What's your HG mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is is just me.. Everyone seems to love BE -but i find that it doesn't offer great coverages and I don't like that the foundation has shimmer to it. Does anyone know of a better brand of mineral makeup?? Has anyone tried that line by Leeza Gibbons?

There are all kinds of better brands than BE - and almost all of them without bismuth and other common irritants.

Most of them are cottage industry, though, so the advertising is largely word-of-mouth. Check out this forum for info on lots of them - both your skin and your wallet will thank you.

Thanks Gavriela.. I hope to get some good info because I thought I was the only one not crazy about BE... Everyone raves about them but among the other things mentioned I find it also makes me break out more than regular foundations

At the moment i'm using Inika minerals. Don't know what to think about it yet, since it's my first facial powder (never used any before).

I have tried a few brands and tested my samples again recently - but I keep going back to EDM. Looks the most natural with the best coverage and choice of shades and cost and and and...

Milan Mineral Cydney in the winter and Cydney + Sydrese in the summer; but I wish it lasted a little longer

Originally Posted by liznewark /img/forum/go_quote.gif Milan Mineral Cydney in the winter and Cydney + Sydrese in the summer; but I wish it lasted a little longer hi there.. what that brand?

Hi ladies. I just wanted to give an update on my mmu hg search.

So I gave Monave a try and I liked the great full coverage and creamy-matte finish, but Lumiere Velvet Veena is still my number 1 HG.

When it comes to foundations, my HGs are:

1) Lumiere Velvet Veena

2) Monave

3) Everyday Minerals & J. Lynne (I just couldn't chose between the two!)

In terms of colored makeup (eyeshadows, blushes, etc.), my HGs are:

1) J. Lynne (only because most of my blushes and eyeshadows are from J. Lynne)

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Toodles!

for me :MMU foundation from Cory!!!

finally my searching has ended..I've been looking MMU that can give great coverage, creamy and flawless finish,brightening the skin and cheap (of couse).it's all in Cory.I'm so gald that I found it.

I have tried several MMU brands such as :BE,EDM,Tval,Lumiere,monave,meow etc.

I just used EDM and like it

Foundation: Light, semi-matte & matte (I don't know why the matte one is lighter than the semi-matte)

Blushes: All Smiles & Pink Ribbon

Finishing powder: Pure Silk Dust - a little bit too white for me

Concealer: Multitasking - it's ok for dark undereye circles, it covers better when using wet

I'm waiting for my foundation, Date Bait & blushes from Silk Naturals
smile.gif

Love this thread! I'm an MMU newbie.

I've only sampled EDM so far and I like it (O Glo). I want to sample other shades though to find my HG shade with them.

I'm waiting for my meow, lumiere, and joppa samples and then I can probably decide which one is the ONE (I hope, hehehe).

Now I guess that it is safe to say: LaurEss Minimalist. Great foundation for very light dry application, acts well with my skin chemistry (no colour change, no pooling - even if my skin gets oily), disquises pores and fine lines, does not have any glitter that shows up in sunlight, very natural finish, buildable coverage. And excellent colour match! Love the professional and easy to use website, too. Customer service: great!

Tested so far:

Alima: Good one, but no perfect colour match. My own coctail is the backup for LaurEss.

Meow: Perfect colour match, Pampered Puss is OK but has some glitter. Flawless Feline does not work on my skin.

Lumiere: Still sampling, haven't found the colour match. Cashmere does not work on my skin - very uneven results, does not last. Flawless is better, have to try the other formulas.

EDM: No good colour match (well, perhaps for winter but dunno). Intensive and matte are too heavy, other two foundies have glitter that shows up in sunlight and some artificial lighting. Like the overall look of Original Glo for some occassions. Colours are just too... ...colourful.

Dreamworld: Very promising, still testing. Foud a good shade for summer.

Fyrinnae: Good colour match but even the lighter version was too heavy for my taste. Definitely try if you seek matte foundie with good coverage - their matte really is matte.

And then there are some - but tested just once or twice...

i still havent found my hg! you gals who have are lucky! i'm hoping to find my hg in cory, dreamworld, or something else! EDM, lumiere, and others have not worked for me...

Foundation - Monave(Yolanda), Cory (Still finding the shade),

My samples for joppa, lumiere, dreamworld and fyrinnae are on the way..dun know when Hope to find my HG in there.

Primer - waiting for my sample from fyrinnae,

eyes and lippies- PL, alima

Finishing veil - still finding the rite one. have used alima and signature minerals - causes breakouts and itchiness.

emma

My HG's

Concealer - EDM Sunlight

Foundation - Alima W2

FS - Joppa Finishing silk sheer

Blush - EDM all smiles (so far, still sampling)

Eyeshadows - I like '' Love'' in MAD ( Pale lavendar shimmer with a hint of Grey/blue).

I have tested many but my fav is Silk Naturals doesnt make me stop testing though LOL

Originally Posted by Kamicha /img/forum/go_quote.gif Now I guess that it is safe to say: LaurEss Minimalist. Great foundation for very light dry application, acts well with my skin chemistry (no colour change, no pooling - even if my skin gets oily), disquises pores and fine lines, does not have any glitter that shows up in sunlight, very natural finish, buildable coverage. And excellent colour match! Love the professional and easy to use website, too. Customer service: great!
Tested so far:

Alima: Good one, but no perfect colour match. My own coctail is the backup for LaurEss.

Meow: Perfect colour match, Pampered Puss is OK but has some glitter. Flawless Feline does not work on my skin.

Lumiere: Still sampling, haven't found the colour match. Cashmere does not work on my skin - very uneven results, does not last. Flawless is better, have to try the other formulas.

EDM: No good colour match (well, perhaps for winter but dunno). Intensive and matte are too heavy, other two foundies have glitter that shows up in sunlight and some artificial lighting. Like the overall look of Original Glo for some occassions. Colours are just too... ...colourful.

Dreamworld: Very promising, still testing. Foud a good shade for summer.

Fyrinnae: Good colour match but even the lighter version was too heavy for my taste. Definitely try if you seek matte foundie with good coverage - their matte really is matte.

And then there are some - but tested just once or twice...

it's very helpful, thank youbut how is your skin, normal or oily, cause i have oily skin and just don't know what to choose, very confused

and i don't know what is the difference between Lauress foundie's formulas, could u tell me

thanks

Back