

rimmel lip gloss

gl

rimmel blush

loreal mascara

hydra

mais

rimmel

dez

terol

any foundation br

Everything works different for everyone. From the replys i'm reading from below, it's just a matter that they didnt work for that person.

One main point

*try to avoid using products with a huge list of chemicals.

Oh my! That is nasty. I almost never ever wear mascara because I can't get a nice smooth natural look, but this one.....it's bad man.

Hi,

I agree about the eyeliners. It's their lipliners (#666, 711 and 712) that are really great!
icon14.gif

Anything Rimmel

Maybelline Great Lash (nothing Great about it whatsoever!)

Foundations

Prestige eyeliners, far too hard

I'm not really a fan of drugstore brand on the whole but there are some fabulous products if you look. For instance CG Lash Exact, awesome!

covergirl foundation..loreal eyeshadows...rimmel mascaras

oh and i dont liek covergirl mascara's either.

Aw, I like the Prestige eyeliners. They are cheap and stay on all day through work and drinks afterwards, and come in lots of colours. You just need a slightly different technique with a harder liner than with a soft kohl pencil, is all. Lots of small, gentle strokes!

Covergirl _________ fill in the blank with anything they make

Maybelline mascaras, powders, foundations and everything (including lipgloss and that so called superstay crap they make ) else made by them that I've ever tried for the past 17 years. Maybelline should just be discontinued and take Avon with them into oblivion. No wonder Maybelline's advertisement jingle is "Maybe it's Maybelline" they don't even want to own up to their own mass produced crap!

I'm mad because I just bought six of their so called superstay lipsticks and they are the worst pieces of crap. I should have just bought a box of food coloring or gello to dye my lips. At least I wouldn't have the surprise of lipstick impressions everywhere from my lips donning something that's not supposed to do that crap.

Wet and wild mascara (not the one with the primer on one end, the primer is actually above decent for the price paid)

Wet n Wild eyeliner

Cover Girl eyeshadows (color won't pick up on a brush!!)

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers foundation (I really wanted to like this, but the color options are pretty bad)

Rimmel lip glosses (bad smell and very sticky!)

Prestige eyeshadows and lipsticks

any of the new mascaras with those funky wands (like CG LashExact)

CG TruBlend whipped foundation (Stay FAR away from this stuff...'nuff said!)

Believe it or not, I could definitely start a list of GOOD drugstore products too!

With me, I love Rimmel's Extra Super Lash but am not that big of a fan of the lycra extender, which is all right. I also actually like their foundation, at least the one I have, which is in a pink-capped bottle and has vitamin c, e and caffeine if anybody knows what I'm talking about.

I will agree on Physician's Formula e/s...NOOOO coverage at all.

Rimmel's lip glosses are verrrry sticky but I like the colours.

Maybelline's thickening mascara is rubbish.

Post more as I think of 'em :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back