What's Irritating You Today Rant Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girls in general are irritating me today. First I'm having issues with a few of my guy friends....they have new girlfriends who have decided they don't want them speaking to me anymore (and made it well known)....I have no clue what the hell I did but it gets me so mad. My boyfriend has plenty of female friends and I don't freak out on them. 

Second I went to get my bangs trimmed at a salon today, and I had a super nice gay guy cutting my hair. All these female stylists kept coming up asking about my dye job and saying how great it looked (thinking he had just done it)....when I told them all I do it myself with *gasp* semi perm dye they all started getting an attitude saying "you can't get color like that from ANYTHING but professional dyes"....then proceeded to touch my hair and point out all the flaws in my coloring abilities (which they were just complimenting when they though It was done at their salon). 

And 3rd recently I've been receiving messages like this one on here from various users insulting everything from my hair, to my weight, to accusing me of photoshopping my pictures. 

Is it something I'm doing? 
nixweiss.gif
I LOVE your hair! I wish i had the courage to wear pink hair lol! dont listen to those losers who send you those messages! its soo pretty!

Thank you very much for the support ladies!!!! 
wub.gif

I guess after it happens so many times you just kind of have to stop and think if it's something your doing wrong.

I know it sounds very stereotypical, but I've always been friends with nothing but guys and not really by choice. My mom has pictures of me when I was little at daycare just playing with groups of boys...she said all the girls kind of ignored me, but the boys were really nice (and this was obviously before hormones were in the picture). Nowadays before introducing me to a friend or girlfriend guys always say things like "She can be a little much at first, but she's nicer when you get to know her"......isn't that just another way of saying "she's a witch, but you'll get used to it"? lol. They don't do that before introducing a guy friend, so why do they want to hang out with girls who they have to give warnings about?

I just don't know how to go about making friends when every one you meet already has their mind made up about you before even giving you a chance. In my head I think oh I have pink hair, it'll be fun going to a salon and having like minded people to talk to...but then they are just really rude for no reason and I don't get why. Guys don't do that crap...I don't go into gamestop to trade in a weird game and have a group of dudes walk up to me and start insulting me for playing it 
nixweiss.gif

I swear I'm not some conceited jerk who thinks I'm hot stuff and everyone is jealous of me.....I'm the most awkward, nerdy, self deprecating person you will ever meet. I just honest to god cannot figure out why i bring out the claws in women, but have zero difficulty making guy friends. If I were unknowingly a complete witch or something I'd think I would have no friends or at least someone would tell me lol. The older I get the more I feel like I want meaningful friendships so that's why I've been over thinking it I guess. 

Part of why i love this forum so much is because I get to chat with so many of you who are really genuinely awesome. I've never had that in my personal life so it's really nice being able to have that kind of interaction here 
smile.gif

Fairest, I totally get it! I feel pretty comfortable around guys and always felt more at ease with them than with girls. I am not the most socially adept butterfly lol, by any means. But I've got enough acquaintances and my inner circle. I feel like guys are more direct and will just duke it out and dust each other off afterwards. But when women are dealing with each other, we can have a tendency to get real vicious and underhanded...it becomes so much more mental than physical and that scars worse.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fairest, I totally get it! I feel pretty comfortable around guys and always felt more at ease with them than with girls. I am not the most socially adept butterfly lol, by any means. But I've got enough acquaintances and my inner circle. I feel like guys are more direct and will just duke it out and dust each other off afterwards. But when women are dealing with each other, we can have a tendency to get real vicious and underhanded...it becomes so much more mental than physical and that scars worse.
Don't get me wrong...I've met some nice girls and not everyone has wanted a piece of me. Just in general the way women act baffles me. I'll go with my boyfriend to his male bosses work parties and it always seems to be guys doing one thing in one room, girls doing another. The women without fail do NOTHING but gossip when the guys aren't around! Gossip about neighbors down the street, gossip about celebrities, gossip about that witch who gave them a dirty look at the gym.....why on earth do you want to spend your life that way? I fully admit on my end sitting there like 
blink.gif

I realize by not contributing to the conversation I isolate myself and make it hard to grow closer with them...but seriously I would MUCH rather go shoot some darts with the guys and talk about the new Spiderman movie. I just don't have it in me to be so damn negative all the time

It was the same way throughout school....the girls would just constantly tear one another apart and I just never wanted any part of it. During lunch and after school my guy friends and I would go hang out in the engineering room working on a hovercraft, while the girls I know just sat around witching about life. I just never saw the point in spending your life talking about everyone else's. 

