What Saved Your Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Laurenbusta!

What is aspirin mask? I know that aspirin is salicylic acid (powdered), and that salicylic acid is a wonderful refining ingredient in skincare products, but what is aspirin mask? If it is for sale, I'll buy it!

Thanks for sharing!

E45 is bascially the same thing as Aqueous cream, like Vasline and petroleum jelly.

I'm still trying to perfect my skin but so far exfoliating often, drinking alot of water, cod liver oil/flaxseed oil and my facial brush have helped alot. I may have to try that aspirin mask though.

My Derms reccomendations:

Retin A as a teenager, Johnsons Buff Puff, Aveeno products and remembering that "Less is best!"

Well, I've done quite a few aspirin masks myself, and they made my skin very smooth, but I was never consistent enough to have it actually clear my skin. Anyway, the way I make them is to buy a bottle of cheap uncoated aspirin (about $1 at Wal-Mart), then take about ten out, but them in a clean little condiment dish, add a squirt of pure aloe vera gel (I used Fruit of the Earth Brand), let is start to dissovle the pills for a few seconds, mix it up, and spread it on a clean face. The aspirin never completely dissolves, it actually turns into little tiny granules in the gel, but it does work. Once the mask is dry (i.e. the aspirin granules will brush off easily with a finger), moisten your face, scrub for a few seconds, and rinse completely off with a cool water rinse, following with a light moisturizer. Be careful not to get the aspirin in your eyes--ouch! I hope that helps! If you need more, I believe MakeupAlley has a huge thread about it (that's where I discovered the mask a couple of years ago). All in all it's a cheap and effective solution that can be done in a resonable amount of time. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can always play around with different ingredients until you find a mixture you like. Good luck!!

The main thing that has helped my skin is a oragnic sunscreen spf 15.. I use it daily. Then I drink water most the time which must make some sort of difference and I have a good balanced diet too.

hey estamps.. some of the other members gave some great information about the aspirin mask.. i personally just mix water and aspirin into a paste.. i use coated aspirin but i dont know if that makes a difference.. i also put it on at night as a nighttime treatment but many ppl have thought it was drying to their skin so just use sparingly at first until u find the routine that works for u.. but personally i swear by it..

Johnston and Johnston Purpose cleanser

Mario Badescu Special Cleansing lotion C

Mario Badescu oil free moisterizer spf 17

and Mario Badescu drying lotion for overnight spot treatment.

It took me forever to figure out what to use. I constantly had problems before.

you sort of look like angelina jolie in that pic! Anyway, for cleanser, just dissolve some aspirins in a gel cleanser till it forms a grainy scrub-like consistency. If your cleanser is not water based, you will probably have to add some to help the aspirin along. I guess you could do this in your cleanser bottle, but I only have done it on a single use basis (squirt of cleanser in a little condiment cup). The problem with aspirin toner is that, at least in my experience, the aspirin never completely dissolves, it always leaves little granules. I have made a half apple cider vinegar/ half water toner blend, and then added about 10 asprin to the bottle, and the aspirins dissolve mostly, but the little white granules settle at the bottom. So, when you use the toner, either tip the bottle careful to avoid stirring up the aspirin and getting it on your cotton ball, or just be willing to brush the aspirin off your face when the toner dries (sort of a pain!). Personally, I found that aspirin toner wasn't really worth it, because the vinegar has acetic acid anyway, which totally smooths your skin. Just don't get it in your eyes! The vinegar smell goes away once it dries. You can always start with a low vinegar concentration if you have sensitive skin. Anyway, sorry this was so long! Hope it helped! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Klear Action acne treatment kit (exactly identical active ingredients as Proactiv, half the price at Target!) and the new Meaningful Beauty line by Cindy Crawford. (meaningfulbeauty.com)

FYI, I've had acne problems since 5th grade (I'm now 25) and nothing worked till now. I'm sure Proactiv would do fantastically as well, but at half the price and no shipping, and your own purchasing schedule, why the heck not??

Also, my skin is in pretty great shape youthfulness-wise as I'm only in my mid-twenties. But I heard that the foundations of wrinkles begin during this age period, and that's when you really need to start caring for your skin, if you haven't already been doing so. And while I'm very supportive of embracing age and doing so gracefully, taking care of your skin is important. Meaningful Beauty is not anti-aging, but rather age maintenance: your best skin for your age. Even with my youthful skin, I noticed a difference after my first use! It made my skin so velvety, gave me a noticeable radiance, and I even saw an improvement in the small wrinkles that only I notice when I scrutinize right up front in the mirror!

Both are DEFINITELY my HGs for skincare!!!

Clinque antibacterial bar soap and foaming cleanser 7 day scrub and the most wonderful spot treatment (acne spot treatment) it works so well....also birth control and less stresssss

Following a regime described by Dr Baumann's book 'The skin type solutions' !! :rockwoot:

Back