What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, thanks LVA! Sorry I don't remember but thanks for the heads-up! I will order the EDM Light then. Very curious about this mineral makeup brand.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky Ahhh, thanks LVA! Sorry I don't remember but thanks for the heads-up! I will order the EDM Light then. Very curious about this mineral makeup brand.
smile.gif
Thais (here on Mut) uses both BE and EDM, and although she looks great in all here fotds ... imo EDM compliments her better.

I haven't used to many high-end brands of foundation. I have tried Clinique, Maybelline, Revlon, Covergirl.. and the list goes on. The foundation I am currently using is Ulta Oil-Control foundation. I am getting ready to try EDM and if that works out I'll probably order a kit.

i forgot to mention... as far as liquid foundation ( not that i'm ever gonna go back to that ) i realli like Revlon colorstay -applied w/the 187, and Lancome+smashbox face primer, also applied w/the 187

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm currently switching between revlon's colorstay with softflex and mac's studio fix fluid and i'm liking both a lot, but i'm one of those types of people that are like, "there HAS to be something better out there..." LOL hey..how's the Revlon w/soft flex when it comes to blending??

Originally Posted by Jinjer hey..how's the Revlon w/soft flex when it comes to blending?? okie .. i'm not Jennifer , but i use the 187 w/this ... so i onli use a lil product and work on one area of my face @ a time .. otherwise, i find that this foundation tends to dry a lil fast if i try to do my whole face @ 1 time

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm currently switching between revlon's colorstay with softflex and mac's studio fix fluid and i'm liking both a lot, but i'm one of those types of people that are like, "there HAS to be something better out there..." LOL ... And there is!! Get some EDM samples girlie!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky Ahhh, thanks LVA! Sorry I don't remember but thanks for the heads-up! I will order the EDM Light then. Very curious about this mineral makeup brand.
smile.gif
Make sure you get the samples first, to make sure you get the perfect shade!
smile.gif

I like Maybelline Matte Mousse (probably not all that popular)...in porcelain ivory because I'm extremely fair...(this is not what I'm wearing in my avatar pic...that was rimmel, which I loved at the time, 2 years ago, but was always melting off me because I lived in Illinois and had no a/c! Hence the kinda uneven color in the pic, gotta excuse that, I don't have many recent pics)

My skin is mostly normal but a little oily in places, and I find that Maybelline works well for me regardless of having very sensitive skin. Not what you'd want to wear if you wanted something that didn't rub off though.

Another downside...it tends to get a little clumpy. But I just love how easy it is to put on in the mornings.

Thais: how big are the samples? Are they generous enough? I was thinking of getting the regular size if the samples are tiny.

There is a new mineral foundation that I have been using by this company meowcosmetics.com I have oily skin and break out alot they have foundation you can't feel on your face at all but it has great coverage and it has actually helped my frequent break outs. It lasts forever too you can't even sweat the stuff off at the gym.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky Thais: how big are the samples? Are they generous enough? I was thinking of getting the regular size if the samples are tiny. They are quite generous, they send you 3 small containers (i think it is 2g each) full of foundation. It can probably last you 1 or 1 and 1/2 months if you use it everyday. It is worth the try!

I like the cream powdered foundation but I really don't use foundation. 1) I am lazy 2) Concealer just works fine 3) I don't like the feeling and I don't really need it!

When I use foundation I feel like there is a mask on.. and it just feels uncomfortable some times.

I would have to say BE, but my mom sent me some Aromaleigh samples and I think it might be my absolute favorite foundation now.

Bobbi Brown's oil free liquid foundation. It matches my skin (VERY hard for African-American women to get foundations that match) and looks natural. I run from that "embalmed" look.

dont use drug store but i like mac face and body foundation and was thinking of trying studio fix next time

Um...

Department Store:

1. Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation

2. Cargo Fooundation, Oil-free

3. Giorgio Armani Matte Silk Foundation (my fav!)

Drugstore...

1. Revlon Color Stay

Hopefully this helps

1.Prescriptives Flawless Skin

2.Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation

3.Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation

4.Lancome Renergie Lifting Fondation SPF 20

I've only ever bought drug store brand being that I'm not a big foundation user here are my list:

Rimmel Recover (if you want a dewey look)

Rimmel Natural sensation

Everfresh Makeup

Maybelline Dream Matt Mousse (this is my favorite but only put it on with moisturizer because it really dries you up)

Latest posts

Back