What's your HG mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, the Elemental is for drier skin, Minimalist is for oily skin and the new one, Ethereal is supposed to be heavier and can substitute as a concealer. There is quite a bit of info on their forum if you need more details. But that's the basics. I can wear both Elemental and Minimalist and am eagerly awaiting my Ethereal samples.

HTH

So far I love-

Foundation- Meow Pampurred Puss (but I have ED samples to try coming in the mail)

Eyeshadow- She Space/About Face and Pure Luxe

Blush - Pure Luxe

Highlighter/illuminator - The She Space/About Face

Originally Posted by makeupbabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif Basically, the Elemental is for drier skin, Minimalist is for oily skin and the new one, Ethereal is supposed to be heavier and can substitute as a concealer. There is quite a bit of info on their forum if you need more details. But that's the basics. I can wear both Elemental and Minimalist and am eagerly awaiting my Ethereal samples.
HTH

thank you
smile.gif
I'm looking for something that can mattify my oily shiny skin, I'll try Minimalist

I'm enjoying reading everyone's HG's because I am looking for a new HG now.

OK, I think I've sampled enough brands to have an opinion now!

Foundation: Mineral Silk in Cashmere - nothing else that I have tried has given me the nice, even but natural-looking coverage. It even covers up mild sunburn for me!

Finishing powder: Mineral Silk's Diamond Dust - every other one I've tried didn't seem as fine as this one, or it was too sparkly. This is *just* glowy enough, and is fine enough to gloss over the pores.

Bronzer: EDM's Everyday Bronzer - the color of this one is the closest to me sun-kissed color.

Eyeliner pigments: Signature Minerals, Cory, and Meow (if picking just one, it would be Cory - Cinder is the one I have)

Eye pigments: Cory - lasted through a hot, humid, sweaty, active day without budging. The colors go on very smoothly, and stay put - I figure if I'm going to take the time to do up my eyes, they better stay done up!

I haven't tried enough or don't use enough of concealers and primers to have an opinion.

Silk naturals!!!!!! I've tested lots and lots and Ive only ordered full batches from here!!! Lauress would have been my HG but couldn't get the right match, and now that the seasons are changing Silk Naturals makes it so easy to make your own match
smile.gif
)

Originally Posted by feu_du_ciel /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you
smile.gif
I'm looking for something that can mattify my oily shiny skin, I'll try Minimalist

Probably a good choice. I have combination skin and Minimalist does good work in both dry and oily areas of my skin. Elemental looked fabulous - but did not last on my skin. But I'd say that this foundation is definitely worth a try, the finish is absolutely beautiful!

At the moment, I'm still sampling, though I've liked something about almost every brand I've tried.

I like Lily Lolo (not quite the best match, might need to mix Blondie with a yellower tone) and Lauress so far. Lauress Elemental has a lovely dewy finish to it, and the Lily Lolo is more creamy, semi-matte.I'm hoping that the Lauress Ethereal will be the best in finish and coverage for me.

I have a good match in EDM, Golden Fair, but I don't think the staying power is as good as some others, in that it goes cakey around my nose and chin(I think I might need to apply less around my nose though, as it's fine elsewhere).

On my 'to try' list are:

Lumiere

Meow

Alima

Dreamworld

I never thought I'd get so into minerals once I tried them, but I'll never wear a liquid on a frequent basis again!

Well I was using Lumiere's Flawless Face formula in Light Med Beige (for the longest time...) but my little makeup world was rocked when I found some samples from the pre-buy. I am now using Cashmere formula (which I *thought* I hated!). Due to some slight formula color differences Cashmere is a tad darker and better suited for me for summer (even though it is the same shade as Flawless - Light med beige). It has all the coverage of Flawless Face but looks more natural and blends in better. I am going to buy a full size as Kim has a kick ass deal for 2x 12 gram jars for $30! YEEEAH. I really do not like the Luminesse formula at all and the Veena Velvet is just OK for me. Cashmere is now #1!

Skin Type for Reference: Fairly dry, slightly oily t-zone.

#1 Cashmere Formula - Really good coverage, isn't quite a flat matte coverage - has a bit of sheen (but not really?) The most natural looking of Lumiere's foundations if you can match a color! My new FAV! My skin just loves it too. I don't even need to set with my Avene Thermal Water to eliminate dusties! Lasts all day on me. Super creamy application - a lot like Flawless Face.

#2 Flawless Face - Kick ass coverage, moisturizing! I am gunna use this in winter from now on. Really hides imperfections!

#3 Veena Velvet - Good coverage, tends to look kinda dusty on me - might have clogged some pores (would not purchase a full size). Heavy feeling?

#4 Luminesse - Not enough coverage for me, too shiny.

Blushes: I really like EDM's blushes. Waffle Cone and DVR Saturday are two of my faves. I need to check out more of them. I wasn't a huge fan of Lumiere blushes (too pigmented? hard to use? didn't like them at all). To be honest I am not a huge fan of loose mineral blushes other than EDM - they are so user friendly! Other then that I use NARS/Urban Decay blushes.

