What's your HG mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that Suncats gives me a more natural look. I have been going more organic natural and started checking makeup and skincare. At first I thought all mmu was "natural" but there are synthenic ingd. in different lines. Now I check ingredients first and I have found Suncats is founded on the same principles that I've been looking for. There isn't any "fancy packaging" but I find the ingredients to be a high quality. The foundation is very forgiving when trying to find a match. There are 3 levels sunshine is the basic which I didn't try I went to the 2nd and liked it but the FC (3rd)coverage the best for me. Its very easy to layer to get even more coverage.

The blush and eye colors are "toned" down from alot of other brands I have checked out I don't like alot of the glittery shiny look.

Sunbeauty is a treatment you use at night that helps with pores and I use it every night and have found great results with it.

I dont know if you checked out the website but one day I read thru it all and it was exactly what I've been looking for so I started ordering. Haven't been able to stop cuz I love all that I've tried. Check it out!

i'd say monave for foundation, be glimmers for the eyeshadows, and i have mixed brands for blush. i love blush! coastal scents' mineral veil is great too

I found more HGs (really, really good foundations, IMO):

DreamWorld

Buff'd

Joppa

So far I am really loving these 3. Finish is flawless and coverage is buildable from medium to heavy.

Originally Posted by sbs4536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find that Suncats gives me a more natural look. I have been going more organic natural and started checking makeup and skincare. At first I thought all mmu was "natural" but there are synthenic ingd. in different lines. Now I check ingredients first and I have found Suncats is founded on the same principles that I've been looking for. There isn't any "fancy packaging" but I find the ingredients to be a high quality. The foundation is very forgiving when trying to find a match. There are 3 levels sunshine is the basic which I didn't try I went to the 2nd and liked it but the FC (3rd)coverage the best for me. Its very easy to layer to get even more coverage. The blush and eye colors are "toned" down from alot of other brands I have checked out I don't like alot of the glittery shiny look.

Sunbeauty is a treatment you use at night that helps with pores and I use it every night and have found great results with it.

I dont know if you checked out the website but one day I read thru it all and it was exactly what I've been looking for so I started ordering. Haven't been able to stop cuz I love all that I've tried. Check it out!

Thank you for telling me!I looked at the website - she does have a lot of good info on there -

PS - have you used the tinted lip balms? I was wondering how much color you get from them.

Originally Posted by sbs4536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find that Suncats gives me a more natural look. I have been going more organic natural and started checking makeup and skincare. At first I thought all mmu was "natural" but there are synthenic ingd. in different lines. Now I check ingredients first and I have found Suncats is founded on the same principles that I've been looking for. There isn't any "fancy packaging" but I find the ingredients to be a high quality. The foundation is very forgiving when trying to find a match. There are 3 levels sunshine is the basic which I didn't try I went to the 2nd and liked it but the FC (3rd)coverage the best for me. Its very easy to layer to get even more coverage. The blush and eye colors are "toned" down from alot of other brands I have checked out I don't like alot of the glittery shiny look.

I almost gave up on mineral makeup because of Suncat's foundation. I thought it looked really good at home, but one day I saw myself in some brighter light and it looked absolutely horrendous! I mean scary bad. I was out of town and hid in my hotel room because I was so embarrassed.
Fortunately I switched to Everyday Minerals, and now it seems to look good even in very bright light, sunlight, store lights etc.

I'm using the matte formula which is not flat at all - it has a very nice, light finish and really minimizes my pores and lines. I also found a much better color match with EM. Suncat's most yellow foundation was still to orange and not nearly enough yellow toned. (I know she says they are completely neutral and not orange toned, but if you have more yellow in your skin, what she considers neutral is not going to match you... and that's probably the same with other stronger undertones.)

The owner Shelley is great and there are a couple of products I will still order from her. But EM foundation works so much better for me. (Which is great because it is sooooo much cheaper - especially when you purchase the kits. Now I can afford to wear MMU everyday and try out tons of colors.)

