What is your Sephora Chic Week shopping list?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a question about the Hourglass Ambient Light Powders. I have been looking at those to get during Chic Week but I don't wear foundation regularly. Is this something I can wear on its own? 
I wear just concealer under my eyes and around my nose, then I put on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, the bronzer/blush, it looks great.  I will say that you get more of the actual pore/imperfection blurring effect of the powder if you have a base/foundation on.  

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wear just concealer under my eyes and around my nose, then I put on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, the bronzer/blush, it looks great.  I will say that you get more of the actual pore/imperfection blurring effect of the powder if you have a base/foundation on.  
I think I may have to get one.

If the new UD liners are available, I may get the gel and pen liners. I REALLY want some YSL lippies and Hourglass powders but I'm trying to be good and wait the VIB 20% off this fall.

Quote: Originally Posted by gingerneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Bite double-header is awesome. I got the 'neutral' one just for shiggles and I lurve it like kids love cupcakes. 

Ahh I may have to get more than one. I'm trying to be good though!!!

I'm thinking about one of those Stila liquid liners and maybe one of their palettes (since I'm on a matte shadow kick since I own so many shimmery MAC and UD shadows, though I should have bought In the Know when Ulta had it half price, damnit), along with the UD Naked BB, which I actually love, but I think I might need the lighter shade. My face is darker than my neck (due to freckles and rosy cheeks) so I'm always trying in vain to find a good match. 

I will try to be good and only buy three things:

hourglass ambient powder in dim light

caudalie favorites set

nars lip pencil in dolce vita

I bought a lot ulta last week, so I really don't need anything!

guys...help! i legitimately need a setting powder, preferably pressed. i'm currently using shiseido but it's a loose powder and sometimes inconvenient. any recommendations? thanks!!!!

guys...help! i legitimately need a setting powder, preferably pressed. i'm currently using shiseido but it's a loose powder and sometimes inconvenient. any recommendations? thanks!!!!
NARS light reflecting pressed setting powder.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NARS light reflecting pressed setting powder.

I just swatched this yesterday and it is soooo gorgeous! I might add this to my list.

Quote: Originally Posted by KaitlinKolors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, but when exactly is Chic Week? To keep myself from overspending, I marked Sephora emails as spam lol.
For VIBs: Thursday 4/11-Monday 4/22

For BIs: Friday 4/12-Sunday 4/21

I really hate that we can only use one code at a time.  It would be so nice if we had different boxes for a code for shipping, percentage, and GWP like some other shopping sites do.  I'm assuming we need a code for the 15% so we can't get any extras?

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really hate that we can only use one code at a time.  It would be so nice if we had different boxes for a code for shipping, percentage, and GWP like some other shopping sites do.  I'm assuming we need a code for the 15% so we can't get any extras?
yeah...always been... sad! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by CherryCaliente /img/forum/go_quote.gif

April 11th for VIBs?  Ugh, I was really looking forward to making my order next week. 
icon_sad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  April 11th for VIBs?  Ugh, I was really looking forward to making my order next week. 
icon_sad.gif

Are those dates right? Dates for Rouge are 3/30-4/11....is it really Rouge exclusive for almost 2 weeks??? That would make me WAY less inclined to go to the event on Sunday if so....I don't care about foil packets, I just want to avoid the crowds.

Quote: Originally Posted by BSquared /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are those dates right? Dates for Rouge are 3/30-4/11....is it really Rouge exclusive for almost 2 weeks??? That would make me WAY less inclined to go to the event on Sunday if so....I don't care about foil packets, I just want to avoid the crowds.
I have hope that the above dates for VIB are not right.  April 11th falls on a Friday this year.  Maybe these were the dates from last year? 

Quote: Originally Posted by BSquared /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have hope that the above dates for VIB are not right.  April 11th falls on a Friday this year.  Maybe these were the dates from last year? 

Yes I checked my email and these are last year's dates.  Also, sephora didn't email me anything about chic week until two days before for 2013, 2012 and 2011.

I also noticed that in the past VIBs got the special preview event.  I am disappointed that they are just taking away VIB perks and making them rouge instead of creating all new rouge events.

I know, right?! When I saw this on their website yesterday I was thinking, you have to be kidding me. If those are the dates from last year, it would be great if they updated their site by either removing last year's info and/or putting the dates for the current year… 
icon_eek.gif

I was amassing points earlier in the year @ Sephora and lately I've been really wondering why. I mean really, is my benefit going to be a little deluxe sample (God knows I love samples, but really I have to spend HOW MUCH to get them!) and a day earlier shopping than before? It's kind of sad to me now that I've paid attention to the lackluster rewards, and I'd rather spend my money at Ulta so I can get $ back via their rewards program & only shop at Sephora for the brands I can't get elsewhere. That being said 15% off is 15% off and I will likely be there at some point during Chic week.

Back