What do you think about online shopping?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it!  Only because at the end of the month I look at my credit card statement and am all "WTF?! It didn't feel like I spent THAT much money!" 
icon_scratch.gif

Originally Posted by Misha Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Online shopping has it pro's and con's. I myself do shop online, although it is more convenient, time and money saver you should still be cautious because there are some who sell fake items specially on eBay.

Yeah. When we shop online, we should be cautious as well. But we usually take their fame, their products and the feedback of their costumers into consideration when we shop online. In other word, we will choose an online shop that we trust.

Originally Posted by Autumn88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love shopping online. It is a trend of shopping.

Yeah, I quite agree with you. I think online shopping has been a popular trend because its convenience. So most people choose online shopping instead of buying on a live shop.

I love online shopping very much. just without going out of home and i can get what i want.

Online shopping is a great way to save time. Like me, I am busy working online and I don't have time to spend shopping outside, so I prefer to buy anything that I need on the net. Really saves time,no need for you to walk around and see for things you want to buy, just sit, relax, and browse the products you want in front of your computer. But you just need to make sure that you buy things on trusted online stores. 
icon_smile.gif

i once had an online korean clothing shop.. what i like about online shopping is, it is where i see most of everything.. new styles and designs which i haven't seen on stores near us, very unique.. so i buy some for myself.. the only thing i am not sure of when buying online is the items material.. plus you will spend shipping fees when you purchase online..

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't like buying clothing or shoes online unless I'm really familiar with their sizing

I totally agree with this.

I don't really want to go through the hassle of what happens when it doesn't fit!

I love online shopping. It's easier to budget what you're buying as opposed to walking around a store and doing approximate math in your head. Not to mention, I'm addicted to coming home and seeing that I have a package waiting for me. It just makes my day a little better. The other pro to online shopping for me is that I don't miss anything that's on stock. When I'm in a store, I tend to be a little bit overwhelmed by the selection and I could walk by something I would normally love. The only real downside is the shipping charges.

I only shop online if it is cheaper and I'm sure I will be satisfied with what I bought. That usually means I buy things that I have already tried or am replenishing because I ran out. 

I'll never buy clothes, that is too much of a hassle because the sizes are so different depending on the materials and other factors. 

Originally Posted by Autumn Dahy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll never buy clothes, that is too much of a hassle because the sizes are so different depending on the materials and other factors. 

My thoughts exactly!!

Hello .. Shopping online can offer saving and convenience to both consumers and businesses. However, it's important to understand your rights before you complete any online shopping transactions, whether they be direct purchases or participating in an online auction. .

I always go online shopping.. for makeup, clothes, and whatever I need. It is so convenient and you don't have to carry coupons with you because you can just enter a code and get discounts! I'm not a skinny girl but most of the clothes fit me when I order it online. You just have to check the size and material :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have mixed feelings about online shopping.  I think it can be great for items you don't need to see in person (such as items you've used before and are repurchasing, or certain accessories where "fit" isn't as important - like a scarf).  I think makeup requires in-store swatching (as computer monitors can be deceiving), but then you can make the purchase online once you know what you'd like and if you've found a good deal.  Clothing and shoes are, to me, the biggest online shopping gamble.  Fit is so, so tricky (even when you think you know your size).  I've made the gamble a few times (especially with an incredible online sale) and it's paid off sometimes and flopped others.  So that's where I tend to draw the line.  Bottom line for me: internet is great for a browse, not so much for a purchase. 

Back