Which look for tomorrow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol YAY Liz! I am so happy for you. So tell us, what did you think of your "competition"? thanks!!!!umm.. they were nice. i was the only girl that wore colorful makeup well. some of the girls didn't wear any.

but you never know. they could apply makeup like a pro and have excelent selling techniques or something.

Originally Posted by Liz thanks!!!!umm.. they were nice. i was the only girl that wore colorful makeup well. some of the girls didn't wear any.

but you never know. they could apply makeup like a pro and have excelent selling techniques or something.

I wonder why some didn't wear MU. I mean, the industry that you are applying for bases some of their decisions on looks. You would think that they would try to show of their skills. Well, at least you were smart and you did.
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I wonder why some didn't wear MU. I mean, the industry that you are applying for bases some of their decisions on looks. You would think that they would try to show of their skills. Well, at least you were smart and you did.
claps.gif
i dunno why they didn't wear any or not much. i would think you would want to show off your talent, especially from any that got cut. none of them had on much makeup.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Liz, great plan! I wish I was near your counter, you'd be my favorite ma! thanks charms!! i would tell you to come in when it's not busy to do your makeup hehehee

Originally Posted by Liz thank yas!yeah. i'm going to be explaining every step and give them a mirror. lay out my things on napkins, use anti-bacterial on my hands first. ask them about their skin type. seperate what i would recommend to buy when i'm done.

i told my bf i need a watch. lol

You got it down girl!
Sanitize all the products first too (dip l/s in alcohol and then wipe off the top layer), wipe all powder products, utilize the petri dish (not the back of your hand). Good ways to make an impression!

Originally Posted by Marisol Which MAC did you apply at? monterey
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux You got it down girl!
Sanitize all the products first too (dip l/s in alcohol and then wipe off the top layer), wipe all powder products, utilize the petri dish (not the back of your hand). Good ways to make an impression!

hehe. forgot about the e/s. thanks!

Depending on how far you want to go, memorize a couple of key ingredients in some products and while you are doing the application, talk to your client about what they are and what they do. FWIW.

Originally Posted by eyesdancing Depending on how far you want to go, memorize a couple of key ingredients in some products and while you are doing the application, talk to your client about what they are and what they do. FWIW. thanks for the tip!yeah. i want to do that with skincare stuff. like the wipes, fast response, and fix+ cause i know there are some things in them that sound good for the skin. hehe.

OMG OMG Liz...that sounds fantastic!!!! I don´t think you´ll have much to worry about. from what you said you seem to be very prepared, you know what they want and everything.

good luck for the next interview
icon_biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

I had a phone interview yesterday morning with the regional manager. I thought things went well. I was nice, and I asked questions about the company and how to work your way up into the company and what not.

I just got a call back a few minutes ago and I've made it through the second cut and invited to the last interview: the makeup application!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the remaining girls are coming in to do makeup on eachother so we don't have to bring anyone in. Ahhh. I haven't done makeup on someone in awhile
icon_eek.gif
. i wonder what they're gonna tell me to do as the "look".

YAYYYY!!!!!

YAY LIZZY!!!
claps.gif
That's awesome news!! I am not a fan of phone interviews, though, I feel like it's harder to impress them since they can't see if you are genuinely interested with facial expressions, body language, etc. But you did already have a group interview, though!

Do you know how the group makeup application portion is supposed to go? Like do you come bare-faced, and get it done at the counter with their makeup or do you bring your own?

SUPER PSYCHED FOR YA!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Usually you have 30 minutes and you have to start with a day look and in the last few minutes turn it into an evening look. They will look at your technique, how you use your brushes, how you interact with the customer,etc. You will o fine!

wow Liz.. if i could say aanything here I'd say GIRL YOU'RE AMAZING!!

im not gonna vote not only bcz i cant choose, but bcz its waay too late lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

congrats in advance hun, i dont think they'll find anyone better
claps.gif

thanks you guys!

i had my group interview last week on thursday.

i don't like phone interviews either. i don't like talking on the phone period, let alone something like this. lol

I don't want to get your hopes up but I've had this feeling from the beginning! I know you'll make it and you'll get that job!!! If they don't give it to you then they will lose a great person and a ma! IMO you are an artist already. I love you fotds!! Yay!!!!
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
I am so happy for you!!!

Back