What's your HG mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyday Minerals is my HG at the moment. It gives me a flawless finish and excellent coverage. I love their blushes too!

For finishing powder though, BE's Mineral Veil is amazing. I love it, it truly gives me an airbrushed look. :)

Originally Posted by simplicity /img/forum/go_quote.gif CoryBuff'd

bareFaced Minerals Velvet Plush

Monave Concealer Foundation

hi simplicity!if you like buff'd and cory and monave as I do :)

I have to try barefaced minraels. (this is a full coverage? correct? )

thank you!

I'm still a MMU newbie, but so far I love EDM Matte foundation in Sunkissed Fair. I'm not sure if it's my HG yet, because I haven't tried any other brands. I hope it is, though, because EDM's prices are beyond reasonable, their selection is great, and their customer service is WONDERFUL!

EDM-it was the first Mineral makeup I tried and I think I will stick with it
smile.gif

Geez, seeing all these replies just makes me feel overwhelmed! There are so many MMU companies out there, it's a bit intimidating...

Even with my limited experience with MMU's, I think I've found a few that I really love:

Primer: Fyrinnae's rice powder primer

Foundation: Laura Mercier in Real Sand

Concealer: BE's Well Rested & bisque

im still a newbie and i dont know how to apply eyeshadows and eyeliners just yet but so far, these are my favorites:

Finishing Powder - Monave Angel

Foundation - Monave Saturnina + Hyeyeon

Blushes - OMC Vanora (i love the natural, healthy glow this gives me...)

Concealer - OMC Saffron

Illuminizer - Valerie Satin Sun

Primer - still on the lookout. any recommendations?

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have an HG. For a while, I thought Lumiere followed by Meow were great. I am now back to EDM. I've been sampling the formulas to see what works best for my skin. I waiting for original glo (I have intensive, semi matte and matte). My skin is so picky, I'm not sure I could ever have an HG. The original glo didn't work out. I've gone back to Valerie. It doesn't break out my skin and gives me great coverage. That is what I've been using lately.
Favorites right now:

Valerie

Lumiere

Meow

UPDATE: Back in October I indicated I had given up on Pure Luxe because it wasn't quite sitting right on my face, and I was enjoying Ocean Mist. However when the samples ran out (along with my money from trying to find a color match from any number of companies) I decided to finish off the Pure Luxe I had. Wow, am I glad I did! Thought I would mix Creamy Natural with some Buff that I had (since Creamy Natural always seemed a bit too light and yellow on me). Tried various mix ratios only to conclude that Buff is actually a perfect match for me (at this time). Also, by letting my moisturizer soak in a bit longer than I had been and using a new powder brush, I found the Pure Luxe sits beautifully and holds up much better than it has in the past. Amazing what a difference correct application can make!

Anyway...Pure Luxe foundation...it was the first MMU I used and I think I'll be sticking with it!

Originally Posted by searchin' /img/forum/go_quote.gif UPDATE: Back in October I indicated I had given up on Pure Luxe because it wasn't quite sitting right on my face, and I was enjoying Ocean Mist. However when the samples ran out (along with my money from trying to find a color match from any number of companies) I decided to finish off the Pure Luxe I had. Wow, am I glad I did! Thought I would mix Creamy Natural with some Buff that I had (since Creamy Natural always seemed a bit too light and yellow on me). Tried various mix ratios only to conclude that Buff is actually a perfect match for me (at this time). Also, by letting my moisturizer soak in a bit longer than I had been and using a new powder brush, I found the Pure Luxe sits beautifully and holds up much better than it has in the past. Amazing what a difference correct application can make!
Anyway...Pure Luxe foundation...it was the first MMU I used and I think I'll be sticking with it!

Wow. This sounds like me. I had taken a break from using Pure Luxe foundation for about 6 months because I went on a sampling phase for a short bit. I came back to my Pure Luxe this past week because I saw a photo myself from early 2007 when I wore PL foudation. My skin looked radiant and perfect. You couldn't tell I was wearing any foundation even after hours in the heat and sun. I think I'm going to stick with PL for now. I guess it takes some wandering around and trying new things to realise that my HG was right under my nose.

BTW, I use a mixture of Creamy Natural and Buff. Perfect.

Lumiere's Cashmere and FF in Light Medium Beige, plus Spiced Apple and Fresh Roses for blushes, and Sahara and Ambrosia for bronzers. My fallback eyeshadow combo when I'm lazy is Lumi's Golden Plum, Wild Orchid, and Merlot as a liner. Oooh - and she's added Halo to the permanent collection of e/s's - it was supposed to be L/E for the Seasons Gleaming kit, but everybody loved it too much (including me). Fantastic highlight colour. Also love her dropper bottles of emu oil and the healing concealer (very useful if you have a cat who uses your leg to climb up onto the sofa - it does heal, has lots of anti-bacterial goodies in it, so it's not just for your face).

Silk Naturals' Datebait for finishing powder (can't live without it, gives a healthy touch of colour but not exactly a glow, and it's a great finisher), Climax blush, all her cool-toned lippies (first ones I've been able to wear, they're great), and many, many of her eyeshadows. Great customer service, and orders come in lovely little organza bags. She has great synthetic brushes from Forever Female, too.

The She Space is eyeshadow Mecca, no doubt about that. No matter what colour it is, Heather does it perfectly. Free goodies and nice notes come in packages, too.

MAD Minerals has some really great eyeshadows, too.

Sarafina for skincare, because it's wonderful (HGs are the Cleansing Milk, the ph Balancing Toner, Green Tea Eyegel, and the Lavender Hydrosol, the other stuff is great too, can't wait to try their shampoo), Bill's really nice and he keeps sending me very nice size samples of something new and terrific along with orders, and discount coupons for my next order all the time. Which is good cos there always is a next order.

Woodwize for their amazing dry-skin and eczema clearing-up hempseed oil and shea butter soap and body creams at prices you can't beat!

There are other terrific companies out there, but if I didn't limit myself, I'd be even more broke from makeup than I am now!

HG foundations (in no particular order)

Youngblood

Monave

Everyday

LaurEss

Laura Mercier

Aubrey Nicole

Monave Canela (foundation)

BE Pure Radiance and Warm Radiance

BE mineral veil (original and tinted)

Valerie Satin Sun

Monave Glow

Let's see... I use Lumiere for foundation, finishing powder, blush and eyeshadows and Ocean Mist and EDM for concealers. However, I REALLY liked Fyrinnae's superpower mineral foundation since the color I picked was the PERFECT shade for me. But I don't feel like waiting two months or however long it is now for an order.
wink.gif

Back