Don't get me wrong...I've met some nice girls and not everyone has wanted a piece of me. Just in general the way women act baffles me. I'll go with my boyfriend to his male bosses work parties and it always seems to be guys doing one thing in one room, girls doing another. The women without fail do NOTHING but gossip when the guys aren't around! Gossip about neighbors down the street, gossip about celebrities, gossip about that witch who gave them a dirty look at the gym.....why on earth do you want to spend your life that way? I fully admit on my end sitting there like 
blink.gif

I realize by not contributing to the conversation I isolate myself and make it hard to grow closer with them...but seriously I would MUCH rather go shoot some darts with the guys and talk about the new Spiderman movie. I just don't have it in me to be so damn negative all the time

It was the same way throughout school....the girls would just constantly tear one another apart and I just never wanted any part of it. During lunch and after school my guy friends and I would go hang out in the engineering room working on a hovercraft, while the girls I know just sat around witching about life. I just never saw the point in spending your life talking about everyone else's. 
Fairest, I just wanted to post to let you know this is just typical behavior (imo) when a person does not fit into some "stereotypical image" of what a girl should be about/care about.  It really is so sad that women have to cut each other down to feel better about themselves, and I can completely relate to your situation.  Once I went to a party where all the wives were separated from the husbands, and all the women could do was complain about everything the men would/would not do.  Most of their complaints were not things that I had issues with with my husband, so I didn't have very much to add.  But then they started complaining about fantasy football (i run a league) and hubby busted me, it was over from there.  They were very rude, saying things like the only reason I can do it is cuz i dont have kids, etc.  I just stayed with the men after that.  In general, I like to "do" things, not just "talk about" things, and I guess that is why I prefer men, but I really have male centric hobbies, so that might contribute as well (I love all sports, video games, anime, fishing, camping etc)  BTW, I love your entire look, and usually love reading your posts (just sad this type of behavior is happening to you)

Originally Posted by sweeet513 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fairest, I just wanted to post to let you know this is just typical behavior (imo) when a person does not fit into some "stereotypical image" of what a girl should be about/care about.  It really is so sad that women have to cut each other down to feel better about themselves, and I can completely relate to your situation.  Once I went to a party where all the wives were separated from the husbands, and all the women could do was complain about everything the men would/would not do.  Most of their complaints were not things that I had issues with with my husband, so I didn't have very much to add.  But then they started complaining about fantasy football (i run a league) and hubby busted me, it was over from there.  They were very rude, saying things like the only reason I can do it is cuz i dont have kids, etc.  I just stayed with the men after that.  In general, I like to "do" things, not just "talk about" things, and I guess that is why I prefer men, but I really have male centric hobbies, so that might contribute as well (I love all sports, video games, anime, fishing, camping etc)  BTW, I love your entire look, and usually love reading your posts (just sad this type of behavior is happening to you)
Thank you for such a kind response 
wub.gif

I feel very similar to you in that I'm 24, unmarried with no kids but living with my boyfriend...but most of the people my age and older are married or divorced with kids and I just have no way to fit into that sort of social setting. It seems like they go around just expecting justification for their complaints then wanting you to add how bad your life is to make them feel better. It's just hard because my life is not dramatic like that...I choose to not let it be. Very much like you said...I told them that I had just bought and paid off my home, car, and credit cards and got a very fast "well the ONLY reason you could do that is because you don't have kids to take care of like we do"....um yes, I chose a different path than you. Can't you just be happy for my accomplishment instead of turning it around to excuses for why you haven't done it? I just went and hung out with the guys and had a much better time lol.

While I am quite girly in some ways, I also have male centric hobbies. I'm very much a science nerd so for fun my boyfriend and I do things like camping and digging for fossils at a nearby hot spot, raising our own ladybugs, butterflies, mantis, etc then releasing them, star watching and home improvement projects. Don't get me wrong I enjoy getting a coffee and window shopping as well, but like you said I feel the need to do physically and intellectually stimulating activities and it seems like girls are never into them. 

I'm sorry to hear it's happened to you as well....I really wish women would make a real effort to just be supportive of one another. 

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Stupid political propaganda and other campaign automated calls. I'm on the do not call list and yet they still keep calling.
Political calls are exempt from the National Do Not Call List.  It's the only reason Congress actually passed the Bill for the NDNCL.  And any company you have ever given your phone number or other contact information to is also exempt.  Unfortunately.  Really it just makes me want to swear.  I hate political calls.  You have to tell the caller to remove you from THEIR calling list.  The law says they have up to 30 days to do it. 
bang.gif

Girls in general are irritating me today. First I'm having issues with a few of my guy friends....they have new girlfriends who have decided they don't want them speaking to me anymore (and made it well known)....I have no clue what the hell I did but it gets me so mad. My boyfriend has plenty of female friends and I don't freak out on them. 