All-over-color/highlighter: I like Lumiere's Island Sands... tis beautiful! Soft tan/peach and makes my face glow. Other than that I like Guerlain Meteorites and NARS Albatross as highlighters.

Bronzer: Having a hard time finding one I like that LOOKS natural. Rec's welcome!

Eyeshadow: I don't use minerals for eyeshadow (I am a hardcore MAC pigment kinda gal). I did like some of Cory's eyeshadows... but the customer service sucks bad and I will not order anything else from her.

Originally Posted by Kamicha /img/forum/go_quote.gif Probably a good choice. I have combination skin and Minimalist does good work in both dry and oily areas of my skin. Elemental looked fabulous - but did not last on my skin. But I'd say that this foundation is definitely worth a try, the finish is absolutely beautiful! so in your opinion, among Lauress Minimalist, Lumiere and Alima, which one is the best for oily skin?
smile.gif
in the summer in my country it's so hot and humid so it's not very comfortable when wearing makeup
frown.gif

I don't have enough experience about Lumiere, but Minimalist has definitely better staying power than Alima on the oily areas of my skin. Surprisingly I don't need any primer or finishing products with Minimalist, it stays beautiful all day long by itself. Even the oiliness does not pool or cake it, the surface just gets a bit shiny.

It's really hard to say how products work in different climate, though! In Scandinavia summers are quite dry and it's not too hot either. If I had to take a wild guess and pick one foundie with me to humid and hot climate, it would be Minimalist. The small amount of product on face (no primer, no finishing dust) feels like nice idea if the humidity tends to cake the makeup... ...of course you would probably not get the 100% matte look for whole day, but at least you avoid the caking and uncomfortable feel of thick makeup layer.

1. Foundation-Fyrinnae's (Topaz) Superpower Foundation (all-time favorite), EM's (Cool-Medium) Intensive Foundation (1st Runner Up)

2. Eyeshadows-Fyrinnae's Montalivet, EM's Ginger Peach, Good China & Silverspoon ( I love them all!)

3. Blushes-EM's Natural Blush (Use As a Blusher, highlighter, or eyeshadow) & EM's Veranda Blush (Use as a eyeshadow only instead of a blusher)

4. Finishing Powder-Fyrinnae's Oil Control Powder, EM's Finishing Dust (1st Runner Up)

5. Primer-Fyrinnae's Rice Powder Primer (Gotta love this stuff!)

I love Aromaleigh and I also enjoy Cory, Silk Naturals and a few others. They all offer something unique. Love them all.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kamicha /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have enough experience about Lumiere, but Minimalist has definitely better staying power than Alima on the oily areas of my skin. Surprisingly I don't need any primer or finishing products with Minimalist, it stays beautiful all day long by itself. Even the oiliness does not pool or cake it, the surface just gets a bit shiny.
It's really hard to say how products work in different climate, though! In Scandinavia summers are quite dry and it's not too hot either. If I had to take a wild guess and pick one foundie with me to humid and hot climate, it would be Minimalist. The small amount of product on face (no primer, no finishing dust) feels like nice idea if the humidity tends to cake the makeup... ...of course you would probably not get the 100% matte look for whole day, but at least you avoid the caking and uncomfortable feel of thick makeup layer.

that sounds great, i'll definitively try itthank u so so much
claps.gif

I only ever seem to buy Silk Naturals and She Space these days. Not sure if that's better or worse for my wallet, as I have so much of both, but at least it's cut down on the sampling (which was adding up - international shipping is not cheap).

Foundation: Silk Naturals

Finishing Powders: Silk Naturals and sometimes She Space

Glows: SN

Eye shadows: Both! (and some from MAD)

Bronzer: The new SN one for pale girls - Beach Bunny

Blush: Slight edge to SN because of the new ones in MOAC, but I have lots of both

Lippies: SN, by far

Eyeliner: SN again, with the new cream ones

Mascara: SN

The SN blush brush is a must-have, and will end up costing me more in the long run because I can wear so many more colours with it.
bawling.gif

I just hope neither of them go out of business, but aside from foundation, mascara, and finishing powders, I think I have enough MMU to last several lifetimes - or at least til the next new collection comes out
smile.gif

HG - still looking for one that really qualifies as that.

I like most so far:

Foundations- BFM Velvet Glove, Monave Concealer

Finishing Powder - EDM Finishing Dust

Eye Shadows- BE's, Pure Luxe, Madminerals, Fyrrannae, Taylormade

Foundation Monave

Finishing Powder MAC BLOT

Eyeliner MAC Fluidline BlackTrack

Eyeshadow Lumiere Gold Salmon

Blush Lumiere Desert Sun

Concealer Monave

Most everything in LaurEss, except I love Revlon Colorstay lipstick and Volum Express waterproof mascara.

Back