What is your Sephora Chic Week shopping list?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nice haul! I got all of my online shopping done today too.
congrats! lol what did you end up buying?

so i finished all my chic week shopping so that i can already forget all about it, and start anew in april. (i'll put myself on a $20 budget for april and may) these are all that i got: NARS Matte Multiple in Altai YSL Creme de Blush in Velvety Peach NARS The NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette Formula X The Twenty Two Caudalie Hand and Body Duo YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder Dior Addict Lip Glow i swear i'm done with my chic week shopping!
Good stuff! I'm mostly done as well, but I think I'll end up getting a few bits here and there over the next few days. I tried the NARS matte multiple, loved them, but I did just get a new NARS bronzer and Too Faced bronzer palette, so I passed for now. I got: Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion REN Evercalm Global Day Cream Soap & Glory Hand Food Stil Stay All Day Liner in Dark Brown Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara NARS radiant creamy concealer in Custard REN Radiance Renewal kit Nest Indigo rollerball Some was online and some was in store. I was below my budget for Sephora in January, February, and March so I'm treating myself a bit, and some of this is restocking on items I'm almost out of. I'm only about 40% of the way to making it back to Rouge for next year. I'm thinking about picking up an eye shadow palette or something fun like that but I haven't decided.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
congrats! lol what did you end up buying?

It's a boring haul lol

• Nars tinted moisturizer
  • Tarte eyelash primer
  • Anastasia Brow Wiz
  • Clarisonic brush head
  • UD Naked 3
  • Clinique Acne clearing gel
There's a Becca blush that I want but it's out of stock. If it comes back in stock during the sale I might buy it.

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
Good stuff! I'm mostly done as well, but I think I'll end up getting a few bits here and there over the next few days. I tried the NARS matte multiple, loved them, but I did just get a new NARS bronzer and Too Faced bronzer palette, so I passed for now. I got:
Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion
REN Evercalm Global Day Cream
Soap & Glory Hand Food
Stil Stay All Day Liner in Dark Brown
Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara
NARS radiant creamy concealer in Custard
REN Radiance Renewal kit
Nest Indigo rollerball

Some was online and some was in store. I was below my budget for Sephora in January, February, and March so I'm treating myself a bit, and some of this is restocking on items I'm almost out of. I'm only about 40% of the way to making it back to Rouge for next year.

I'm thinking about picking up an eye shadow palette or something fun like that but I haven't decided. Nice! I want an Hourglass blush and powder but I have no idea which colors to get. Maybe I'll stop at Sephora when I'm in Chicago in a few days.

Nice! I want an Hourglass blush and powder but I have no idea which colors to get. Maybe I'll stop at Sephora when I'm in Chicago in a few days.
I like Dim Light because it's the most matte. I have Mood Light and I've hardly used it. I've been thinking about getting Luminous Light or Diffused Light but I use my Dim Light every day, so I feel like I might not get enough use out of them. Radiant Light seems too dark for me, Ethereal Light seems too light. I also find that the blushes swatch lighter than the color shows up on the face. Still thinking if I want to get Mood exposure blush, I have the luminous and dim ones.

It's a boring haul lol
  • Nars tinted moisturizer
  • Tarte eyelash primer
  • Anastasia Brow Wiz
  • Clarisonic brush head
  • UD Naked 3
  • Clinique Acne clearing gel
There's a Becca blush that I want but it's out of stock. If it comes back in stock during the sale I might buy it.
I felt like my haul was boring too. But I like the idea of saving money on the stuff I KNOW I will use.

I like Dim Light because it's the most matte. I have Mood Light and I've hardly used it. I've been thinking about getting Luminous Light or Diffused Light but I use my Dim Light every day, so I feel like I might not get enough use out of them. Radiant Light seems too dark for me, Ethereal Light seems too light. I also find that the blushes swatch lighter than the color shows up on the face. Still thinking if I want to get Mood exposure blush, I have the luminous and dim ones. I think radiant matches my skin tone exactly. I really like the radiant magenta blush but i'm afraid of it being too purple on me. I'm going to wait until the fall VIB 20% off sale to buy Hourglass stuff. I hope they release a blush palette this holiday.

I felt like my haul was boring too. But I like the idea of saving money on the stuff I KNOW I will use. Exactly. The UD Electric palette was in my cart but I realized I wouldn't get much use out of it.

I think radiant matches my skin tone exactly. I really like the radiant magenta blush but i'm afraid of it being too purple on me. I'm going to wait until the fall VIB 20% off sale to buy Hourglass stuff. I hope they release a blush palette this holiday.
I've convinced myself that HG will put out some type of palette even though I have no idea if this is true. I would definitely pick up a palette from them. I got the. NARS blush palette last year, but they repeat colors so often. I probably won't get another one.

Great hauls, everyone! Wow, some of you who say your list is boring are ... well, your lists aren't boring to me! And they're still good deals, and things that you need, so yay!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think radiant matches my skin tone exactly. I really like the radiant magenta blush but i'm afraid of it being too purple on me. I'm going to wait until the fall VIB 20% off sale to buy Hourglass stuff. I hope they release a blush palette this holiday.
Thanks for mentioning the VIB 20% off sale! I forgot about that, and after my Chic Week purchase, I'll be VIB!!! OH MY GOD, YAY!!!! Right? Yay, right? Hahah. I'm not sure. It means I spent a ton of money! 