Second I went to get my bangs trimmed at a salon today, and I had a super nice gay guy cutting my hair. All these female stylists kept coming up asking about my dye job and saying how great it looked (thinking he had just done it)....when I told them all I do it myself with *gasp* semi perm dye they all started getting an attitude saying "you can't get color like that from ANYTHING but professional dyes"....then proceeded to touch my hair and point out all the flaws in my coloring abilities (which they were just complimenting when they though It was done at their salon). 

And 3rd recently I've been receiving messages like this one on here from various users insulting everything from my hair, to my weight, to accusing me of photoshopping my pictures. 

Is it something I'm doing? 
nixweiss.gif
Um, yeah, one reason my ID pic is flowers.  People are so mean. 

Does it count when I get irritated to people who boast in their FB pages that there are a lot of people hating them for some reasons?

Like this:

and people bragging about something their partner is buying for them like posting -- "Thanks honey because you are buying me APPLE IPAD3 and I sooo love my iPhone4s! Cannot wait for iPhone5!"

I'm like, OMG!! Puhleeeeeezeee!

I admit, there WERE times that I used to post stuff like these but minutes later, I take them off my FB..

It's plainly annoying and I have to ask my husband OVER and OVER if I am like that in my FB, he says no.

Funny, I consult him if I want to brag something, on FB, he says its okay but I myself dont want to do it, because I do not want to annoy others too.
mad.gif

Got into a bit of a disagreement with a very narrow minded, ignorant person. That is all.

That is all ridiculous. First of all, what is the big deal about pink hair? When I was a young punk girl in the late 80s and early 90s, I was the only one of my friends without some color not found in nature hair and that was only because with my curls I can't get away with it without looking like the Afro circus zebra. I was the weirdo cause my hair was either blonde or henna red. Secondly, that behavior is mostly from sad, insecure little people. I went to an all women's college and 20 years later still have bright, gorgeous and intelligent girlfriends who are with me no matter what. There really are women like that! 

Regardless, I'd rather be the threat than a sad little person, so what do I know.
patches.gif

Thank you for such a kind response 
wub.gif

I feel very similar to you in that I'm 24, unmarried with no kids but living with my boyfriend...but most of the people my age and older are married or divorced with kids and I just have no way to fit into that sort of social setting. It seems like they go around just expecting justification for their complaints then wanting you to add how bad your life is to make them feel better. It's just hard because my life is not dramatic like that...I choose to not let it be. Very much like you said...I told them that I had just bought and paid off my home, car, and credit cards and got a very fast "well the ONLY reason you could do that is because you don't have kids to take care of like we do"....um yes, I chose a different path than you. Can't you just be happy for my accomplishment instead of turning it around to excuses for why you haven't done it? I just went and hung out with the guys and had a much better time lol.

While I am quite girly in some ways, I also have male centric hobbies. I'm very much a science nerd so for fun my boyfriend and I do things like camping and digging for fossils at a nearby hot spot, raising our own ladybugs, butterflies, mantis, etc then releasing them, star watching and home improvement projects. Don't get me wrong I enjoy getting a coffee and window shopping as well, but like you said I feel the need to do physically and intellectually stimulating activities and it seems like girls are never into them. 

I'm sorry to hear it's happened to you as well....I really wish women would make a real effort to just be supportive of one another. 

Lack of sleep is making me very irritated. My son kept waking my husband and I up all night long and I couldn't fall asleep at all. Just had a test last thursday, had one yesterday, have one today to turn in, and have an exam on Thursday. I wish Friday would hurry up and get here so I can start my break!!

I have wayyy too much stuff! Going to have a sale on my blog and hopefully rehome it. But geez. I was doing really well last year with cutting down on things and then I think I went nuts with subscription boxes and sales and ended up with way too many extras and things I will never use.

I'm trying to move out of here soon so I can move in with my bf too, so I really need to pare down so that moving isn't a total nightmare.

I spent 3 hrs at the beach and I got sunburnt on the left side while I was driving home!!!

No air conditioning. The only reason I keep my job, besides needing the money, is because I have the best boss in the world. I feel like I need a shower every 2 hours because I'm so sweaty. My laptop will not download OpenOffice. My Birchbox is missing a freaking sample. Grrr! Bad Day.

Back