What do you think about online shopping?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love shopping online! I always have multiple screens up checking price, reviews and promo codes. I hate to pay for shipping and rarely do.

I shop in-store for clothing purchases because I have to feel the fabric and try things on.

Even though I prefer to shop for clothes in person so I can try things on, going to the mall usually means brining 2 young children with me, which makes it difficult to really take my time and try things on. I try to buy clothes online from retailers that either offer free shipping for returns or allow you to return online purchases to physical stores to avoid having to pay for return shipping if something doesn't fit.

I would much prefer to shop local and have what I want right now. I've given up on them and consider Amazon to be the best thing since the electric starter.

Shopping online is really great and convenient.  There are many online shops and stores that cater our needs and wants.Charges are not too heavy to take and there are many choices from bags, shoes, perfumes, beauty skin care.  I even order foods from online.  Very convenient. 

I love online shopping when i know my size in certain brand, otherwise it could be a disaster. A couple months ago i broug a pair of incredible beautiful Jessica Simpson shoes, i was waiting (i`m from Venezuela so is quite hard to buy online in Usa) and after they came, those shoes were a dream and they don`t fit my feets :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  My foot was just too wide for those cute shoes and now are part of my sisters collection. 

Lesson learned!!

It depends on my mood for the day. I like online shopping when I need to avoid crowds, traffic,bad weather,etc. and there are infinitely more choices.

But sometimes I need to see,feel,touch and smell a product I'm interested in. I have days I just want to get out of the house and in works well for researching a beauty product or clothing line.....and then finding a better price online to purchase it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll pretty much shop for anything online (I even usually order take-out via online haha), EXCEPT clothes and shoes. Everything fits so differently in every store that there's no way I'm going to be able to tell I like how  it looks on my body. I must try everything on (I'm very particular about fit). I also have an odd body shape and shoe size so it makes it that much harder, so yeah, unless it's like a bag or scarf I will always shop in-store. If I didn't work in makeup I'd probably not shop for makeup online either, texture is important. Thankfully I know most lines and how they feel, so I'm ok with ordering makeup online if it's a brand I know.

Yes, totally agree. As someone who works a 9-5 job, online shopping is my best friend. Like many of the ladies here, I've gotten to be a pro at eyeing a photograph of an outfit and knowing whether or not it'll be flattering on me. It's so much easier, and I almost never have to return items.

I run a business so I don't exactly have time to go to stores and try on clothes. I kinda just order them off line, try them on when I get time, and send them back for an exchange if I dislike it. It's a LOT simpler.

Personally, I love online shopping only because its less time consuming and I can do it anywhere and at any time it suits me.

And of course, there is plenty of deals which are online exclusive or just generally cheaper online than the actual brick store.

Quote: Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do both. I use to be really big into online shopping, but now I find myself wanting to look/feel/try products first (makeup and clothes). There are some things I will always buy online---books, music, and stuff like that.
I feel that when it comes to fashion I feel weary ording online b/c of the fit. it could be shipped to you and be too big or too tight. going to the stores you can try it on. its hand son.

Quote: Originally Posted by glitzglam10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, totally agree. As someone who works a 9-5 job, online shopping is my best friend. Like many of the ladies here, I've gotten to be a pro at eyeing a photograph of an outfit and knowing whether or not it'll be flattering on me. It's so much easier, and I almost never have to return ite

Quote: Originally Posted by Wilburn Adam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would much prefer to shop local and have what I want right now. I've given up on them and consider Amazon to be the best thing since the electric starter.
yes, im a right now kind of person I would shop at store and walk out with the item. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristen121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Even though I prefer to shop for clothes in person so I can try things on, going to the mall usually means brining 2 young children with me, which makes it difficult to really take my time and try things on. I try to buy clothes online from retailers that either offer free shipping for returns or allow you to return online purchases to physical stores to avoid having to pay for return shipping if something doesn't fit.
your profile picture is interesting lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love shopping both on and offline. With that said, you can find so many amazing things online that you can't find offline. Online is convenient because you can do it right from your phone, which makes it a lot of fun; however, it's also fun to walk into a store and get it right away without having to wait a week or so.
you covered both topics wonderfully

I love online shopping, I buy all of my clothes online and online shopping really saves a lot of money.

Back