What is your Sephora Chic Week shopping list?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooh, this is a cool thread!

Well, I've been on a no-buy this month, although I did get some 1/2 off Tarte mascara from Ulta. So I feel like I can get myself a little something-something at Chic week, depending on how I feel at the time.

I am in the market for a better anti-aging serum, a balm cleanser, and a full size version of Lavanila deodorant, which I LOVE. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Here's what I've got loaded into my cart:

But I am tempted to get a pretty too. I mean, like maybe a lipstick or a blush ..... or one of the new Tarte foundations..... *drools*
Uh oh! I went to Sephora and Ulta today just to look around, and .... I increased my want list... by a LOT!!!!

I can't decide between the Bare Minerals concealer or the OCC concealer...anybody got an opinion on that?

So, now I just need a good retinol serum (trying out the REN one for the first time) and a good lip tint and I'll be set on my favorite makeup (that is if the OCC tint works out for my skin). Anyone got a good lip tint? I'm going to try IT Cosmetics vitality lip flush in 'rose flush'. Actually, I might not get the Hourglass powder, as I already have several highlighters....

YAY!!!!!!!! I hope this works out, and... well, I hope I'm making the right decision purchasing all of this on the 15% off week... maybe I should wait until some deeper deals around the holidays?

Uh oh! I went to Sephora and Ulta today just to look around, and .... I increased my want list... by a LOT!!!! I can't decide between the Bare Minerals concealer or the OCC concealer...anybody got an opinion on that? So, now I just need a good retinol serum (trying out the REN one for the first time) and a good lip tint and I'll be set on my favorite makeup (that is if the OCC tint works out for my skin). Anyone got a good lip tint? I'm going to try IT Cosmetics vitality lip flush in 'rose flush'. Actually, I might not get the Hourglass powder, as I already have several highlighters.... YAY!!!!!!!! I hope this works out, and... well, I hope I'm making the right decision purchasing all of this on the 15% off week... maybe I should wait until some deeper deals around the holidays?
Great list!! I say go for it now...who wants to wait 9 months to stock up just for an extra 5% off?? I really love REN, the cleansing balm is great. I got a deluxe sample of the Retinoid serum in a REN trial kit....it was just ok, but maybe I'm too young to see major benefits and it's mostly preventative for me. I really like the REN cleansing water and their day cream. REN BB cream is on my list for sure!! I don't think they get enough love.

Uh oh! I went to Sephora and Ulta today just to look around, and .... I increased my want list... by a LOT!!!!

I can't decide between the Bare Minerals concealer or the OCC concealer...anybody got an opinion on that?

So, now I just need a good retinol serum (trying out the REN one for the first time) and a good lip tint and I'll be set on my favorite makeup (that is if the OCC tint works out for my skin). Anyone got a good lip tint? I'm going to try IT Cosmetics vitality lip flush in 'rose flush'. Actually, I might not get the Hourglass powder, as I already have several highlighters....

YAY!!!!!!!! I hope this works out, and... well, I hope I'm making the right decision purchasing all of this on the 15% off week... maybe I should wait until some deeper deals around the holidays?
A word of caution on the Bite Agave lip mask.  The packaging is really terrible.  It is almost impossible to squeeze out the product. The product itself is just so-so for me, but I understand lots of people love it and preference is an individual thing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Just thought I would mention the packaging problem because I ended up returning mine.  When I returned mine the Sephora SA said "Yes, we've had a lot of complaints exactly like yours." 

@eastofthesun just chiming it on the bite lip mask. i've had mine for two months now and i use it almost everyday and the packaging is holding up! the texture is thick so might be a little hard to squeeze -- but i think it's fine! that way you also get just the right amount of product. just don't put it where it is extremely cold. i put mine out on my vanity and the room temperature is just right for easy-squeezing! also, just be mindful where you squeeze the product so that you don't bust open the metal tube thingy. it's hard to explain but i can take a picture later, if you're interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great list!! I say go for it now...who wants to wait 9 months to stock up just for an extra 5% off?? I really love REN, the cleansing balm is great. I got a deluxe sample of the Retinoid serum in a REN trial kit....it was just ok, but maybe I'm too young to see major benefits and it's mostly preventative for me. I really like the REN cleansing water and their day cream. REN BB cream is on my list for sure!! I don't think they get enough love.
Thanks! I think I'll really like REN too! I got a few samples of the cleansing balm and it's great at taking off my stubborn mascara. I'm looking forward to the concentrate.... we'll see, I am having a hard time finding a cruelty-free retinol without silicone. Bah, heheh! I hope it works for me. Although, honestly I'm not sure as it's mostly a mixture of oils with vitamin A.