My faves are from Everyday Minerals. I love their foundation in Intensive and the corrector in Light.

foundation&concealer: Minerals will work for you

eye shadow: simply naturals&Taylor made minerals

i don't like mineral powder and don't use primer&blush

Wow that surprises me cuz I love the finish it gives me but I guess we all have different skintones and texture and that is why we have so many options in mineral makeup. EM did nothing for me and would only last about an hour. Jlynn is the one that turned orange on me.

my HG's are EDM and Meow for foundations

Erth veil, edm's silk and pureluxe finishing powders

eyeshadows - fyrinnae, pureluxe and archetype, although alima has some great shadows

blushes - pureluxe and edm

Originally Posted by sbs4536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow that surprises me cuz I love the finish it gives me but I guess we all have different skintones and texture and that is why we have so many options in mineral makeup. EM did nothing for me and would only last about an hour. Jlynn is the one that turned orange on me. I was reading some posts about Suncat foundation over at Mineral Makeup Mania, and some people thought it was unusually shiny - so that may have been part of reason why it looked so awful and weird. Somebody else said that because it's thick and shiny, you have to apply it super light or else risk looking like a reject from "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" LOL. I swear that's exactly what it looked like in bright light. And I use the tiniest bit imaginable. The little sample pots last me many, many months even if I use it everyday.
The other weird thing about Suncat foundation is that she makes a big deal about how neutral they are and that there's no orange like other companies' foundations. But I was organizing my makeup yesterday and looked at my containers of Suncat foundation, and I couldn't believe how orange they all looked compared to my Everyday Minerals foundation. It was kind of astounding.

i'm using a lot of different products but don't feel like i've found my HG yet. i'm trying lumiere and i'm hoping it's them!

I use Everyday Minerals and I really love it!! I use their foundation, concealer, and blush. I cant apply eyeshadow for the life of me so I havent tried that yet or the finishing powder.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif the finishing powder from EDM is really awesome. you should try it! Is this better than their silk dust? I've only tried a sample of the finishing dust, but I have to get good results with it yet. Maybe I put on too little. Will try again
smile.gif

it goes on top of your foundation, blush and all that right??

Whats the purpose of it?? lol i dont really know..does it set your makeup?

Originally Posted by luvbug04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif it goes on top of your foundation, blush and all that right?? Whats the purpose of it?? lol i dont really know..does it set your makeup?

The finishing powder or veil make your makeup stay more longer and make your skin more pretty, like a skin's paper model
wink.gif

I have try the veil from SignatureMinerals and wahooou, my skin look better (with fondation) and the minerals fondations/blush/glow last all day. But sometimes, I put veil after fondation and after it my blush/glow.

My favorite brands :

SignatureMinerals for concealers, veils, bronzer and e/s

Meow for fondations, glow, eyeliners and bronzer

TaylorMadeMinerals for e/s

TKB for pigments, base minerals, jars and brushes

CoastalScents for brushes

I will try fondation/veil from TaylorMadeMinerals and some fondations from DreamWorld.

Originally Posted by Piksy /img/forum/go_quote.gif my favorite mineral make up is physicians formula i know that it isn't like a big brand but i still like how it works and i like it because it is sensitive to my sensitive skin. I'm currently wearing their Mineral Powder in "Bronzer" and it's perfect, also doesnt break out on my sensitive skin...the only CON is it doesn't control oil but i carry my blotting papers everywhere so it doesnt bother me too much.

I have tried EDM, KT naturals, signature minerals, oceanmist, coastalscents and ID bare minerals. But KT and EDM are my favourites

Does it have bismuth oxy. in it? That can really make you like an oil slick! I have the same problem with mmu that has it as and indg.

Originally Posted by sbs4536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does it have bismuth oxy. in it? That can really make you like an oil slick! I have the same problem with mmu that has it as and indg. Are we talking about ID?

Back