What are the worst drugstore products I can avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than their fabled 666 and 712 lipliners and brow pencils, I've never bought anything from Wet n' Wild that wasn't crappy. I know a lot of people like their e/s palettes, but they had no color payoff for me, as well as chalky

I don't know if you've tried WNW mascaras lately, but they have greatly improved. They changed their formulations and added a few of them to there lines. I absolutely love their megalength mascara. That stuff can get your lashes up to the brows. H20 mascara gets them very long and is waterproof and Meagplump along with those other two are the mascaras I've been using for over a year now, without switching. Stay away from megaprotein and megathickening, they seemed pretty blah to me.

wow, thanks! This has been one of the most helpful threads for a make up newbie...no CG foundation was a clear message.

I haven't had any luck with anything at a drugstore, whether it be make-up or skincare products. My momma always told me it don't pay to buy nothing cheap; this is true in some cases.

It's strange, I actually disagree with a lot of what has been said here. I happen to love Rimmel's vinyl lipgloss, they go on smoothly and are not sticky. CG also has great lip products as well. Wet N Wild has great stuff, like someone mentioned before, since they reformulated everything.

I don't recommend Max Factor e/s or CG's e/s. Also some of N.YC.'s nailpolish isn't as pigmented as I would like it to be.

I don't like....

Loreal or revlon e/s (although Loreal Voluminous mascara is good and so are their color juice lipglosses, as is Revlon eyeliner)

Covergirl foundations or concealers

max factor eyeshadow

nyc anything

almay mascaras or foundations

neutrogena foundation

maybelline lipglosses

I TOTALLY agree. I can only use my yellow for a funky highlight.....the bue and purple are nearly useless. it made me so sad. :scared:

I also think it depends on the skin type or color with some of these products. Cause I love Physicians Formula and Rimmel's Extra Super Lash and Maybelline's Lash Stylist. I never had a problem using it, and it separates my lashes really well.

I just bought one of Rimmel's blushes and it goes on really weird and patchy, like most of the color sticks to certain areas more, I apply it exactly the same as I did with my CG and Loreal blushes and they look good but Rimmel's sucked.

Also Maybelline's shinylicious l/g probably looked nice, but I didn't notice cause of the horrible smell.

I also think CG has SUPER pink undertones that just kill me cause I'm a really light brown color.

Oh, Seriously? :scared:

And I just bought this mascara and I love it! I think it looks good on me, don`t know...

I don't like Max Factors Eyeshadows. You have to apply it 54739867439 times for the colors to even show and they don't last long at all.

I just bought some wet and wild powder e/s palettes and they rock!

I highly suggest that you check out the review section of this site and make your own decisions. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Whoa that's alot of times. I'll stay away from that eyeshadow.

It seems like the common items nobody seems to like are

CG foundations

WNW pencil eyeliners

Max Factor eyeshadows.

And everybody who keeps dogging on WNW, it's really not that bad. I would have said the same thing 2 or 3 years ago, but the products have changed drastically. If you go on their website you can see they've added a bunch of new stuff. I myself swear by their mascaras, which cost no more than $3. Other great items I've tried are their 666 lipliner $1, clear megaplump gloss $3, eyeshadow pallettes $5, and megapump shimmer $3. I mean who doesn't like great makeup that's cheap at the same time.

wow covergirl is getting no love in this thread!

but i hate maybelline with a passion!

Yep and I'm freaking yellow!!! Hahaha all of them have pink undertones no matter what they say. My mom used to buy them until I grew up enough to notice they were the wrong color... lol, poor mom.

I also started to develop a hate for maybelline... I don't know what motivated me to get their pure foundation. I quite like it though, except for the fact that again, it's not the right color though it's not that bad. Why do they always have to be pink!?! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha isnt it funny that EVERY magazine from the beginning of time has raved about Maybelline great lash and it's listed here as a MAJOR YUCK from most of us!

Latest posts

Back