What mmu orders are you waiting for?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey!
Please review the organizer bag when you get it. I think you can buy just the bag. I heard it's big and it has a "brush section". If it's awesome, I was thinking about getting it.

Thanks!!

I didn't open it; it's way bigger than I need for the stuff I own, so I'm selling it. But as I understand, it holds 12 brushes/mascaras/lip glosses on the dual-sided middle flap. Plus there are zippered sections on left and right and I think even one in the middle! HTH, Kat.

Originally Posted by lklmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't open it; it's way bigger than I need for the stuff I own, so I'm selling it. But as I understand, it holds 12 brushes/mascaras/lip glosses on the dual-sided middle flap. Plus there are zippered sections on left and right and I think even one in the middle! HTH, Kat. Are you posting the "for sale" on here or elsewhere? It sounds interesting. Can you put up a couple pictures of the inside of the bag? How much are you going to ask for it?
Thanks in advance for the information!

Fyrinnae made me do it:

-Arcane Magic: Avian Shapeshifter

-Arcane Magic: Healer's Touch

-First Prize Loose Eye Shadow

-Frostblade Loose Eye Shadow

-Fyre & Ice Loose Eye Shadow

Of course I've got to spend over $25 to get my free shipping.

I just received my Alima eyeshadow order this morning, and I'm still thinking of getting the full size of some of the samples I got. They are so subtle but yet gorgeous!!

I have just ordered samples of mineral foundations from the Everyday Minerals and Elegant Minerals.

I also bought some affordable mineral foundation on ebay from joelle bare cosmetic.

I'll which one is going to be good to me. Right now I only used Isadora, which is great to use at the beginning but later it works against my sikn. I also used Rhea foundations from the local supplier but they have a chalky feeling.

So right now I'm browsing and ordering the samples
smile.gif

I just ordered the Bare Escentuals Get Started kit in Medium Beige/Medium. I've only ever tried the mineral foundation from Milani (at CVS) and I didn't really like it. I can't wait to get this order! Plus since I joined the Beauty Insiders Club, I get a free 1.7 oz of Bliss of Bliss Naked Body Butter for my birthday.

I also ordered Meow and Lumiere samples. I think I should stop now, while I won't be able to use the samples for couple of months. So I have for sampling orders on their way, and one full size from ebay.

Gosh I can't wait.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have just ordered samples of mineral foundations from the Everyday Minerals and Elegant Minerals.
I also bought some affordable mineral foundation on ebay from joelle bare cosmetic.

I'll which one is going to be good to me. Right now I only used Isadora, which is great to use at the beginning but later it works against my sikn. I also used Rhea foundations from the local supplier but they have a chalky feeling.

So right now I'm browsing and ordering the samples
smile.gif

Hi there, agatapas!
I ordered from Joelle Bare Mineral Cosmetics once - a jar of foundation in their medium shade, some yellow concealer and a couple of eyeshadows. If I recall correctly, the foundation shade was off and it made my face look quite shiny while accentuating my pores. To be fair, it could be because I may have applied too much as I was not getting the coverage I needed. Also, I was still using the dry kabuki method then. I have since discovered that the wet application technique using a large flat taklon foundation brush gives me a more even and flawless coverage. And speaking of kabuki brushes, the free mini kabuki that came with the foundation broke me out on the cheeks.
10.gif

Anyway, when I started making my own MMU, I salvaged the Joelle Bare foundation by tweaking and perfecting the color, coverage, feel, etc. Now I can't tell it apart from my own formula!
rockwoot.gif
yess.gif

However, the thing that irked
irked.gif
me the most was the S&H charge. It cost me about $10 - $11 (before the USPS price hike) to ship to Australia but now it has gone up to $15.95!
wtf.gif

I do hope you have much better luck with your Joelle Bare products. These are just my views based on my personal experience and her products may suit your skin better than they did mine.
7dh.gif

Please be sure to post reviews of all your samples and purchases when you get them.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sat-chit-ananda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi there, agatapas!
I ordered from Joelle Bare Mineral Cosmetics once - a jar of foundation in their medium shade, some yellow concealer and a couple of eyeshadows. If I recall correctly, the foundation shade was off and it made my face look quite shiny while accentuating my pores. To be fair, it could be because I may have applied too much as I was not getting the coverage I needed. Also, I was still using the dry kabuki method then. I have since discovered that the wet application technique using a large flat taklon foundation brush gives me a more even and flawless coverage. And speaking of kabuki brushes, the free mini kabuki that came with the foundation broke me out on the cheeks.
10.gif

