What Saved Your Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What saved my skin?

Tazorac, camelia oil and lots of exercise. Also another biggie - quitting smoking!

Dermatologist saved my Skin by RatinA and Eldoquin!

i guess all should visit derm. frequently!

I used freederm lotion and it really got rid of my spots. Now I would say the origins white tea range, and e45 cream for when my skin ets really dr. Mosty though, learning how to relax and stop stressing!

Hands down, the best thing I did to save my skin was to drink water - LOTS of it! It really makes a diiference in texture, tone and of course, hydration.

Skin care - philosophy Micro Delivery Peel. Better than any masque or any other facial treatment that I have ever used.

Products:

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil - Fresh

Shu Uemura Depsea Water Facial Mist

Vaseline

Habits:

Drinking more water

Quit smoking

Washing my face before bed

As others have mentioned, water is vital. I drink at least 8 glasses a day, and up to 12.

Products:

--Sunscreen

--Dan Kern's Regimen Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (2.5%)

--Laventine Normal/Oily Skin Cleansing Oil (night)

--Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser (morning), with Gentle Buff Puff

--Dermalogica Gentle Exfoliant Cream 2/week

--Mask: milk of magnesia 2/week & Aztec Healing Clay 1/week

--Olay Total Effects Serum & Olay Moisture Therapy Cream, Sensitive (night)

I know, it's a pretty involved regimen but this is the best my skin has ever looked. It ALMOST looks flawless. Past acne scars have faded and my skin glows. And this is for an extremely oily-skinned, blemish-prone 29-year old!

Have completely stopped wearing foundation or powder.

Only wear loose powder now when I want to dress up.

Accutane (23 years ago)

Aggressive Laser Resurfacing

Obagi Nu Dederm System with Retin A

Monthly microdermabrasion

Chemical Peels

Dermalogica's precleanse oil and microfoliant for cleansing, Prescriptives Timeproof Oil Control Lotion as my day moisturiser (regulates oiliness like nothing else I have tried so far) and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (this is really helping me get rid of all the scars I have from squeezing spots on my chin)!

I've recently struggled with eczema and dry skin and my housemate recommended something called Aqueous Cream. It's not necessarily for people with eczema but also for dry skin. The thing is, I normally always have a pimple somewhere on my face but after I started using this my skin has completely cleared up!

Unfortunately I don't know if this stuff is available in the US, but you can get it from Boots here in the UK.

I use the Garnier Nutritioniste serum morning and night, and the stuff ROCKS. I normally have to exfoliate like a crazed person (because I use Studio Fix) but since using GN I don't have to exfoliate nearly as much (meaning there is no gross dead flaky skin on my face.) LOVE IT.

aspirin mask....i starting using it and my face has cleared up alomost to 100%.. i cant live with out it...

I have really oily skin and Dermalogica's oil absorbing lotion helped with that.

Dullness- Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliation mask/Bioderm's toner

Pores/acne- I started with antibiotics but moved to Differin.

Hyperpigmentation- Tri-luma

I'm not using all these products all at once, just as I need them.

After four years of increasingly worse acne, I finally went to a dermatologist. I've been taking dioxcyclin antibiotics for several months, which really cleared me up like nothing else. For about a month I've also been using Clindamycin lotion which is anti-bacterial. A prescription is necessary for both of those things, but if you have acne, just bite the bullet and go to a doctor! I REALLY wish I had earlier!! I now have so much scarring left over, I'm very annoyed at myself for picking so much and doing all that damage. I think I'm going to try a heavy duty glycolic peel and some copper serum in an effort to improve the scars (from Platinum Skincare).

Back