Thanks, I think I might just go for it! Everyone talks about chic week, and 15% off *is* really nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A word of caution on the Bite Agave lip mask.  The packaging is really terrible.  It is almost impossible to squeeze out the product. The product itself is just so-so for me, but I understand lots of people love it and preference is an individual thing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Just thought I would mention the packaging problem because I ended up returning mine.  When I returned mine the Sephora SA said "Yes, we've had a lot of complaints exactly like yours." 
Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, when I tried it at Sephora, it was really hard to squeeze out, but .... I thought about those things that clamp on to metal tubes to help artists squeeze out all their paint... and I might just get one. It would help me with other metal tubes, so .... it could be worth it! Although it's kind of bulky and that would be really annoying in my purse.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @eastofthesun just chiming it on the bite lip mask. i've had mine for two months now and i use it almost everyday and the packaging is holding up! the texture is thick so might be a little hard to squeeze -- but i think it's fine! that way you also get just the right amount of product. just don't put it where it is extremely cold. i put mine out on my vanity and the room temperature is just right for easy-squeezing! also, just be mindful where you squeeze the product so that you don't bust open the metal tube thingy. it's hard to explain but i can take a picture later, if you're interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I didn't know what the big hubub was about, but when I tried it in-store I instantly fell in love! It's so terrific! What do you think about the tube squeezer for use with this? Would it cause too much pressure and break the packaging?

I guess this one would be more purse-friendly than the one I posted above:

For anyone wondering, just search for 'metal tube wringer' on ebay and it comes up with lots of options, mainly for artists' paints.

I didn't know what the big hubub was about, but when I tried it in-store I instantly fell in love! It's so terrific! What do you think about the tube squeezer for use with this? Would it cause too much pressure and break the packaging?
hmmm... i haven't used a tube squeezer before, but i think the lip mask has a much thicker texture than paint, so it might break the packaging. i would just use my hands. it's really not that bad! you can also try rubbing the tube a little between your hands to warm it up, and that might help...although i don't really feel the need to do this. make sure you squeeze on different parts of the tube so as not to create any weak spots in the packaging that might cause breaking. 

I guess this one would be more purse-friendly than the one I posted above:

For anyone wondering, just search for 'metal tube wringer' on ebay and it comes up with lots of options, mainly for artists' paints.
Wow, way to problem solve.  I think this will be the perfect way to use the Bite lip mask.

hmmm... i haven't used a tube squeezer before, but i think the lip mask has a much thicker texture than paint, so it might break the packaging. i would just use my hands. it's really not that bad! you can also try rubbing the tube a little between your hands to warm it up, and that might help...although i don't really feel the need to do this. make sure you squeeze on different parts of the tube so as not to create any weak spots in the packaging that might cause breaking. 
Actually oil paint can be really thick. I used to take painting classes as a kid and by the end of the tube it's super hard to squeeze out and I would use my palette knife handle and the table to help push it out but someone in my class had one of those and they are super efficient and definitely could squeeze anything that comes in a tube.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com/2053801/2053801,default,pd.html?cgid=#q=Key&start=1

I have this one from Crabtree and Evelyn, love it! I can't say how it would work on the mask though.

That's adorbs, and at only $3.50 a steal! It's out of stock, but I signed up to receive an email when it's back in stock. Thanks!
also, being the ebay fan that i am, i looked it up on ebay... it's on there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crabtree-Evelyn-Logo-C-E-Vintage-Tube-Key-U-Pick-/370819357447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item56568e5b07

$6 including shipping! 

I got my coupon for chic week today. The dates for beauty insider are April 4 through April 11 (?). It's either the tenth or eleventh that it ends. Anyway, just letting y'all know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by elfbarbie07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my coupon for chic week today. The dates for beauty insider are April 4 through April 11 (?). It's either the tenth or eleventh that it ends. Anyway, just letting y'all know
smile.gif

I saw April 3 - 11 on Sephora's forum 
smile.gif
 VIBs can also get the same cosmetic bag that Rouge members are getting tomorrow on Thursday, April 3 - in store only and no samples are included.

I stepped into Sephora for a second and that Pantone Blush Palette is gorgeous! Do I need purple blush? My daughter decided do warlike streaks on her face while we were at the store. Its really pigmented. The balm is gorgeous too and I love the weight of the tube.

just ordered the two biggest things in my list: the NARS narsissist palette and the formula x the twenty two! now off to the store! lol

Do you have to have a coupon for this? And if so, how do you obtain it? Does it come to your email? I've got nothing yet!

Mine came via email. You can either print it or send it to your phone.

so i finished all my chic week shopping so that i can already forget all about it, and start anew in april. (i'll put myself on a $20 budget for april and may)

these are all that i got:

NARS Matte Multiple in Altai

YSL Creme de Blush in Velvety Peach

NARS The NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette

Formula X The Twenty Two

Caudalie Hand and Body Duo

YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder

Dior Addict Lip Glow

i swear i'm done with my chic week shopping!

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  so i finished all my chic week shopping so that i can already forget all about it, and start anew in april. (i'll put myself on a $20 budget for april and may)

these are all that i got:

NARS Matte Multiple in Altai

YSL Creme de Blush in Velvety Peach

NARS The NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette

Formula X The Twenty Two

Caudalie Hand and Body Duo

YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder

Dior Addict Lip Glow

i swear i'm done with my chic week shopping!
Nice haul! I got all of my online shopping done today too.

Back