Ok, so I totally edited my list again... .and I'm getting antsy because I haven't gotten my coupon for Chic Week in my email yet and I'm kind of upset because my Sephora doesn't have some of the stuff I want to buy in-store so I'll have to make an online order. Boo! I kind of want to do in-store, but oh well!

This time, I took away some things, but added more, because I want to become a VIB with this order, so I can go on a no-buy until November and then go crazy with 20% off!!!

I don't know, maybe I'm trying too hard to get to VIB status early? I just don't know... well, at least I can't start buying until I have the code!

The sharpener, loofa, teaser comb, and facial cotton are just to get me to VIB. Everything else I really want. The Bare Minerals eye cream is expensive, and I could purchase a different one, but I know it works really well for me... so... I just don't know.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Great hauls, everyone! Wow, some of you who say your list is boring are ... well, your lists aren't boring to me! And they're still good deals, and things that you need, so yay!!!!
Thanks for mentioning the VIB 20% off sale! I forgot about that, and after my Chic Week purchase, I'll be VIB!!! OH MY GOD, YAY!!!! Right? Yay, right? Hahah. I'm not sure. It means I spent a ton of money! 

Ok, so I totally edited my list again... .and I'm getting antsy because I haven't gotten my coupon for Chic Week in my email yet and I'm kind of upset because my Sephora doesn't have some of the stuff I want to buy in-store so I'll have to make an online order. Boo! I kind of want to do in-store, but oh well!

This time, I took away some things, but added more, because I want to become a VIB with this order, so I can go on a no-buy until November and then go crazy with 20% off!!!

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to hard to get to VIB status early? I just don't know... well, at least I can't start buying until I have the code!

The sharpener, loofa, teaser comb, and facial cotton are just to get me to VIB. Everything else I really want. The Bare Minerals eye cream is expensive, and I could purchase a different one, but I know it works really well for me... so... I just don't know.

Yeah, I was trying not to go too crazy since I can wait until fall to get some items.

That's a great haul! I've heard so many good things about Tarte blushes! One of these days I'm going to try the facial cotton.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know, maybe I'm trying too hard to get to VIB status early? I just don't know... well, at least I can't start buying until I have the code!

I'm not sure why you would want to become VIB if you're going to immediately go on a no-buy. It will get you an extra $5 off in December, but other than that, the perks (the VIB codes) are dependent on you making a $35+ purchase. And the 15% off coupon you get when qualifying for VIB expires after a certain amount of time (two or three months?).

I'm not sure why you would want to become VIB if you're going to immediately go on a no-buy. It will get you an extra $5 off in December, but other than that, the perks (the VIB codes) are dependent on you making a $35+ purchase. And the 15% off coupon you get when qualifying for VIB expires after a certain amount of time (two or three months?).
I think she was saying yay about the 20% off VIB sale that is in November, and only for Rouge/VIB. Keep in mind that during point promotion Rouge and VIB get4x and 3x point while BI get 2x.

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif  

There's a VIB 10% off code has been good for over a year (I think). On the card it says that you must use it within 90 days or whatever, but as long as you're at least a VIB, you can use it once a year. I was able to apply it this year before I reached VIB for 2015. She could get VIB perks later in the year when she's off the no buy and she will be a VIB thru 2015. It sucks we have to pay $25-35 for perks. Sorry I know you weren't addressing me, I was just thinking/typing aloud lol

I think she was saying yay about the 20% off VIB sale that is in November, and only for Rouge/VIB. Keep in mind that during point promotion Rouge and VIB get4x and 3x point while BI get 2x.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  There's a VIB 10% off code has been good for over a year (I think). On the card it says that you must use it within 90 days or whatever, but as long as you're at least a VIB, you can use it once a year. I was able to apply it this year before I reached VIB for 2015. She could get VIB perks later in the year when she's off the no buy and she will be a VIB thru 2015. It sucks we have to pay $25-35 for perks. Sorry I know you weren't addressing me, I was just thinking/typing aloud lol

But both of these perks (triple points, 10% coupons) won't be put to use if she puts herself on a no-buy immediately until November.

I was mostly reacting to her saying, "I don't know, maybe I'm trying too hard to get to VIB status early?". If she loves a lot of these things and will want them, she can get them throughout the year. Granted, it would be nice to get 15% off, but personally, I would find it difficult to not buy anything for seven months, so spreading out my purchases would probably mean spending less through the year.

I'm just speaking from my own experience. I specifically shopped at Sephora to qualify for Rouge when it first came out, and wound up spending around $3000 there last year. If I had just stuck to my normal spending pattern, I would have probably still qualified, but not have thrown all that money at Sephora.

I'm not trying the facial cotton on purpose, because I know I will get addicted to it!!
But its so soft.
angel.gif

I was avoiding cotton pads because they were scratching my face and cotton balls are so awkward. 

So my mail coupon said on Thursday ALL in store BI and VIB and there friends will get 15% off even without the coupon. Am I right about this?

My updated shopping list is as follows: Tarte bamboo foundation brush (the big one hehe) Tarte bright by night skincare discovery kit Urban decay eyeshadow in toasted And maybe the benefit stay flawless primer. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Quote: Originally Posted by elfbarbie07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My updated shopping list is as follows:
Tarte bamboo foundation brush (the big one hehe)
Tarte bright by night skincare discovery kit
Urban decay eyeshadow in toasted
And maybe the benefit stay flawless primer. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?
I love that foundation brush if its the airbrush one but if you wear their foundation it's a better deal to buy the set on QVC.com

Back