Anyway, when I started making my own MMU, I salvaged the Joelle Bare foundation by tweaking and perfecting the color, coverage, feel, etc. Now I can't tell it apart from my own formula!
rockwoot.gif
yess.gif

However, the thing that irked
irked.gif
me the most was the S&H charge. It cost me about $10 - $11 (before the USPS price hike) to ship to Australia but now it has gone up to $15.95!
wtf.gif

I do hope you have much better luck with your Joelle Bare products. These are just my views based on my personal experience and her products may suit your skin better than they did mine.
7dh.gif

Please be sure to post reviews of all your samples and purchases when you get them.
smile.gif

Hi ,
thanks for the review. The cost of sipping is normal to me, while I always need to pay a lot to get sth shipped to Poland. I'm just used to it.

Your opinion on this ebay makeup doesn't sound, good. I'm mad I haven't found this forum before I placed an order, but still it seemed so cheap comparing to the prices of MMU here in Poland.

I think I still have to read a lot about MMU application to be ready for my samples.

I'm really bad I ordered another two sets of samples today. I need to block my paypal account or else
kopfkratz.gif

I have 8 samples orders on the way + this one from ebay. Gosh it will take me months to use it. I plan to make photo of my face in each sample to compare.

I also ordered flat top syntetic brush, while most of you find it as better for the flawless MMU application.

Just ordered some foundation, blush and e/s samples from Lure Beauty late last night. They sent me an email this morning that it was shipped.
rockwoot.gif
This is the fastest shipping I have ever experienced. Plus the shipping rates are unbelievably cheap to Canada. All the samples come in jars (some are 20-gr size) and it was only $1.93 to ship.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just ordered some foundation, blush and e/s samples from Lure Beauty late last night. They sent me an email this morning that it was shipped.
rockwoot.gif
This is the fastest shipping I have ever experienced. Plus the shipping rates are unbelievably cheap to Canada. All the samples come in jars (some are 20-gr size) and it was only $1.93 to ship. Wow, that's an awesome shipping rate to Canada. It's too bad i'm done buying MMU since my next venture is to make my own.
rotfl.gif
Hope you enjoy your order.
rockwoot.gif

I got my Lumiere brushes today!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
The 9 Piece Set and the Buffer... they are so soft, I think I love them.

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, that's an awesome shipping rate to Canada. It's too bad i'm done buying MMU since my next venture is to make my own.
rotfl.gif
Hope you enjoy your order.
rockwoot.gif
You're gonna have such a ball making your MMU you'll be too busy to shop online!
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just ordered some foundation, blush and e/s samples from Lure Beauty late last night. They sent me an email this morning that it was shipped.
rockwoot.gif
This is the fastest shipping I have ever experienced. Plus the shipping rates are unbelievably cheap to Canada. All the samples come in jars (some are 20-gr size) and it was only $1.93 to ship. Wow!
7b.gif
Only $1.93? That is next to nothing!!! I hope you find some HGs amongst those samples.
luv.gif

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi ,
thanks for the review. The cost of sipping is normal to me, while I always need to pay a lot to get sth shipped to Poland. I'm just used to it.

Your opinion on this ebay makeup doesn't sound, good. I'm mad I haven't found this forum before I placed an order, but still it seemed so cheap comparing to the prices of MMU here in Poland.

I didn't mean to discourage or alarm you, agatapas. I think it's just me...my lousy skin has such "special" needs. It might very well be perfect for your skin and your needs.
smile.gif

I'm waiting for an Alienor order:

- 1 x Foundation Sedona Mini

- 1 x Foundation Seychelles Mini

- 1 x Foundation Neutral Beige Mini- 1 x Sample Set Eye- (- Tropic Moondust- Rainforest- Cloudless Sky- Bikini Bronze- Spindrift)

rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by xveronicax /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm waiting for an Alienor order:
- 1 x Foundation Sedona Mini

- 1 x Foundation Seychelles Mini

- 1 x Foundation Neutral Beige Mini- 1 x Sample Set Eye- (- Tropic Moondust- Rainforest- Cloudless Sky- Bikini Bronze- Spindrift)

rockwoot.gif

Hi Veronica!
Is Aliénor the German company that re-sells Monave and GeoGrafx? Please don't forget to post reviews on your samples.
smile.gif

I`m waiting for my 2 MAC e/s in Woodwinked.(My absolute favourite)

And for my MAC lipglass in Viva Glam(also a favourite)

my bf said i should get my orders on monday ! omg its still a long wait i cant wait to try it out !

Back