What do you think about online shopping?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya many of the stuff i brought from online only its make easier to shop and i got genuine products...

I am an AVID online shopper. Not only can I do easier/faster browsing, but I can usually find awesome discounts online more so than in store. Plus, I don't try things on in store anyways. I do think that some in store retail therapy is nice once in a while.... though i'm more likely to buy things   

This is the main way I shop. I agree about the clothes though. With all the vanity sizing these days, I no longer trust labels with sizes on them.
I'm with you there. I'm anywhere from a size 4 to a size 12 and I have pants in all those sizes that currently fit. I also have size 14 pants that are too small, and size 10 from one brand is too big, but size 10 from another is too small. I'm 5'7" and 150 pounds and my weight hasn't changed much in about 4 years. I hate how sizes are not standardized. I cannot buy pants online, but I use Amazon for books a lot. I always try to make sure the shipping says it's coming "from Amazon" because I don't trust individual sellers as much. Crafts and craft supplies are something else altogether. I buy and sell on Etsy, buy (and someday hopefully sell) on eBay, and I've bought or sold supplies all over the world. I've only had 1 bad online shopping experience when I bought a laptop case from an individual seller on Amazon and it doesn't fit.

I have clothes from 10 yrs ago that fit me perfectly, and the labels say size "6". In today's sizes I wear a "0". The only exception is lululemon, and I'm not sure if it is because it is a Canadian brand. I wear a 6 in that brand, which I believe to be my true size, if there wasn't vanity sizing.

It's sometimes difficult for me to shop at Forever21 website. Their clothes quality vary from item to item and sizing can be off. Sometimes they throw in online-only promos that are final sale. I always get tempted by the cheapness factor and often times have to throw away things that looked attractive online but were horrible in reality. And every time I would say myself; " never ever buy final sale. " and I still manage to get lured in like today with tops at 30% off .

I do the majority of my shopping online and have done so for years. Knowing your measurements, knowing your brands,  and reading reviews is key. I rarely have to make returns. Reasons I love online shopping:

1. Better selection. You can't even argue this one.

2. Better deals. I save so much money by shopping online. I have become an expert at finding the lowest prices and utilizing discounts and coupon codes. Even having to pay shipping, I still get a better deal than I would in a store.

3. Convenience. I don't have time to wander around the mall, trying on clothes. I would much rather try things on at home where I can assess fit better. 

4. Who doesn't love getting packages in the mail? It's like Christmas all year long! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I always like to shop online, i must buy from online.

those stuff i buy clothes, makeup kits, home essentials, electronics as so on.

which sites do you all prefer for online shopping...

I also prefer online shopping as its saves our time and we can get online wide range of varities...

I love online shopping for clothes, especially in those online shops with high reputation. The only problem for me is the shipping fee. Because after I receive the package and try on the clothes, if I don't like it or the size doesn't fit, I will return it. So if the online shops could afford the shipping fee, it would be great!

I'm obsessed with online shopping. Literally do it every day, whether it's buying or just browsing. 

I trusted Ebay for a long time. But I would suggest it to online shoppers who used to buy novelty items and wardrobes.

I love shopping online as much as I love to physically go shopping (if that makes sense, lol). But, I find a balance, and it really depends on what I'm shopping for...

I love both.  Internet shopping is convenient, you don't have to go through racks of clothes to find your size.  But, sometimes I need to see/feel an item first to make sure I like it.  Unless an online store has free return shipping, I find it a PITA to return stuff.

I feel like I have no choice when it comes to clothes. I live right outside of Washington, DC. I am actually opening up my own clothing store very soon, but other than that there are VERY few places for me to shop in this area. If I lived in NYC or Chicago I could buy my clothes from street stores. I am actually constantly frustrated by this. If I find out about a party or something I can't just run out...I have to waste money on one day shipping CONSTANTLY. 

I love shopping both on and offline. With that said, you can find so many amazing things online that you can't find offline. Online is convenient because you can do it right from your phone, which makes it a lot of fun; however, it's also fun to walk into a store and get it right away without having to wait a week or so.

The only issues I have with online shopping are shipping fees and times, especially with sites like Hautelook. I really dislike going to department stores because it always feels like they're more interested in selling me a credit card than clothes or makeup. I dnt't want store cards on general principle, the interest rates are close to criminal. Ulta is almost as bad in pushing magazine subscriptions, but it's easier to just tell them I already take the magazine, they don't push it the way Macy's does plastic.

I personally love online shopping because it's more convenient for me~ I don't have to get dressed or deal with annoying sales clerks. I also like how the clothes are really trendy and up to date. I probably sound like a really lazy person right now but that's honestly what I think about online shopping!

edit: no blog links, please -kawaiimeows

Back