What are the worst drugstore products I can avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wet n Wild mascara

":Maybelline mascaras, powders, foundations and everything (including lipgloss and that so called superstay crap they make ) else made by them that I've ever tried for the past 17 years. Maybelline should just be discontinued and take Avon with them into oblivion. No wonder Maybelline's advertisement jingle is "Maybe it's Maybelline" they don't even want to own up to their own mass produced crap!:"

:10:

I like Maybelline. In fact my girlfriend a member of this board GV calls me "the Maybelline Queen. " :10: So....

Anyway, I can't really say any are that bad all around cause I seen some that didn't work for me work for somebody else just like anything else.

CharmeC - that pic is so gross, I mean I've used some mascaras that have clumped before but never that bad! Eww lol that was truly nasty. Thanks for posting it becoz I was tempted to buy some of it, I'm so glad I didn't!!!!!

Ones I avoid: L'Oreal eyeshadows, especially the pale or glittery colours, Cover Girl foundations, especially "Clean" foundation, which is totally crap and smells really bad.

But i like Max Factor single eyeshadow pots, and Australis Lash Magnitude mascara.

I really hate almost any l'oreal mascara - they make your lashes hard and crunchy, and too flaky, as well as rimmel mascara - that one with the comb thing. What was the deal with that. It was almost impossible to apply.

I'm not one to use drugstore makeup, but I once bought CoverGirl Liquid Pencil...basically it was just water with a bit of color, no coverage and disappeared at the sight of any sign of moisture >.<

Max Factor's Lipfinity – horrible horrible horrible, made my lips crumbly and dry!

Max Factor's foundations, all the ones I've tried made me look like I had caked it on with a trowel!!

Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara, clumped!!

I agree Rimmel's eyeshadows are crap too

maybelline expert wear eyeliner

wet n' wild eyeliner and gloss

loreal HIP eyeshadows (i'd stick with mac)

Didn't work for me:

1. Loreal Pure Zone Face Wash ( It's very harsh, plain alcohol I'd say and it's loaded with fragrance too!)

2. Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara (it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't something special either!)

3. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (the same as above!)

4. Prestige Eyeshadow Duo in Sugar Daddy (no pigment at all, just plain shimmer!)

5. Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quad in Seashore Frosts (very little pigment)

I love however:

Maybelline Shiny-Licious

L'Oreal Colour Juice

Prestige Eyeliners- Waterproof Automatic is my HG!

Rimmel Lipgloss

Maybelline Mascaras - HG!

L'Oreal True Match Concealer- my HG

Rimmel Blush

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blushes - I love them!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anything rimmel, or covergirl... i personally love maybelline's foundations....it provides excellent coverage for me and my acne scars! maybelline's lip makeup's i can't stand, esp the wet diamonds...ugh!

Latest posts

Back